Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
its gonna be beyond insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what's going to drive people insane is that the general zeitgeist thi in cspam this time around is going to be anti biden first pro trump second

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Insanity beyond measure outlander

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Insanity beyond measure outlander

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Trump is the funniest thing about any Trump presidency, nobody has actually made a funny joke about him

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

I can't imagine caring about this limpdick election cycle but that will simply make it funnier.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Son of Sorrow posted:

I can't imagine caring about this limpdick election cycle but that will simply make it funnier.

oh it's not because I care about it

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
https://twitter.com/comedyblissopt1/status/1613723333698244609

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Son of Sorrow posted:

There's something to this imo. Obviously Dokapon is a mid poster in a vacuum, can't make a good thread to save his life, etc. but posting is a group activity. The environment and interactions within necessarily set the conditions for each individual poster's success or failure by the riff opportunities being created. This is how garbage posters make garbage threads which produce more garbage posters, and vice versa. It's a biome where some organisms add energy and variation and others are unfunny parasites. The mods in this analogy are dumping benzene into the environment, killing off the additive posters and then being confused when things get boring and unpleasant.

Yeah, I think to put it simply the era of Trolls has passed by. People got banned or got bored and stopped posting so things settled down Think it was Smythe who said these eras go in cycles and right now we're in the era of megathreads and good vibes. The days of playing are largely over, until they aren't anymore imo. Kind of a fail thing to post about but I do agree things feel a bit different. Who knows maybe people are doing crazy poo poo in the succ thread or pop culture or some other thread I barely read

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

I'm normal btw

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lumpentroll posted:

let’s overthrow iran

For every iran you overthrow, I will establish two

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

plenty of stupid bullshit still happens in cspam you just need to read the right threads

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

just last week there was the trump thread guy who openly admitted to lusting after 17 year olds and his probe reason opened with "setting aside the 17 year old lust,"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

al saqr got banned and was back and posting again by the time someone made a qcs thread calling for blood over it

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Posting is definitely still happening. Just saw a badass kys post because someone didn't like a podcast. Trolltriots are in control

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DaysBefore posted:

Posting is definitely still happening. Just saw a badass kys post because someone didn't like a podcast. Trolltriots are in control

which podcast

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Buck Wildman posted:

just last week there was the trump thread guy who openly admitted to lusting after 17 year olds and his probe reason opened with "setting aside the 17 year old lust,"

User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

and of course there was the photoshop of a guy in his covid suit made to look like mega man and that thread thought it heralded the apocalypse. this was after the discussion over how he should have shot the cheese and crackers guy at Costco for cracking wise about it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

life is good, don't lose heart

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

which podcast

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Son of Sorrow posted:

There's something to this imo. Obviously Dokapon is a mid poster in a vacuum, can't make a good thread to save his life, etc. but posting is a group activity. The environment and interactions within necessarily set the conditions for each individual poster's success or failure by the riff opportunities being created. This is how garbage posters make garbage threads which produce more garbage posters, and vice versa. It's a biome where some organisms add energy and variation and others are unfunny parasites. The mods in this analogy are dumping benzene into the environment, killing off the additive posters and then being confused when things get boring and unpleasant.

thats right, kill all the mods

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

todd howard broke him

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mr Hootington posted:

The rape enthusiasts discord is abuzz.

why are you on that discord hoot

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

life is good, don't lose heart

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

deep cover mission for the vg thread. disturbing amount of overlap with the fortnite community

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the codex retardis calls this tactic... six hour probation

it's cringe to quote yr own book

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ram dass in hell posted:

It's been the best way to image host and link to the forums ever since Imgur cut off access to the AwfulApp

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lpzie posted:

im being serious. what's preventing us from returning to the 90s? seems easy enough from my pov .

smartphones. can't put that genie back in the bottle unfortunately lpz

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

definitely skill issue

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

pener has been pretty ftw the past few days

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

ram dass in hell posted:

Jeffrey repeating Operation PartyPlaneJones

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

DaysBefore posted:

Jeffrey repeating Operation PartyPlaneJones

Jeff getting increasingly angry as he realizes it is just pictures being reposted to the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004