Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wins32767 posted:

Only the posts that weren’t yours.

No need for a day vig when words wound like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

wins32767 posted:

So, I read literally every post and I regret it.

Scum:
Cube
Monathin
PMuzz
PQ

I'd vote for any of them today.

Where did your PQ scum read come from? Seems like it was just tacked on to this list for no reason

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Cube is unlikely to be scum because he came up with the strategy of scumclaiming in the subsubgame, and was the scum there. No reason to do that as real scum.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Cube is unlikely to be scum because he came up with the strategy of scumclaiming in the subsubgame, and was the scum there. No reason to do that as real scum.

Scum love these kinds of axioms that are supposedly clearing. "Why would scum ever do that? It just makes no sense whatsoever and there could be no underlying guile, put your mind at rest and be assured this person is definitely not scum!"

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

WIFOM!

But can you tell me more about the thought process he shared? Did it seem like he believed scum would get a boon? Ugh I hate having that content inaccessible to me cos Cube is my pet case of the day but I was just about to relook at things.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Oh boy I hope no one wastes their vig on that obviously vig proof player

If I had been there in real-time I would have vigged him for sure

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Dans

I’m off to make my allergies worse with a lovely walk.

Nothing Dans has done makes me think he cares about finding scum.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yes there is lol. For example, knowing that one or more subgame town are maingame scum.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The strategy is basically that a town victory on the subsibgame would grant all of them boons and its assimed there are more town than scum in that group. On the other hand a scum victory would only grant the boon to one person (cube) so it isn't as good, even if cube were guaranteed town.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote afqm

AFQM’s posting in and about the subgame is starting to make me suspect gambit.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

fool of sound posted:

Yes there is lol. For example, knowing that one or more subgame town are maingame scum.

Yeah, but he was the subgame scum! He doesn't get the boon now, which would not be good play for main game scum.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

fool of sound posted:

##vote afqm

AFQM’s posting in and about the subgame is starting to make me suspect gambit.

That's really dumb

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
You guys just gotta go be ~feels~ in the mini game.

Don’t math this one out. Hug it out :sun:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The strategy is basically that a town victory on the subsibgame would grant all of them boons and its assimed there are more town than scum in that group. On the other hand a scum victory would only grant the boon to one person (cube) so it isn't as good, even if cube were guaranteed town.

Except this isn’t a zero sum game for scum cube: their subgame town scumbud(s) would get boons, they would know which town players got boons, and cube would get town cred.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, but he was the subgame scum! He doesn't get the boon now, which would not be good play for main game scum.

It is if there are scum in the subgame town!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

If scum wins the subgame the players who were scum in that game get a boon regardless of their main game alignment. The question comes down to do you give more people a boon with the higher chance that scum get them along with more town getting them or do you limit the number of people who get them.

If this is an accurate description of how the sub game worked, and your sub game alignment was not necessarily your normal game alignment, isn't it possible that Scum could coordinate strategies for the sub game in their scum chat? There would be all types of opportunities for weird fuckery that I would imagine they would be eager to take advantage of.

For instance, isn't it possible Cube was both scum in the main game and the sub game, but their scummates were made town? It would make sense then for both cube to come up with the scum claim strategy in order to curry trust, while also benefacting their teammates boons without having to leave up the rewards to randomness.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Disclaimer I’m pmuch ignoring the possibility of TT, TF, Dominoes et al being scum cos k want to keep playing with them.

Though I have liked all their content game date from an effort standpoint. If I had to pick one as scum I’d say Tokes but I’m not sure why I think that. Like she said herself, I only really remember playing with her as scum. So it may just be ~bias~ ya know. Or call it a gut read.

I want to reread Voodoo vs Pmuzz but I’m not going to atm

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sure maybe it would be better to try and give less townspeople boons, but getting greedy is how you lose. Erroneously earning people's trust is a much more powerful and lasting benefit

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If this is an accurate description of how the sub game worked, and your sub game alignment was not necessarily your normal game alignment, isn't it possible that Scum could coordinate strategies for the sub game in their scum chat? There would be all types of opportunities for weird fuckery that I would imagine they would be eager to take advantage of.

For instance, isn't it possible Cube was both scum in the main game and the sub game, but their scummates were made town? It would make sense then for both cube to come up with the scum claim strategy in order to curry trust, while also benefacting their teammates boons without having to leave up the rewards to randomness.

This is exactly what I’m saying. Additionally, if there’s even one scum in the subgame, the scum team knows exactly which town players are boons.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Be cool TPC... It's possible for fool to be agreeing with you because you're both right and both town... Nothing to worry about!!

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
There should be more town than scum in any randomly selected group of players. The more town players get boons, the better. Especially if it's something like bp

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess I should check discord once in a while if there's going to be prizes in there

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

yuming posted:

Disclaimer I’m pmuch ignoring the possibility of TT, TF, Dominoes et al being scum cos k want to keep playing with them.

Though I have liked all their content game date from an effort standpoint. If I had to pick one as scum I’d say Tokes but I’m not sure why I think that. Like she said herself, I only really remember playing with her as scum. So it may just be ~bias~ ya know. Or call it a gut read.

I want to reread Voodoo vs Pmuzz but I’m not going to atm

Sniff sniff... What is this sulfurous scent. Why it appears this post has gone bad

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

There should be more town than scum in any randomly selected group of players. The more town players get boons, the better. Especially if it's something like bp

This is pivoting away from the original conversation, which was if this clears cube. Mathematically no matter the configuration it was always going to be true that more town than scum would get boons.

This kind of reads like false Town patriotism where you say obvious things in order to behave "pro town"

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

wins32767 posted:

So, I read literally every post and I regret it.

Scum:
Cube
Monathin
PMuzz
PQ

I'd vote for any of them today.

This post is scummy af

Wins showed up, claimed to read every post the thread (lol) and ended up basically including all of the people with the most suspicion in their scum list. It feels fake. Wins quoted one post for every person on their list except PQ who is on the list for seemingly no reason. It reads like a scum trying to find the right balance of townies and scum in their scum team list.

I don’t like the interaction with voodoo either. But for now I am going ##vote wins

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

b-minus1 posted:

This post is scummy af

Wins showed up, claimed to read every post the thread (lol) and ended up basically including all of the people with the most suspicion in their scum list. It feels fake. Wins quoted one post for every person on their list except PQ who is on the list for seemingly no reason. It reads like a scum trying to find the right balance of townies and scum in their scum team list.

I don’t like the interaction with voodoo either. But for now I am going ##vote wins
Yea I agree with this take. It’s hard to come back to a thread like this as scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sniff sniff... What is this sulfurous scent. Why it appears this post has gone bad
Hey man we all need to recognized our biases so we can begin to expand our frame. :sparkles:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

If anything it would be super logical for a main scum and a subscum to perform the scum claiming strategy. Because yes, we can agree that if everyone's alignments mapped one-to-one on the sub game, nobody would just out and claim because then that would be used for obvious solving purposes. But, if you just so happen to be scum in both games while your teammates (or teammate idk) were made town, then there is the potential that if the game plays out normally, both of you will be killed and only town players will receive boons. Meanwhile if you cook up this scum claim strategy, you both earn trust and prevent the game from playing out normally, earning some scum mates boons while making yourself look good in the process.

It would be easy to pitch if the other sub-scum members were main game town too, because you could just sell it as being mathematically protown.

Overall you make the sub game low information, Curry some trust, and maybe get a suboptimal amount of boons but you also don't risk being revealed as coordinating in the sub game.

This is all to say, cubes behavior in the sub game does not make me think they are Towny. Quite honestly the opposite

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

yuming posted:

Hey man we all need to recognized our biases so we can begin to expand our frame. :sparkles:

If you rolled scum twice in two games, All I can say is, God I see what you do for others

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Except this isn’t a zero sum game for scum cube: their subgame town scumbud(s) would get boons, they would know which town players got boons, and cube would get town cred.

Oh, sorry to anybody who read my word salad after already reading this lol

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Read up, still feeling Monathin, but would also vote JoseF, lots of posts with a lot of spaghetti on the walls.

Not feeling cases on Dans, Cube, or zzyzx.

Am I to understand that in the sub-game of Mafia cube claimed scum? Was this to ensure that "boons" went to the most variety of people, or just to get the game over with? Sounds exhausting and I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

If you rolled scum twice in two games, All I can say is, God I see what you do for others
??? How do you mean.

What do you think of Dans?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

This post is scummy af

TBH you might be right, perhaps it was both the endorsement of the turbo that never happened, and the fact that we are sussing similar people made me willing to look past this

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

yuming posted:

??? How do you mean.

What do you think of Dans?

Because you were scum in the last Mafia game we played. I'm saying that were this the case I would be jealous, as I much prefer to play scum. I'm better at being willfully ignorant than investigating

I don't think much of them. At worst they are a lurker. Nothing about the content of their posts pings me though

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Tom Tucker posted:

Am I to understand that in the sub-game of Mafia cube claimed scum? Was this to ensure that "boons" went to the most variety of people, or just to get the game over with? Sounds exhausting and I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

You know this is also a reasonable explanation. I feel my tongue getting tied just trying to speculate about main game and sub game intersections

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The insistence of some people in this thread to vote Dans rather than wins, when for most of the game they've had the same volume of content, makes me think something is up. Perhaps it is time to look at Mona again...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cube would definitely claim just to end his third D1 as fast as possible regardless of alignment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The insistence of some people in this thread to vote Dans rather than wins, when for most of the game they've had the same volume of content, makes me think something is up. Perhaps it is time to look at Mona again...

There are 3 votes on dans, pretty low-level conspiracy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I figured you must be voting wins after this post, but no…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

But this was pretty funny!