Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

posting ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Al-Saqr, is your av Cem Karaca?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Who are they trying to convinc3 lol

This poo poo is so stupid

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

OctaMurk posted:

liberals on the fence over genocide, most Zionists want to see Al-Asqa bombed

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do all F35 need US code to fly like some kind of EA game? Can Biden say no to Israel using F35 to attack Iran? Or the distance betweem Israel and Iran is too long for the F35?

Israel is the only foreign country that got F-35s that don't need those codes.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
lol israel is cooked. what losers

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

OctaMurk posted:

Sometimes lies aren't about changing minds so much as giving grasping hands something to cling onto

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

OctaMurk posted:

People who already agree with them

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Big "you wouldnt download a car" energy

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Someone who knows the numbers can probably figure out the cost of the attack vs the cost of the interception, then weigh against the production/stockpile capacity of the respective parties- Israel can outspend Iran for sure, but if Iran's attacks are cheaper as well as having a higher manufacturing/replacement rate for missiles then any kind of tit-for-tat will ultimately be "unsustainable" for Israel. I saw a tweet saying the defense cost the US $1B- which of course, doesn't actually matter, they'll defend no matter what the cost- but I'm curious as to the physical limits to Israel's defense and what that will trigger. If Iran doesn't escalate beyond additional similar attacks on air and military targets with minimal casualties, downplayed by both the US and Israel as this one was, then there isn't any compelling justification for Israel to go nuclear. I can however picture them bulldozing the Rock and daring off any would-be attackers with the threat of nukes as a combination Mission Accomplished/gently caress you when they finally do reach the end limits of conventional offense

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
why are any of you using youtube in such a way that you see ads

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cassian of Imola posted:

why are any of you using youtube in such a way that you see ads

this
adblockers have been a part of the standard internet browsing kit for more than a decade

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

This might as well be Iranian propaganda for how effective it is at riling up Muslims and Arabs' support of Iran

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

MasterSitsu posted:

Every youtube video for the last 15+ hours is serving me this ad, which went up kinda ridiculously fast.

Edit: scooped by seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbeiytWwITo

mossad had what two weeks ro make it after bombing the embassy

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
revanced ftw, I get no ads!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

guidoanselmi posted:

Al-Saqr, is your av Cem Karaca?

its harry dubois from disco elysium

im not familiar at all with Cem Karaca.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmm well its hard to argue against such a convincing video! i now love the glory of zion!

when do i get my own Zaku 2?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

BearsBearsBears posted:

Israel is the only foreign country that got F-35s that don't need those codes.

lol I forgot about that!

Israel got access to the backend of the avionics stuff, and was able to opt out of the LockMark DRM.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Al-Saqr posted:

turkish singer. they have a striking resemblance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QwkB28QuKk

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

Probably burgerfied diasporans need talking points with white liberals

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

imagine being so stupid as a country to buy warplanes that requires you to need another country to give you the CD-key every time you use it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If Israeli military officials knew to a better than average confidence certain Iranian missiles were going to impact on Al-Aqsa Mosque you cannot convince me they'd order interception and waste what to them would be a golden opportunity.

Al-Saqr posted:

imagine being so stupid as a country to buy warplanes that requires you to need another country to give you the CD-key every time you use it.

"Why didn't you scramble fighters?"

"We lost the code wheel and the weird prism glasses."

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

poo poo I lost the play disc for my war machine

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love the comments on that youtube propaganda ad. Nobody is buying their poo poo. lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
dont worry this bad boy has a built in code wheel

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A lot of old DRM systems would let you play for a while then challenge you, or challenge you intermittently. Lockheed should have gone that route and if you can't find the 3rd word in the 2nd paragraph on page 127 of the manual mid-sortee it activates the egress system.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i would buy an f-35 if i could also buy a cheap Cessna that was blasting this music to keep the planes flying

https://youtu.be/I8gUyMLyAMU?si=wCrqcH6JrXLKRApG

https://youtu.be/XtCW-axRJV8?si=6eEqx7dH9fZqd4lj

https://youtu.be/Hkw7l8IgM4g?si=chiFfxw9ZpZTsCo2

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Israel purchased the F-35 on GOG. Everyone else has Denuvo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Vomik posted:

I’ll concede Israel has unique classification among the west of their military structure/deaths if that’s the extent to which you made that comment about western censorship

lumpentroll posted:

posting ftw

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Tankbuster posted:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Someone who knows the numbers can probably figure out the cost of the attack vs the cost of the interception, then weigh against the production/stockpile capacity of the respective parties- Israel can outspend Iran for sure, but if Iran's attacks are cheaper as well as having a higher manufacturing/replacement rate for missiles then any kind of tit-for-tat will ultimately be "unsustainable" for Israel. I saw a tweet saying the defense cost the US $1B- which of course, doesn't actually matter, they'll defend no matter what the cost- but I'm curious as to the physical limits to Israel's defense and what that will trigger. If Iran doesn't escalate beyond additional similar attacks on air and military targets with minimal casualties, downplayed by both the US and Israel as this one was, then there isn't any compelling justification for Israel to go nuclear. I can however picture them bulldozing the Rock and daring off any would-be attackers with the threat of nukes as a combination Mission Accomplished/gently caress you when they finally do reach the end limits of conventional offense

the cost ratio is absurdly on the side of iran, by one, maybe even two orders of magnitude.

cost is just a proxy for manufacturing capability in war terms, though. the US can spend $5bil on 100 interceptor missiles a year starting in 8 years (projected), and the real terms of that money is nothing. while iran spending $30m on 1,000 low tech drones a year is actually impactful. israel is backed by the decaying neoliberal power structure that has already emptied its reserves propping up ukraine in a proxy war. i dunno how much domestic manufacturing israel has, but i'm the big question a lot of people are asking today is how many of yesterday's attacks could they actually defend against? how much time would it take to refill the supplies used in one night? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? the money cost was absurdly high, but the time and manufacturing capability is the real bottle neck, because you can not launch money into the air to stop drones.

also, just typing that out, $30m for 1,000 cheap drones. iran could neutralize the whole loving us navy fleet for pennies on the dollar, lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tankbuster posted:

lol

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I think you'll find that its actually Detective Raphael Ambrosius Costeau in your AV. No idea who this 'Harry' person is.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Whoa Michael Rappaport is in the Fallout show and no poo poo he plays an ethno-fascist.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Grem posted:

Whoa Michael Rappaport is in the Fallout show and no poo poo he plays an ethno-fascist.

Ya perfect casting for a coward

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Grem posted:

Yeah I hate to see him getting real work but at least it's a cameo as a fascist dipshit coward who dies a dog's death.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah I hate to see him getting real work but at least it's a cameo as a fascist dipshit coward who dies a dog's death.

x-posting

I don't know what we're supposed to think of Maximus, because they use the language of knighthood, and the questing knight, but rather than having a complex relationship with knightly virtue and chastity, like say Lancelot, who is unable to attain the Grail because of his relationship with Elaine, Maximus doesn't know what erections and ejaculation are? We see someone beating off in one of the first shots of the (coed) barracks too. His best friend is a woman. How does Maximus interact with sex and the World (with a capital "W"?)

It could be an in-universe thing, where even the Brotherhood is confused about the meaning of knighthood and chivalry, appropriating them as an aesthetic to provide belief and belonging, a superficial implementation that lacks cohesive force as an ideology, but we see them practice complex rituals, anointment, use of censers, and progression from, novitiate, aspirant, square, to knighthood.

Well, obviously, even among the chaste members of the militaris ordo, people were very much aware of sex, because there's no virtue in chastity if it comes from ignorance rather than innocence. More practically, for a society to reproduce it literally needs to reproduce. Among military orders, and among the SJs, OPs, etc. there was, and is, a mix of ordained and unordained, consecrated and lay. In Jesuit missions, the majority of people were members of the laity, who may or may not have been celibate. More to the point, raising animals for sustenance, one very quickly learns about the birds and the bees.

This is neither here nor there. Is Maximus virtuous? Or even neutral?

In T.H. White, we see the gradation between knights "of the world", knights who are virtuous, and that the one knight who is truly pure in his chastity, appears, and is, inhuman as a result:

T.H OaFK posted:

Lancelot said: "Please understand. It is Galahad and the others who were allowed the Grail. I was not allowed it. So it will be wrong and you will hurt me, if you make a fuss about it. How many of the knights got back?"

"Half," said Arthur. "We have heard their stories."

"I expect you know more about it than I do."

"We only know that the homicides and those who didn't confess were turned back; and you say that Galahad, Bors, and Percivale were allowed. I am told that Galahad and Percivale were virgins; and Bors, although he was not quite a virgin, turned out to be a first-class theologian. I suppose Bors passed for his dogma, and Percivale for his innocence. I know hardly anything about Galahad, except that everybody dislikes him."

"Dislikes him?"

"They complain about his being inhuman."

Lancelot considered his cup.

"He is inhuman," he said at last. "But why should he be human? Are angels supposed to be human?"

"I don't quite follow."

"Do you think that if the Archangel Michael were to come here this minute, he would say: 'What charming weather we are having today! Won't you have a glass of whisky?'"

"I suppose not."

"Arthur, you mustn't feel that I am rude when I say this. You must remember that I have been away in strange and desert places, sometimes quite alone, sometimes in a boat with nobody but God and the whistling sea. Do you know, since I have been back with people, I have felt I was going mad? Not from the sea, but from the people. All my gains are slipping away, with the people round me. A lot of the things which you and Jenny say, even, seem to me to be needless: strange noises: empty. You know what I mean. 'How are you?'—'Do sit down.'—'What nice weather we are having!' What does it matter? People talk far too much. Where I have been, and where Galahad is, it is a waste of time to have 'manners.' Manners are only needed between people, to keep their empty affairs in working order. Manners makyth man, you know, not God. So you can understand how Galahad may have seemed inhuman, and mannerless, and so on, to the people who were buzzing and clacking about him. He was far away in his spirit, living on desert islands, in silence, with eternity."

"I see."

"Please don't think me rude to say these things. I am trying to explain a feeling. If you had ever been to Patrick's Purgatory, you would know what I mean. People seem ridiculous when you come out."

"I see exactly. I understand about Galahad too."

"He was a lovely person really. I spent a long time in a boat with him, and I know. But this did not mean that we always had to be offering each other the best seat in the boat."

"It was my worldly knights who disliked him most. I see. However, we are waiting to hear your story, Lance, not Galahad's."

"Yes, Lance; tell us how you got on, and leave out about the angels."

"As I was never allowed to meet any angels," said Sir Lancelot with a smile, "it's the best thing I can do."

Maximus is no Galahad, it's safe to say. I don't know what we're supposed to make of him, since his characterization, in my opinion, is all over the place.

I will say, the casting of Michael Rapaport as the Unworthy Knight, even if it was not based on study of the conventions of chanson de geste or roman de chevalerie was perfect. Not because I think he was acting well, but because, from what we have learned since October 7, he was not.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Grem posted:

No acting required.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hadji murad posted:

eat poo poo Israel

HallelujahLee posted:

It’s time for the thread to fill out the Iran apology form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Would it have been advisable for Iran to do this without the elaborate telegraphing, or would it be so dangerous it wouldn't be worth it?

Based on that tweet about military strategy, Iran may have telegraphed so hard because they wanted the attack to be intercepted. Iran now knows the location and capabilities of all the Israeli and US anti air assets in the region. They know which gulf states will try to intercept and which ones would be successful. They know which air base the Israeli version of air Force one resides at and how long it takes to scramble. They know how many drones it takes to overwhelm the air defences. Basically Iran now knows everything it needs to launch a "real" attack, and any damage incurred this time may just be extra.