Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
One day closer to the release of Silksong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do you think today's solar eclipse has anything to do with Silksong?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you think today's solar eclipse has anything to do with Silksong?

it's not happening in Australia, so unfortunately it's probably just viral marketing for Shadow of the Erdtree

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

i believe silk song will exist

1 day

o my rotting goalposts

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So, Haiku the Robot is pretty much Hollow Knight again. Anyone with me on this?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Alxprit posted:

So, Haiku the Robot is pretty much Hollow Knight again. Anyone with me on this?

I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The boss fights are worse and there's way fewer

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Haiku is not as good, and it certainly isn't as big, but it is a good game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And Islets is the perfect Hollow Knight at home. I hope y'all got it when it was game of the week on Epic.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm certainly not implying it's as good as Hollow Knight, but even a pale imitation is a good time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im enjoying afterimage

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
There's also the recently released Biomorph. It has a fun kirby-esque monster takeover mechanic, and alright combat (the 2 boss battles I've seen were kind of dull), and it has quests and storytelling that I'm still lukewarm on. Also they make you walk very long distances pretty slowly. But maybe it opens up later?

I guess this is an endorsement to wait for Silksong after all.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I picked up The Lost Crown in the last sale, and I'm pretty impressed so far. It's nakedly a fusion of Hollow Knight and Dread, but that formula works so whatever.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

I picked up The Lost Crown in the last sale, and I'm pretty impressed so far. It's nakedly a fusion of Hollow Knight and Dread, but that formula works so whatever.

:confused: Is this an Epic store exclusive or something?
Because this is the only game named "The Lost Crown" on Steam, and I'm pretty sure it's not what you're talking about :
https://store.steampowered.com/app/291710/The_Lost_Crown/

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It has most the best bits of Hollow Knight DNA, polished to a sheen by the experience engineers at Ubi. There's a little bit less soul in it than in HK, but it is an outstanding game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I really enjoyed it as well. Played on switch, it runs mostly at 60fps with a few dips. Great game.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Dancer posted:

And Islets is the perfect Hollow Knight at home. I hope y'all got it when it was game of the week on Epic.

enjoyed this one. made by one guy, imagine what 3 could do

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

enjoyed this one. made by one guy, imagine what 3 could do
No man is an islet

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I won't be able to watch this Triple I thing live when it goes down so I can only assume there is a 100% chance of Silksong

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fedule posted:

I won't be able to watch this Triple I thing live when it goes down so I can only assume there is a 100% chance of Silksong

More like Silkgone.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Fedule posted:

it was released but only if you saw it live. sorry. sorry bud

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Fedule posted:

100% chance of Silksong what

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
The Prince of Persia: Silksong

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Princess of Silk: A Hornet's Song

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Judge Tesla posted:

One day closer to the release of Silksong.

Bump.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Every day, Team Cherry finishes half of the remaining work on Silksong.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Snake Maze posted:

Every day, Team Cherry finishes half of the remaining work on Silksong.

Impressively infinitesimal!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

pleased to announce that the bug kingdom have been implemented into total warhammer 3 with the legendary lords "bapa" and "nada" leading their respective factions

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

tithin posted:

pleased to announce that the bug kingdom have been implemented into total warhammer 3 with the legendary lords "bapa" and "nada" leading their respective factions

In ENGLISH, Einstein!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

In ENGLISH, Einstein!

Vlad Von Carstein's gonna have a bug problem

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

https://www.gamesradar.com/hollow-k...show-yet-again/

Lmao

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think we should do riots every time silksong no shows its been a while since we had some fun riots and I feel this is as good excuse as any.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’re probably redoing the whole game in something other than Unity after that fiasco last year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
June 20th is the date. That is the first day of summer. At that point, it will be officially 2 years late.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They realized that they forgot to program a game after making a mock-up sizzle reel and have been scrambling to get something, anything together in time.
William Pellen has repeatedly asked Ari Gibson if it’s possible to just rerelease Hollow Knight with a Hornet character mod and hope nobody notices.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Do they just not know? Are they kind of social mecha illiterate and assume that their PR guy is getting across their issues in a concise and straightforward manner? Duke Nuke Forever was never on my radar so I couldn’t say for that but did the 3D realms people say anything for their durance?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hearing rumors that Silksong will be releasing very shortly.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing rumors that Silksong will be releasing very shortly.

One year per playable hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."