Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I don't think the US or Israel will take the bait. Honestly the only thing the average US citizen needs to be concerned with his how Biden's response plays into the coming election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ballistic just means you shoot it up and it follows and predictable trajectory.

Maybe, some of them speed up during the final phase.

i was specifically referring to ballistic missiles that have an out-of-atmosphere phase

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TulliusCicero posted:

The US needs to absolutely tell Israel if they go for this stupid poo poo, good loving luck you are on your own
I'm going out on a limb and guess that's not what will happen.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Murdstone posted:

I'm going out on a limb and guess that's not what will happen.

If everything ends up being intercepted and it is, as Iran pinky-swears, a single attack, I could definitely see Biden pushing for it.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

redshirt posted:

Fun fact but Israel is its own country with its own interests and motivations and the USA has nothing to do with it.

:rubby:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Israel is to USA as North Korea is to China.

Sorry all you're stuck with them.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Universal outrage > Universal suffrage

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Avirosb posted:

The best course of action is to send Trump to Israel to throw a couple paper towels.

I think Kendal Jenner could calm everything down with a few icy cold cans of Pepsi.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

That's loving bullshit. It was universal outrage and my post ITT that made him do it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's pretty clear Bibi is probably coordinating with this shithead

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That's loving bullshit. It was universal outrage and my post ITT that made him do it.

Preposterous, it was universal outrage and the bowel movement I had earlier.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

This guy may literally have the worst case of main character syndrome of anyone on the planet. Like goddamn.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

weg posted:

I don't think the US or Israel will take the bait. Honestly the only thing the average US citizen needs to be concerned with his how Biden's response plays into the coming election.

Biden’s moves so far seems to indicate he’s sick of the US being expected to coddle Netanyahu’s atrocious fuckery, while also understanding that outright abandoning Israel as an “ally” would be political suicide.

However, he’s not getting the evangelical vote regardless. And I’m starting to think Jewish Americans are tiring of this poo poo, because most Holocaust survivors are dead and a lot of their descendants want to unshackle themselves from association with Israel and its horrors.

That being said, I’m no expert on the intimate details of the I/P conflict, so my experience with Jewish friends ( many of whom are by ethnicity only and don’t actually practice) and a few Israeli immigrants in the US is anecdotal.

Personally? I just wish people would stop loving killing each other.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Aramis posted:

If everything ends up being intercepted and it is, as Iran pinky-swears, a single attack, I could definitely see Biden pushing for it.

Big preface of I don't think this is what is actually happening, but the best case scenario (and one I bet both Israel and Iran would take if given the consequences free option) would be that it's coordinated.

Iranian leadership couldn't do nothing in response to the Israeli attack on their embassy for their domestic audience, but also wouldn't want to go to war over it.

Israeli leadership needs to seem in control of the situation for their domestic audience.

An attack on Israel by Iran that kills Israelis would have a very high chance of escalating. An attack that is entirely intercepted without anything further happening could be spruiked by Iranian leadership as then having pushed back proportionally on Israel, and portrayed by Israeli leadership as then being safe from Iran and Iran backing down.

Nothing about this whole situation is sane, so that sort of coordination almost certainly isn't happening, but I do bet there are a ton of people of both sides hoping it's how things play out.

Edit: of course if the Iranian attack goes beyond a token level then this is all irrelevant and wrong.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 14, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is Universal Outrage the US version of Universal Healthcare?

:thunk:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ars Arcanum posted:

Biden’s moves so far seems to indicate he’s sick of the US being expected to coddle Netanyahu’s atrocious fuckery, while also understanding that outright abandoning Israel as an “ally” would be political suicide.

However, he’s not getting the evangelical vote regardless. And I’m starting to think Jewish Americans are tiring of this poo poo, because most Holocaust survivors are dead and a lot of their descendants want to unshackle themselves from association with Israel and its horrors.

That being said, I’m no expert on the intimate details of the I/P conflict, so my experience with Jewish friends ( many of whom are by ethnicity only and don’t actually practice) and a few Israeli immigrants in the US is anecdotal.

Personally? I just wish people would stop loving killing each other.

This^

Biden is the first President to truly start bucking against the "Special Relationship" since Johnson, mainly because Bibi is so loving bloodthirsty insane at this point.

US populace is largely it seems not a fan of Bibi besides the rabid Evangelicals and the Ben Shapiros, so we shall see

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I’m gonna get up off my chair and kick all their asses.

Right after this bong rip…

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

lol he's never not in grift mode, trying to pump his worthless stock

TRUTH!

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/live/SEWkzlHpuRE?si=Kp-kDxng7oq-8BI_

Our big wet boy is on.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1779291638512103857

Good brains Trump

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1779289307242467542

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

General: “Sir, Iran is attacking Israel!”
Biden: “Oh darn! Has Trump TRUTHed about it yet? We should probably follow his advice or we’ll look foolish.”

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"I'VE BEEN YELLING AT THE TV FOR TWO HOURS AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE! REPLY HERE TO DO SOMETHING!!!"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

quote:

Ch. 12 quotes ‘senior Israeli official’ pledging ‘unprecedented response’ to Iran attack, urging Israelis not to go to bed

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...t-to-go-to-bed/

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1779295771944272261

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1779296728849457547

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Ah yes, coming from the guy who promised to genocide Palestine personally.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kchama posted:

Ah yes, coming from the guy who promised to genocide Palestine personally.

He also desperately wanted to fire nukes at North Korea iirc

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

FULLY GAGGED
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1779298156405989389

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1779298819361968264

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have a good “you know what”

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Captain Fargle posted:

Well. I guess I get to spend tonight panicking about WW3.

Please god tell me this isn't WW3 kicking off.

Iran is going to launch a nuke at your genitals

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Trump in Line for Extra SPAC Payday Despite $4.5 Billion Selloff

quote:

A rocky start for Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. shares has wiped out $4.5 billion in market value in just a couple of weeks. But it will have to lose a lot more than that to put at risk the massive special bonus due to the former president and his corporate insiders.

As part of the startup’s blank-check deal, Trump Media insiders — Donald Trump himself is by far the largest holder — will divvy up 40 million new shares if the stock trades can stall their latest slide, regulatory filings show. The so-called earnouts, which can be a standard part of deals involving special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, are designed to reward the original investors, but they also punish ordinary shareholders by diluting the value of their stakes through the issuance of millions of extra shares.

In the case of Trump Media, the stock needs to trade above $17.50 for 20 days out of a 30-day period — Friday marked its 13th session — over the next three years. With the company closing Friday at $32.59, those conditions could be met as soon as April 23, despite the stock’s 59% tumble from a high of $79.38 on March 26. In fact, the shares would need to plunge another 46% for the now $1.3 billion paper payday for the former president and his co-founders to be in doubt.

(more at link)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

He also desperately wanted to fire nukes at North Korea iirc

he wanted any excuse to fire a nuke at someone. anything to make his little mushroom hard.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

How many PA rallies is this now? I wish he’d just stay away.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

LOL Iran barely has any allies in the area already.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

As part of the startup’s blank-check deal, Trump Media insiders — Donald Trump himself is by far the largest holder — will divvy up 40 million new shares if the stock trades can stall their latest slide, regulatory filings show. The so-called earnouts, which can be a standard part of deals involving special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, are designed to reward the original investors, but they also punish ordinary shareholders by diluting the value of their stakes through the issuance of millions of extra shares.

That is not at all how stocks work, if the underlying company is worthless (It is), giving people more of it is just more of nothing unless the company is somehow paying dividends, which it isn't because the company is worthless and likely insolvent by their own admission.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's impossible for rich people to not get richer. It's just disgusting.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
There are reports that Jordan and Saudi Arabia are shooting down Iran's drones, if that is true it would be a massive policy win for Biden and a giant gently caress you to Trump.

MadcapLaughs
Mar 17, 2007

Darnell Tmurp just said 200 million Americans support him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

TulliusCicero posted:

This^

Biden is the first President to truly start bucking against the "Special Relationship" since Johnson, mainly because Bibi is so loving bloodthirsty insane at this point.

US populace is largely it seems not a fan of Bibi besides the rabid Evangelicals and the Ben Shapiros, so we shall see

There was a period where GHWB and Baker had a frosty period with Israel, withholding funds etc. I read the reason they felt less concern about it was they were such Yale types they simply had no Jewish friends/associates. But it was the last time any US president I recall deviated from full support.