Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

In Yakuza 0, some of the minigames catch me off-guard the first time I try them, so I have to try them a couple times to get the hang of them. Nothing in this game makes me not want to touch them again quite like having a wind-up and wind-down cutscene before each attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I got a retrotink 4k and the remote that came with it also operates my air conditioner :cry:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

the_steve posted:

No, but there was that entire chapter dedicated to one of the dirt farmers who kept saying "Looks like a good harvest this season." and then walking into a wall.

Game of thrones would be improved if the new book had someone just open the console and cheat.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Game of thrones would be improved if the new book had someone just open the console and cheat.

Continuity errors being explained by someone installing additional mods.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Nexus promoted mod: Starbucks Everywhere

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Be careful what you wish for, down this path lie long, detailed descriptions of dragon dicks.

Then again, we might be getting that either way, so :shrug:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nuebot posted:

It's going to be hilarious if he ever does finish the books, because you know he's going to finish off the Stark line just to troll the fans of the show.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nuebot posted:

doesn't the kid who got pushed out a window essentially do that?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Bro should have used no clip

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Going back to Sons of the Forest after it hit 1.0 and man I would love to be able to engage with all this cool basebuilding without being ambushed by horrid goblins and the Ever-Brilliant Goldmask every two minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can understand limiting fast travel in Dragon's Dogma 2 but I think they might have gone too far. Like how there are apparently only two permanent fast travel crystals and they're in Vernworth, which makes sense, and Harve Village, which doesn't because it is so close to Vernworth. Every single town doesn't need one but would it have been too much to put one in Bakbattahl?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AFK Journey’s installer plays the game’s music at full volume while downloading and decompressing data. This would not be a problem except the full download and decompress take some time and you basically can’t do anything else without the game’s music playing over the top of whatever you’re doing (unless you mute your whole system.)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Maxwell Lord posted:

AFK Journey’s installer plays the game’s music at full volume while downloading and decompressing data. This would not be a problem except the full download and decompress take some time and you basically can’t do anything else without the game’s music playing over the top of whatever you’re doing (unless you mute your whole system.)

there are some games that keep downloading in the background, and it's hosed up this isnt ALL games

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Meowywitch posted:

there are some games that keep downloading in the background, and it's hosed up this isnt ALL games

You can take a lesser download and it'll slowly get the rest but I decided on full install like a sucker

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

If you think about it most open world adventure type of games owe a lot to SOTC.

Just compare it to games like BOTW, Witcher 3, Horizon, Tsushima etc.

i like how ive beaten SoTC a few times and yet some forests or canyons in that game make me lost and loop back. like graphics and map design thats several gens behind but somehow I get lost.
im not sure what secret sauce the game does that makes this happen to me (and apparently others going from an LP thread title)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In Stardew Valley you can build these huts that have some spirit creatures harvest your crops. There are a handful of annoying restrictions though, the biggest one being that they cannot harvest if its raining. And my god, I'm positive the game is coded to have rain happen when your crops are ready to harvest.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

muscles like this! posted:

I can understand limiting fast travel in Dragon's Dogma 2 but I think they might have gone too far. Like how there are apparently only two permanent fast travel crystals and they're in Vernworth, which makes sense, and Harve Village, which doesn't because it is so close to Vernworth. Every single town doesn't need one but would it have been too much to put one in Bakbattahl?

Technically it's pretty easy to get to bakbattahl, you just need to take a couple oxe carts from Vernworth.

That said, yeah I don't know why they even bothered putting down permanent fast travel points if they aren't even going to put one in the second biggest city of the game.

My thing dragging down DD2 is that at some point the thief master ability scrolls absolutely disappeared for me and there is no way to know why or where they could've possibly ended up (not in the scrap shop, not in storage, not in pawn inventory) and it's infuriating how there's no way to remedy this, considering they're the only ones I need and now the only solution is ng+, hurray.

Oh also how often griffins and dragons will simply fly away from a fight just as I'm about to beat them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Can't you use the system volume mixer to mute that program?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Morpheus posted:

My thing dragging down DD2 is that at some point the thief master ability scrolls absolutely disappeared for me and there is no way to know why or where they could've possibly ended up (not in the scrap shop, not in storage, not in pawn inventory) and it's infuriating how there's no way to remedy this, considering they're the only ones I need and now the only solution is ng+, hurray.

Was there any reason you didn't just use them immediately? Like it sucks that you lost and can't recover them, but they also shouldn't be in your inventory for more than 15 seconds.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Xenoblade Definitive Edition: this is a real good port in terms of QoL, but something that was jank back then and is still jank now is that in this open world game where a big part of the fun is combing through open environments the movement speed is juust barely slow enough to be obnoxious, which I think they knew since you can use not-materia to upgrade it. Which is itself obnoxious!

Edit: or remake to be more precise, they probably just straight up reconstructed the game using the Wii version as a framework

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hel posted:

Was there any reason you didn't just use them immediately? Like it sucks that you lost and can't recover them, but they also shouldn't be in your inventory for more than 15 seconds.

You can’t use them if neither you nor your pawn are the right class.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Last Celebration posted:

Edit: or remake to be more precise, they probably just straight up reconstructed the game using the Wii version as a framework

It's hard to tell the difference between remake and remaster when the developers aren't clear about it (and doubly so when people don't understand they actually have definitions, it's not just 'enough changes make it a remake'), but Xenoblade Definitive Edition is specifically a remake, it's ground-up rebuilt in Xenoblade 2's engine.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

The Lone Badger posted:

You can’t use them if neither you nor your pawn are the right class.

I only needed the class unlocked, not currently in use.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Hel posted:

I only needed the class unlocked, not currently in use.

If you or your pawn have not equipped the class yet (but don't need it currently in use), then you can't use the scroll.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Bussamove posted:

Going back to Sons of the Forest after it hit 1.0 and man I would love to be able to engage with all this cool basebuilding without being ambushed by horrid goblins and the Ever-Brilliant Goldmask every two minutes.

isn't there an option for sort of a chill mode? I thought I saw it when briefly playing EA a while back

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man why did the PS2 era think subtitles weren't important

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Len posted:

Man why did the PS2 era think subtitles weren't important

Games weren't woke back then

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You know, out of all the stock world/dungeon themes, I think an underappreciated power player is 'Meat'. The part set inside of a big weird beast, with a bunch of organic parts. They're usually at least pretty decent, and I think a strength is that they're underused, I've never hit the Meat Dungeon and been bored by it.

...until just now with Grandia 2, where three of the four final dungeons are just slightly different permutations of Meat Dungeons. that's too many Meat Dungeons, I'm bored of weird sphincter doors now!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At least it's not a meat circus. :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cleretic posted:

You know, out of all the stock world/dungeon themes, I think an underappreciated power player is 'Meat'. The part set inside of a big weird beast, with a bunch of organic parts. They're usually at least pretty decent, and I think a strength is that they're underused, I've never hit the Meat Dungeon and been bored by it.

...until just now with Grandia 2, where three of the four final dungeons are just slightly different permutations of Meat Dungeons. that's too many Meat Dungeons, I'm bored of weird sphincter doors now!

Have you played How Fish Is Made?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Oh also how often griffins and dragons will simply fly away from a fight just as I'm about to beat them.

If you bring a fire spells or spellbooks, burning a griffin's wings will prevent it from flying away. You have to trigger the "On Fire" status effect, which is pretty obvious once its procs.

Frustratingly, there is not an equivalent trick for drakes. Drakes are just assholes sometimes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

If you want to experience the peak of Meat play Sunder MAP07 "Pale Monument" for Doom 2. It may not look like Meat unless you're familiar with the textures already, but oh boy is it the meatiest.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm playing Wizardry 8 for the first time and am mostly really enjoying the game, but as I approach what I assume is the endgame and enemy packs get up to the max size of 9 + fighting multiple max enemy squads the fights are taking longer and longer. I can't imagine playing without a mod to speed up enemy movement because even with that on I can get up and go grab a drink or use the bathroom some rounds of combat before they're over. Not a great feeling to dread combat in a game that's 90% combat.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

haldolium posted:

isn't there an option for sort of a chill mode? I thought I saw it when briefly playing EA a while back

There’s a peaceful mode with no mutants at all, but that’s not quite what I’m going for— I want enemies, but after the first few days the amount of raids on any base you put down gets insane. It really incentivizes being nomadic and using your bottomless pockets over any sort of base building, which is real dumb when all those fun tools are there.

Unless they put in a mode where the mutants don’t raid constantly, I admit I didn’t look too closely and I’m not the one hosting so I don’t get to see all the options.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Bussamove posted:

There’s a peaceful mode with no mutants at all, but that’s not quite what I’m going for— I want enemies, but after the first few days the amount of raids on any base you put down gets insane. It really incentivizes being nomadic and using your bottomless pockets over any sort of base building, which is real dumb when all those fun tools are there.

Unless they put in a mode where the mutants don’t raid constantly, I admit I didn’t look too closely and I’m not the one hosting so I don’t get to see all the options.

give the 3-legged girl a gun
and another gun (she can use the shotgun and pistol at the same time, due to having 3 arms)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ilmucche posted:

doesn't the kid who got pushed out a window essentially do that?

idk, in the show he uses his magical hax to give hodor brain damage and turn him into hodor. But I don't think he's actually done anything with them in the books except creep on people.

muscles like this! posted:

It makes me laugh, a lot, the more I play the game. You should be able to take the one away from harve and just give them all the middle finger as you leave to put it somewhere else.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr E posted:

I'm playing Wizardry 8 for the first time and am mostly really enjoying the game, but as I approach what I assume is the endgame and enemy packs get up to the max size of 9 + fighting multiple max enemy squads the fights are taking longer and longer. I can't imagine playing without a mod to speed up enemy movement because even with that on I can get up and go grab a drink or use the bathroom some rounds of combat before they're over. Not a great feeling to dread combat in a game that's 90% combat.

There's one particular battle, like the penultimate one or something, that took me forty minutes because of all the monsters, and also everyone had that canned-summon-monster thing. So like eight of us, plus eight summoned monsters, fighting an army, who also is summoning monsters. It really made it feel epic as gently caress though.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
This isn't really dragging the game down but i was watching someone play age of water. And the artist clearly has a type. Not necessarily a bad thing but it kept distracting

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ZeusCannon posted:

This isn't really dragging the game down but i was watching someone play age of water. And the artist clearly has a type. Not necessarily a bad thing but it kept distracting

Is there anything in this post that conveys any information whatsoever to somebody who hasn't just played through the entire game already? Like, what are you actually trying to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Breetai posted:

Is there anything in this post that conveys any information whatsoever to somebody who hasn't just played through the entire game already? Like, what are you actually trying to say?

also not having played the game, I'm guessing there are many sexualized characters who are sexualized in the same very specific way.