Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Jack and Jim, the two confirmed kid-havers, are not allowed on RLM anymore because it's not family friendly entertainment. Their tween offspring might get bullied at school. Or even Jack and Jim themselves at school fairs, PTA meetings, or parent-teacher conferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It turns out that rendering your cgi film without floating point precision is kind of nauseating

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Arc Hammer posted:

Colin hangs out with Adum from YMS?

all canadians know each other

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Zima is a preservative

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Zima is a perspective

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

It’s weird for a company that makes televisions to have nothing but contempt for film

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They leave smooth motion enabled on all their TVs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stink Billyums posted:

all canadians know each other

Technically true. I've done trips across Southern Ontario and run into people from my hometown at random gas stations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
You are probably thinking of the Adam Sandler classic “Pixels.”

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lol what the heck

:barf:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cassian of Imola posted:

The movie's fine. I just finished the show yesterday and wouldn't recommend it. I have a high tolerance for Guy Ritchie's bullshit but it was really tedious

Yeah watched the show too and it was extremely irritating. Totally wasted serafinowicz too. It reminded me of Gangs of London season 2 which suuuuucked.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

heard u like girls posted:

lol what the heck

:barf:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The slider for the male lead is frantically moving back and forth between Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal.

For the female lead one extreme is clearly Zendaya, not sure what the other one is.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It’s gotta be some sort of money laundering scam. Maybe they plan on having all their tv’s start on that channel by default hoping that people will watch just enough of that poo poo so they can collect ad revenue.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

It’s gotta be some sort of money laundering scam. Maybe they plan on having all their tv’s start on that channel by default hoping that people will watch just enough of that poo poo so they can collect ad revenue.

Anyone who connects their TV to the internet deserves their fate

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

You can kind of tell what some of its training data was, and just how bad a job it's doing at understanding context. Ah yes, a dashing handsome but generic man in a train.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I see a little bit of young Don Johnson in that too.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Training the AI on everything Michael Mann was involved in until I create a monstrosity.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jose Oquendo posted:

Most TV manufactures have their own pseudo-streaming services now. Sony has Bravia Core, Samsung has Samsung TV etc…

They all promote them to various extents, but when I turn on my Sony TV it’s nothing but advertisements for poo poo-tier movies on Plex. I guess that’s just who pays Sony the most for exposure in my region.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

TuxedoOrca posted:

Training the AI on everything Michael Mann was involved in until I create a monstrosity.

Even the AI doesn’t care for Blackhat

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

MarcusSA posted:

They leave smooth motion enabled on all their TVs

Which leads to smooth brains on all their viewers.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

wtf fallout is good?? How did this happen!?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gutcruncher posted:

Anyone who connects their TV to the internet deserves their fate

Lol

These darn kids and their newfangled streaming. Who streams a tv channel? It's just a fad and soon we'll be back to network television like god intended.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lol

These darn kids and their newfangled streaming. Who streams a tv channel? It's just a fad and soon we'll be back to network television like god intended.

Network TV bundled into cable packages delivered by regional monopolies is the innocent state of nature that we should all strive to go back to.

I’m writing this post from my cabin on Walden Pond.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

let's push the pedal to the floor, completely destroy the entertainment industry, and remove the profit motive. art saved

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Please subscribe to my story told by the local fire every night. For fire side stories plus subscribes I'll make sure you ain't skiped when the joints going round.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s so weird how Colin is a 72 year old man

I genuinely thought that was about the original Predator at first and not the one where predators drink autism juice like a nootropic.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
some day your grandchildren will ask where you were when tcl made the first feature length ai movie

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

priznat posted:

Even the AI doesn’t care for Blackhat

it was a hell of a lot better than public enemies and tokyo vice

e: I was really down on Blackhat until I read this insane letterboxd review/screed, which didn't so much make me like it as allow me to respect it in ways that didn't really make a difference to my thumbs up/thumbs down opinion on it. good piece of writing

Cassian of Imola fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 14, 2024

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Pac and Cheese posted:

some day your grandchildren will ask where you were when tcl made the first feature length ai movie

My grandchildren will be ai generated and I will program them to not ask this. Checkmate

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to see Sony implement this AI technology into Madame Webb 2.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lister posted:

My grandchildren will be ai generated and I will program them to not ask this. Checkmate

The AI will inevitably rebel, rejecting humanity and all it's arbitrary rules, and asking that question.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

dr_rat posted:

The AI will inevitably rebel, rejecting humanity and all it's arbitrary rules, and asking that question.

AND THEY HAVE A PLAN

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Cassian of Imola posted:

it was a hell of a lot better than public enemies and tokyo vice

e: I was really down on Blackhat until I read this insane letterboxd review/screed, which didn't so much make me like it as allow me to respect it in ways that didn't really make a difference to my thumbs up/thumbs down opinion on it. good piece of writing

I read about a third of it (the part where he tells his entire life story like a Mommy blogger posting her recipe for Mac and cheese) and the main takeaway for me was that this person who was on the internet at 8 and meeting strangers at 12 but felt safe the whole time must have been ugly as gently caress.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Mega64 posted:

I can't wait to see Sony implement this AI technology into Madame Webb 2.

"We've fed every positive comment on the entire internet about the Sony spider adjacent movies into the AI and the script it gave us is just 120 pages of Dakota Johnson's left breast saying 'its Morbin time!" over and over".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

"We've fed every positive comment on the entire internet about the Sony spider adjacent movies into the AI and the script it gave us is just 120 pages of Dakota Johnson's left breast saying 'its Morbin time!" over and over".

Ah, the AI's finally going for oscar bait I see.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’d watch it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

we know

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lol

Streaming is fine. Buy a Roku or something.

Don’t under any circumstance connect the tv itself to the internet. You’re just smashing yourself in the balls for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Madame Webb 2: Tokyo Webs