Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Mauser posted:

Too many good things on this page, it's time for an ad break.

What happens on April 30?
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

syntaxfunction posted:

Folks like these will be in history as the modern equivalent of our Aristotle or Diogenes, and so I ask you: would the world ending really be that bad?

There's no way Aristotle was as annoying or weird as human pet guy. diogenes absolutely tracks tho

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There's no way Aristotle was as annoying or weird as human pet guy. diogenes absolutely tracks tho

Wasn't Socrates famously obnoxious?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

grittyreboot posted:

Socrates? Are you sure? Do you have primary sources? How might two people define obnoxious differently?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lobok posted:

Socrates? Are you sure? Do you have primary sources? How might two people define obnoxious differently?

(eyes bottle of hemlock in the drawer)

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/Goodtweet_man/status/1000869591168487425?t=AJDf994VfMzL57kNsF2gtw&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

How was Socrates obnoxious?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Mister Speaker posted:

Northern Boys and it's basically Comedy rap like 'haha here are some old dudes with funny voices being really vulgar' and then you hear Pete & Bas which is their more serious project

The northern boys popped up later and joined Pete and bas' label to release their music, but they are not the same people.

One of the northern boys does serious solo stuff alongside the funny tracks, so you're not entirely wrong, he's just not Pete or bas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8N-g8nBQsQ

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Credit where it's due, it's rare to see a correct usage of "Mithridatism" in the wild.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SimonChris posted:

Credit where it's due, it's rare to see a correct usage of "Mithridatism" in the wild.

I missed that when I read the tweets, but I guess I skimmed them a few times first.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Air Skwirl posted:

How was Socrates obnoxious?

The Athenian government make him commit suicide because he was so loving obnoxious.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SimonChris posted:

Digital Mithridates sounds like a cyberpunk character too.

Increasingly convinced that Human Pet Guy is a bit and not genuine

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://bsky.app/profile/kenwhite.bsky.social/post/3kpxbv2vpjy2l

https://bsky.app/profile/brendelbored.bsky.social/post/3kpxabq2uum2r

https://www.threads.net/@die_workwear/post/C5qx6xdRB1w

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Parallelwoody posted:

The Athenian government make him commit suicide because he was so loving obnoxious.

Ah but how did they determine that he WAS obnoxious?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SimonChris posted:

The Princess Bride, but instead of iocaine powder it's sissy hypno.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Ah but how did they determine that he WAS obnoxious?

He died?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1779421374848647473

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Runa posted:

(eyes bottle of hemlock in the drawer)

the socrates was inside us all along

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1779211715630051772?t=omDLwka9sUUi7WP4EH6KIQ&s=19

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Ah but did he truly die if his ideas live on even today?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

how many times has this gone around I wonder

edit: looks like a reddit post from 3yrs ago. well, i hope they made one twitter dollar.

Lazy_Liberal has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Apr 14, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

My wife and I got a chuckle out of it. Sorry Reddit person who probably re posted from actual aquarium reddits.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Browsing /r/streetwear so that I can properly outfit my street urchins.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/anoyes/status/1779235130021970146

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
So, what did Capcom do now?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
probably nothing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hippocrass posted:

So, what did Capcom do now?

https://twitter.com/CapcomL10N/status/1778657301551038721

quote:

What is localization?

Embark on a global adventure through the lens of game localization! Beyond mere translation, we're diving into the art of cultural adaptation, preserving context, and inclusive storytelling. Join us as we unravel the intricacies that make games resonate worldwide.

🌏 Not Just Translating

Localization isn't just about translating words; it's about adapting the game for a global audience. Think cultural nuances, idioms, and regional flair. A good localization makes players feel right at home, wherever in the world they are!

🧐 The Importance of Context

Lost in Translation? Nah! Preserving the vibe is key. Jokes, references, and even gameplay elements might need a little cultural remix. It's important to find that sweet spot to make sure players get the intended experience without feeling like something got lost in the process.

🗣️ Bridging the Linguistic Gap

Each language has its unique structure and cultural context. Our teams work to ensure the narrative and dialogue maintain coherence and emotional impact. It's not just about words; it's about capturing the essence of the story in a way that resonates with the target audience.

🚫 Cultural Sensitivity in Characters

Character design and development must be culturally sensitive. What may be acceptable in one culture might be offensive in another. Localizers play a crucial role in ensuring that characters are relatable and respectful, avoiding stereotypes or other references that could be perceived as negative in specific cultures.

🌈 Inclusive Language and Representation

Localization efforts extend to promoting inclusivity through language and representation. This involves adapting not only the linguistic aspects but also addressing gender-specific language, cultural norms, and diverse perspectives. The aim is to create an immersive experience where players from different backgrounds can identify with the characters and narrative. This can be very challenging for certain languages due to grammar.

😂 Adapting Humor and Wit

Humor often relies on cultural references and wordplay, making it a challenging aspect of game localization. Translators must carefully navigate puns, jokes, and cultural references to maintain the intended comedic effect. This requires a deep understanding of the target audience's sense of humor while staying true to the original wit.

🧩 Consistency in Terminology

Maintaining consistency in terminology is crucial for a smooth and coherent gaming experience. This applies not only to translating words but also to ensuring that game mechanics, instructions, and lore are consistently represented across languages. Establishing a cohesive language system helps prevent confusion and enhances the overall gaming experience for players worldwide.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Probably said some empty platitude like every company’s mission statement in history

e: ok yup

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

freeedr posted:

Probably said some empty platitude like every company’s mission statement in history

e: ok yup

not even, they just explained the basic concepts behind localization, something literally every media and entertainment company does, including the studios behind every video game this jackass has ever played

imagine being such a hateful, bigoted moron that localization pisses you off

e: the replies are full of idiots, one side calling localization "colonialism" and pretending to be "former liberals" and the other side calling it woke nonsense

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Apr 14, 2024

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

venus de lmao posted:

not even, they just explained the basic concepts behind localization, something literally every media and entertainment company does, including the studios behind every video game this jackass has ever played

imagine being such a hateful, bigoted moron that localization pisses you off

I mean, it’s good they’re explicitly pointing out sensitivity and inclusion which I’m sure is what pissed this idiot off, but yeah, it’s pretty much just a list of what loc does everywhere.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

venus de lmao posted:

[...] explained basic concepts
[...] the replies are full of idiots, one side calling localization "colonialism" and pretending to be "former liberals" and the other side calling it woke nonsense

I hate the internet

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
ive herd it makes u stupid

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

chglcu posted:

I mean, it’s good they’re explicitly pointing out sensitivity and inclusion which I’m sure is what pissed this idiot off, but yeah, it’s pretty much just a list of what loc does everywhere.

Nerds get it in their head that their Japanese animes all share and re-enforce their particular world view and when that's not the case they blame woke localization teams changing the script and pushing an agenda.

It's a whole thing.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mega Person XY when

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I will say colonization is new

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CharlestheHammer posted:

I will say colonization is new

It's basically "democrats are the real racists" just with a different word.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

and the reason I'm sure they're pretending to be former liberals is that it's the political counterpart to the evangelical grift of "I used to be a Sinful Atheist and listen to Rock And Roll while smoking reefer and HATING GOD until i was saved, PRAISE JESUS"

those freaks love their "I used to be the thing we all hate and fear" redemption grifts, and frankly, progressives forgetting that brown people are human and turning into chuds is vastly less common than conservatives being exposed to people who are different, realizing they've been lied to all their lives, and becoming more progressive.

with the exception of, like, your boomer mom watching fox news nonstop during 4 years of pandemic and going insane

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

venus de lmao posted:

4 years of pandemic

Day fifteen hundred of LOCKDOWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧