Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

The_Rob posted:

Not a new release or anything and I’m glad I got it. It just sucks that this is one of the worst covers I’ve ever seen. Someone’s gotta be doing a 4k of this soon right?

I remember hearing something about Criterion/Janus possibly having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

codyclarke posted:

The Rain People is coming to blu-ray via Warner Archive on May 7th. They were screening a new 4K DCP of it recently, so the transfer should be good. Incredible movie.

Coppola's previous film You're a Big Boy Now is coming the same day, also from a new 4K restoration from the camera negative.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

thanks a lot goodwill now this turd may be the rarest movie i own

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

thanks a lot goodwill now this turd may be the rarest movie i own

It’s been logged by exactly 1 person on Letterboxd, what even is this? 👀

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I too own a one-review movie thanks to a thrift store DVD - Monkeys + Robots, an inexplicable film. The one review is my partner, who I watched it with and added it to the site themselves. One day I should rip and upload it to archive.org. It's a mess. :allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Just checked my email. Vinegar Syndrome news:

Now through Sunday night there's an Umbrella Entertainment label spotlight on their site. On sale:

The Tunnel/The Tunnel: The Other Side of Darkness double feature
Stranded/Cosmic Psychos double feature
Sons of Steel
Top Knot Detective
Inn of the Damned/Night of Fear double feature
Day of the Panther/Strike of the Panther double feature
Death in Brunswick
Midnite Spares
Shame
Undead
Nightmares
Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds

Also through Sunday night, Altered Innocence titles will be on the site exclusively in the Going Out of Print section. After that they move on to their new distribution deal with MVD. Deaf Crocodile titles are also in the Going OOP section (they're partnering with DiabolikDVD), but it's not a timed thing. Either way with the numbers available and at the prices, if you see anything from either label you've wanted that's still available, it's today and tomorrow and Sunday left to jump on them, and it's all half off. Stuff I recommend:

Deaf Crocodile:
Solomon King
The Time Bending Mysteries of Shahram Mokri boxset (Careless Crime, Fish & Cat, Invasion, and Ashkan, The Holy Ring & Other Stories)
Delta Space Mission
The Mysterious Castle in the Carpathians
The Unknown Man of Shandigor
I also recommend Heroic Times but that's sold out already :rip:

Altered Innocence:
After Blue (Dirty Paradise)
Uranian Dreams: Two Homosexual Films by Eloy de la Iglesia (Hidden Pleasures and Confessions of a Congressman)
Name Above Title and Other Tales of Woe by Carlos Conceicao (7 films ranging from 9-62 minutes)
I also recommend Luz but that's sold out already :rip:

https://twitter.com/DeafCrocodile/status/1778936579744043224

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

severin had a pop up sale at my video store and i bought that damned black emanuelle box for half off like a gross nerd

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wish I had a video store around me. The last place that sells movies at this point near me is Barnes and Noble

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

That Black Emmanuelle set was easily the best release of 2023.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ultraviolence123 posted:

That Black Emmanuelle set was easily the best release of 2023.

Yeah I'm still just halfway through the boxset but its very well done.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wish I had a video store around me. The last place that sells movies at this point near me is Barnes and Noble

Hate to break it to you but the B&N by me has switched almost entirely down to DVD's only with limited Blu-Rays (Mostly in Criterion, still) and almost no 4K.

Just in the last few months, it's a dramatic shift. Like everyone else.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Yeah it's wild how going dvd-only is apparently a step on the way to not selling physical media anymore. My Walmart is getting like that. There's blurays in there but fewer and fewer. Replaced with DVDs of brand new movies.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

severin had a pop up sale at my video store and i bought that damned black emanuelle box for half off like a gross nerd

You talking about Movie Madness?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/worldofreel/status/1779219747013304449

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

I found both of these at a thrift store in Atlanta for 50 cents each and just wanted to gloat. I think it's the only time I've seen a Twilight Time release in the wild.

EDIT: lmao, I didn't realize my feet were in the photo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

really hate that movies are becoming like video games where a legal method to buy them physically just doesn't exist for a good majority of them if they're available at all in any form.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

I'd guess Napoleon is off the table too

DrFlamingo
Apr 9, 2023

FrumpleOrz posted:

I found both of these at a thrift store in Atlanta for 50 cents each and just wanted to gloat. I think it's the only time I've seen a Twilight Time release in the wild.

Those two films for $1 is unbelievable. I've actually picked up two Twilight Time blu's at Half Price Books in the past couple months (one in the Twin Cities and one in Columbus). They were marked at like $15 ea (underpriced but not *that* underpriced).

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Big Mac posted:

You talking about Movie Madness?

my friends have to ask me to stop talking about movie madness

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/KLStudioClassic/status/1779525016998060160
but at least we're getting Snake Eyes on 4K!

https://x.com/KLStudioClassic/status/1779531101674881157

dorium fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 14, 2024

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Snake Eyes is a buy for me, it's a very stylish film. Maybe the last good De Palma film?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God drat KL can you finally give an update on the sneakers 4k you announced last September?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah same. Snake Eyes rocks. I saw a 35mm print last year and it still is easily my top 5 De Palma.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Snake Eyes instant buy

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I gave up and grabbed the Italian release for Killers of the Flower Moon from Diabolik. The 4k is apparently region locked and my player doesn't unlock 4ks so I just stuck with the Blu. I'm really tired of these studios not releasing titles on a physical format.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

https://www.amazon.it/Killers-Flower-Moon-4K-Bd/dp/B0CNQ4R5NB/

Skill issue.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

God drat KL can you finally give an update on the sneakers 4k you announced last September?

There's a bunch of titles that took a while before an actual date. I think Cry-Baby took 1 1/2 years from initial announcement, but it's absolutely packed with new extras and even has the director's cut newly reconstructed/remastered.

Synapse took something like five years for Suspiria and it was absolutely worth the wait.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Watched my Clue 4K. It looks and sounds excellent. I appreciate the ability to watch a random ending but lolol at anyone who doesn't watch the trilogy ending. Movie also totally holds up and should have been a big hit.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My copy of Face/Off and Goodbye, Dragon Inn arrived today but no slip for Face/Off 😭

I’ll survive somehow.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Slip/Off

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

I mean if it was 2010 i would be coy about it but it's 2024 and if they won't let me pay them for it well, I'll just download it. Fuckos.

Mr E posted:

really hate that movies are becoming like video games where a legal method to buy them physically just doesn't exist for a good majority of them if they're available at all in any form.

There is an Italian UHD/BDR release

https://www.amazon.it/Killers-of-the-Flower-Moon-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B0CNQ4R5NB?tag=bluraycom0c-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

UHD disc is region free; Blu-ray is B locked.

Edit: I guess the UHD is locked too! Cool!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think they did the same with Joel Coen's The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pwn posted:

UHD disc is region free; Blu-ray is B locked.

Edit: I guess the UHD is locked too! Cool!!

"We'll see about that!" says me, a guy who does not honor/give a poo poo about region codes.

E; I guess you have to be italian to order from that amazon link, though, which i unfortunately do not know how to not honor. lol.

Sniep fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 15, 2024

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

my friends have to ask me to stop talking about movie madness

get new friends

I volunteer at the Hollywood and they'll always talk Movie Madness with me

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Movie Madness was such a huge highlight of my recent trip to Portland. I got to see the soap from Fight Club and a real prop from Citizen Kane! They had a DVD copy of Interstella 5555 and I convinced my friend who was local to the area to rent Baby Assassins! I even dropped a suggestion in their box for the Customer Suggestions shelf for Wild Zero. I wish I lived there so I'd have an excuse to constantly check stuff out.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Love Movie Madness, but whoever is stocking the Blu shelf over at Music Millennium these days is killing it, especially with imports.

...which are still at import prices, but no shipping fees takes the sting out a little. Nabbed the Umbrella Possession 4K for under forty bucks today.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I live in Rhode Island so I don't get any of that cool kinda poo poo :sigh:

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I'm working my volunteer shift at the theatre and the Severin guys are great. They sold out (in person at least) of the movie I've had sitting in my cart, but I'm walking away with a copy of Dracula, Prisoner of Frankenstein so I'm still stoked

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I live in Rhode Island so I don't get any of that cool kinda poo poo :sigh:

You must open a video store with a micocinema in the back now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Big Mac posted:

I'm working my volunteer shift at the theatre and the Severin guys are great. They sold out (in person at least) of the movie I've had sitting in my cart, but I'm walking away with a copy of Dracula, Prisoner of Frankenstein so I'm still stoked

I’m jealous of your experience! And that’s a great title from Severin too. I recently reconnected with a collector friend and we’ve been having a great time sending photos of our scores back and forth. The DPOF slip is really nice. Severin always gets the slipcovers right, tonally. VS usually does but sometimes the more comic-style art isn’t a great match for the film.

Speaking of Jess Franco, I would really really be interested in a 4K Erotic Rites of Frankenstein from Sev or VS. Or whoever!