Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Laying bare the crimes of the cheaters but also narcs Lightning is more important than humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Cheating>>>>>>>>>Snitching

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
The Lane Hutson era starts tonight

No pressure kid we haven't had a true #1 d since Marky retired/was dumped by Bergevin

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

HOLY gently caress posted:

gently caress the Knights, marry the Ducks, kill the Kings

the Kraken were kind of fun to see in person at least. maybe not if you hate Nirvana though, they play a snippet of Smells Like Teen Spirit when they score

It's Lithium, not Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm glad others caught this too.

No one should come to Seattle, it rains all the time, but the hockey is bad. (Except the WHL where Everett is totally getting that exceptional prospect kid next year.)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Next year the Flyers should hire like a Nepalese sherpa or someone who has likely never witnessed hockey ever in their life and have them coach the power play because they're guaranteed to do a better job than Rocky Thompson

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hey this is a silly question but when did they stop checking and hitting in the NHL. I haven't watched a game since the owners broke the union back in 2004-05 lockout. I guess that's 20 years huh. Seems like things have changed

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

stab posted:

The Lane Hutson era starts tonight

No pressure kid we haven't had a true #1 d since Marky retired/was dumped by Bergevin

I *LOVE* this kid. He is going to be a superstar.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Jhet posted:

It's Lithium, not Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm glad others caught this too.

I went once more than a month ago, I'm surprised I remembered it was Nirvana at all :negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nick Jensen got boarded into the wall and was out cold with that stiff frozen look. Hes being stretchered out now.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/arizonacoyotes/status/1779258275374010493?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Need to pay off a couple Holiday Inn debts first and then, Coyotes fans, you will hear the truth

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
"Here's my statement: I can't say anything right now."

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
LOL @ the cursor being in the screenshot

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Cartoon Man posted:

Nick Jensen got boarded into the wall and was out cold with that stiff frozen look. Hes being stretchered out now.

https://x.com/BallySportsFL/status/1779274492839072122

No penalty

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Im too much of a homer to weigh in on whether it was or wasnt, Ill let others litigate that. I just hope Nick gets to go home to his family with no permanent damage.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

My favourite thing about Murray doing a conditioning stint is journalists acting like he could actually play, ignoring that he also got healthy during the playoffs last year and Keefe refused to play him because, you know, he hadnt played any NHL games in forever and also sucks.

Even if he's physically capable, if the Leafs have to resort to playing their 4th goalie then it doesn't matter because all of Sammy/Woll/Jones have poo poo the bed catastrophically and/or are also dead so the series is already over.

At this point it seems like more of a favour to him to get a bit of practice time and maybe show teams he's healthy enough to toss a minimum contact at next year as like a third goalie you that might bounce around a couple teams on waivers as people get hurt.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hey this is a silly question but when did they stop checking and hitting in the NHL. I haven't watched a game since the owners broke the union back in 2004-05 lockout. I guess that's 20 years huh. Seems like things have changed

Started shortly after the lockout as rules were changed to allow for more skating and making the big, slow dmen that existed only to crush forwards who dared enter their zone obsolete as they just became pilons that couldn't reach people to hit without being to grab people to slow them down. Which also sped up the extinction of the heavyweight fighters as sending them out on the ice with faster guys that could skate circles around them and actually do things with the puck became a bad idea.

But the big change was probably around the summer of death when like 5 youngish enforcers all died of CTE related suicides and/or ODs within a couple months and people started to realize elbowing and punching people in the head might be fun to watch, but we should probably stop doing that. It wasn't an overnight change, but that's around where things started shifting.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m too much of a homer to weigh in on whether it was or wasn’t, I’ll let others litigate that. I just hope Nick gets to go home to his family with no permanent damage.

To me it looked like the guy slipped and then inadvertently crashed into him and it wasn't intended to play out like that but also that still feels like something else needs called on it because goddamn, his neck

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Im too much of a homer to weigh in on whether it was or wasnt, Ill let others litigate that. I just hope Nick gets to go home to his family with no permanent damage.

That's boarding. 5 + game minimum in every other league. I don't know why that's not been given.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good news

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

pseudodragon posted:

Even if he's physically capable, if the Leafs have to resort to playing their 4th goalie then it doesn't matter because all of Sammy/Woll/Jones have poo poo the bed catastrophically and/or are also dead so the series is already over.

At this point it seems like more of a favour to him to get a bit of practice time and maybe show teams he's healthy enough to toss a minimum contact at next year as like a third goalie you that might bounce around a couple teams on waivers as people get hurt.

Started shortly after the lockout as rules were changed to allow for more skating and making the big, slow dmen that existed only to crush forwards who dared enter their zone obsolete as they just became pilons that couldn't reach people to hit without being to grab people to slow them down. Which also sped up the extinction of the heavyweight fighters as sending them out on the ice with faster guys that could skate circles around them and actually do things with the puck became a bad idea.

But the big change was probably around the summer of death when like 5 youngish enforcers all died of CTE related suicides and/or ODs within a couple months and people started to realize elbowing and punching people in the head might be fun to watch, but we should probably stop doing that. It wasn't an overnight change, but that's around where things started shifting.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the answer

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

RBA Starblade posted:

To me it looked like the guy slipped and then inadvertently crashed into him and it wasn't intended to play out like that but also that still feels like something else needs called on it because goddamn, his neck

I was ready to believe this, but he extended his arms and drove the guy down into the boards. It's this:

Jhet posted:

That's boarding. 5 + game minimum in every other league. I don't know why that's not been given.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Eyssimont should have argued with the refs that it was boarding and he should go, would have saved him a Dowd rear end beating

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The NHL almost never calls boarding.

What they mostly call as boarding is actually its own penalty as checking from behind.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome, always loved Jensen.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/arizonacoyotes/status/1779258275374010493?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Need to pay off a couple Holiday Inn debts first and then, Coyotes fans, you will hear the truth

all that money and nobody could turn off caps lock in an official statement lol

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Dirty Burger posted:

they definitely shoulda given this guy 1.5 billion dollars in taxpayer money

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy the Stars won the central, thats cool

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Happy the Stars won the central, thats cool

Congrats! The prize is facing Vegas

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

big mean giraffe posted:

Awesome, always loved Jensen.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Matthews had like 4 legit chances to get his 70th

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

like there was any chance of anything else happening

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Until Matthews breaks either record, the Leafs' record for goals by a player in a season is 69 and most goals by a player in franchise history is Sundin at 420. Obligatory nice.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

I'm glad he's OK, but gently caress being treated only by team doctors. Get his rear end to an actual hospital surrounded by everything and everyone he might need.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Disastrous night for the Pens.

I thought going in that this is the game they could probably afford to lose but I was counting on getting some help from Tampa and/or Toronto. Now things look dire.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Canucks sweep the season series with the Oilers, outscoring them 21-7 in the process. The Canucks are also 1 point from clinching the Pacific

This has been a really weird season.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Five team race for playoffs spots with two games left, get the gently caress in.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

it is what it is.

I think even with all of the Knights IR Cheating and their 100 million dollar roster the Stars are the better team, but it's like 55/45 instead of the 60%+ chance I believe the Stars would have in a series against any other team in the conference :(

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 14, 2024

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I used to own a Trevor Linden jersey growing up, so Ill cheer for the Canucks in the playoffs and see where thatll take me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The metro shitshow rolls on!

Nothing schedule on Sunday.

Monday is:
Montreal @ Detroit
NYI @ NJ (I think the Islanders locked up 3rd yesterday)
Nashville @ Pittsburgh
Boston @ Washington (gently caress me!)

Tuesday:
Detroit @ Montreal
Washington @ Philadelphia

Wednesday:
Pittsburgh @ NYI

And that will decide your Metro, buckle up!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

As much as bringing Stone back will improve them, Vegas is 8th seed for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Jack's Flow posted:

I used to own a Trevor Linden jersey growing up, so Ill cheer for the Canucks in the playoffs and see where thatll take me.

:letsgo: