Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Not super pleased with how my character looks in the benchmark, but it's also not the worst.

Yeah I didn't like how it made my cat's skin look after the change, but I was thinking of going Au Ra anyway, and oh man does that look great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
On further thought, I think it's really just that I don't have glasses in the benchmark.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

For some reason I couldn't get the benchmark to import my character data from my FFXIV install (yes I clicked Load Character Data), also for some reason :mad: when I made an approximation of my character I couldn't put a forehead tattoo on my forehead piercing.

That said,

https://youtu.be/WE3d2GHBuvQ?t=8

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

On further thought, I think it's really just that I don't have glasses in the benchmark.

Yeah it's always weird seeing my character without her glasses. Those dalamud red Artisan's Spectacles have basically been the permanent glamour for that slot and I hope they survive the transition to glasses being given their own slot. :ohdear:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Failboattootoot posted:

:emptyquote:

I am very glad people are ending up with the catgirls of their dreams

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Yeah it's always weird seeing my character without her glasses. Those dalamud red Artisan's Spectacles have basically been the permanent glamour for that slot and I hope they survive the transition to glasses being given their own slot. :ohdear:

Glasses wearer since 2013 reporting in

On the one hand I still wonder how that transition's gonna work, OTOH I am going to be extremely happy to finally be able to wear hats

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SpaceDrake posted:

:emptyquote:

I am very glad people are ending up with the catgirls of their dreams

Glasses wearer since 2013 reporting in

On the one hand I still wonder how that transition's gonna work, OTOH I am going to be extremely happy to finally be able to wear hats

I wish I were a bit more certain on what job I was going to be playing for DT so I could be spending this time farming up cool hats. But I don't want to farm a bunch of maiming hats only to end up a viper or sam main in DT.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, its loving with me so much.

I don't think she's enjoying it either. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fiddly threat mechanics question. Usually when I'm tanking and another tank gets aggro it seems to set me quite a bit behind them (or more likely, requires them to be ahead of me a certain amount before switching) and I have difficulty catching back up without doing so on purpose. But I just had a Crown of the Immaculate where halfway through phase 2, me solidly tanking the whole time, the other tank suddenly got aggro and it kept constantly ping-ponging between us with no change to my routine. Like, we were getting alternate auto-attacks it was switching so quickly. I wound up throwing a few Unmends to get enough ahead of the guy that healers wouldn't have to guess, but I can't recall seeing something like that before.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

EW

DT

Ouch my bnnuy boy got a bit downgraded in skin tone and his face looks a bit off now :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alder posted:

EW

DT

Ouch my bnnuy boy got a bit downgraded in skin tone and his face looks a bit off now :v:

that's because one of those has fairly significant reshading, whereas the other does not

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I see Krile finished the Loporrit tribe questline.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Fiddly threat mechanics question. Usually when I'm tanking and another tank gets aggro it seems to set me quite a bit behind them (or more likely, requires them to be ahead of me a certain amount before switching) and I have difficulty catching back up without doing so on purpose. But I just had a Crown of the Immaculate where halfway through phase 2, me solidly tanking the whole time, the other tank suddenly got aggro and it kept constantly ping-ponging between us with no change to my routine. Like, we were getting alternate auto-attacks it was switching so quickly. I wound up throwing a few Unmends to get enough ahead of the guy that healers wouldn't have to guess, but I can't recall seeing something like that before.

provoke sets the player at the current highest enmity + a (smallish) bonus. if two tanks are just dps racing with their stances on then if they're close enough you get the constantly alternating agro like in your second example. iirc that fight resets agro at the phase transition so unless the ot turns their stance back off for a bit it's really easy to accidentally start agro fighting

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oneiros posted:

provoke sets the player at the current highest enmity + a (smallish) bonus. if two tanks are just dps racing with their stances on then if they're close enough you get the constantly alternating agro like in your second example. iirc that fight resets agro at the phase transition so unless the ot turns their stance back off for a bit it's really easy to accidentally start agro fighting

That's probably it, then. Probably just that usually other folks are either far enough below or above my threat that once they get up there they stay up there, and we were weirdly in sync depending on whenever particular spike attacks landed.

The other tank ignored a stack marker that wound up killing both healers and a DPS though, so I'm gonna call him a scrub anyway. I got to Living Dead a tankbuster before the fight ended!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

found my original screenshot from the ShB benchmark to compare

pretty good :thumbsup:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Benchmark gives me around 17k at Maximum, 21k if I turn DLSS on always but in exchange the AA gets wrecked god, the ending screen looks much worse.

...honestly, more worrying is that the benchmark gives me a similar problem I had occasionally where after running my PC will freeze, which I'm starting to think it's linked to my graphics card cause I remember Elden Ring and other intensive games having the issue of my PC freezing shortly after closing the game.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

something is broken with the dlss that's messing up the ending screen

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I get Fairly High which is good enough for me.

I am also tempted to fantasia to Hrothgal but I think my name would not work...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

For some reason I couldn't get the benchmark to import my character data from my FFXIV install (yes I clicked Load Character Data), also for some reason :mad: when I made an approximation of my character I couldn't put a forehead tattoo on my forehead piercing.
I can’t troubleshoot too hard but I have had that problem when trying to import to the old Heavensward demo and it turned out it was an incompatible haircut (that didn’t exist at the time), if that might be a possibility.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't think I like how much more striking the face stripes are on my mooncat, hm

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FINAL FANTASY XIV: I get Fairly High

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

quote:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail Benchmark
Tested on: 4/14/2024 12:16:51
Score: 10220
Average Frame Rate: 71.40823
Minimum Frame Rate: 43
Performance: High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 0.489 sec
Scene #2 2.431 sec
Scene #3 3.158 sec
Scene #4 3.27 sec
Scene #5 1.779 sec
Total Loading Time 11.127 sec

Looking good.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i don't have an active subscription currently, and i just realized my character files are out of date, is there a way to import my actual character and not just the most recent appearance saved to slots 01-09?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You'd need to be able to log in to save your current character appearance.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Just noticed that they added the combat voices to the voice selection in the character creator. loving finally. Don't have to look up videos on youtube or go beat on ladybugs with the all of the sound except voices turned off to test what the voices sound like

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Where are my fangs, YoshiP?

WHERE?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Itzena posted:

Where are my fangs, YoshiP?

WHERE?

drat that score. Trying out Maximum with the only adjustment being DLSS always on on 1440p gives me 21866.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Running the benchmark on some alts.

Avelyn Tinygoon is looking a lot better than the current game.

Spaghettio Bloodymary is the one that got the real glow up, and the gag with the eyes still works.

Just-in-case anyone else is curious: the Dawntrail benchmark runs like butts on an M1 Macbook Air at maximum settings.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

drat that score. Trying out Maximum with the only adjustment being DLSS always on on 1440p gives me 21866.
My PC is approximately two weeks old. My previous one was twelve years old almost to the day. :v:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's a surprisingly big jump between 1080p and 1440p, score-wise in general.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

lol I have no idea how my initial score was 17222 with the defaults. After playing around with things and even hitting default again, low 15000s is the best it'll pull. Still pretty solid at least.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Itzena posted:

My PC is approximately two weeks old. My previous one was twelve years old almost to the day. :v:

Well congrats on the upgrade! Mine was 2 years ago after hearing the graphics update (and I was dumb and bought a 1440p monitor, even if in practice I love the wider space for stuff).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Default settings, with my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

I have a new PSU and an RTX 3060 I need to install before DT launches...

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

3080 here as well and it's odd that we have the same score with me running a 2017 CPU. But yeah, we'll be fine. Honestly, other than character models, I couldn't really notice any big changes.

Figured it out, I have the main game fps capped at 72 through the NVIDIA control panel and it was applying the cap to the benchmark application too.

3080 & 5800X3D, 11277 with the FPS cap turned off

Ran it again with no undervolting and actually scored 100 less

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Joe Chip posted:

For anyone running Linux (not Steam Deck) the creator of DXVK updated their benchmark launcher for the Dawntrail benchmark. Available here: https://github.com/doitsujin/ffxiv-benchmark-launcher. It needs a bit of fiddling and some things aren't 100% there but it does work, including DLSS. I need to mess around a bit with the DXVK settings because I got noticeable frame drops when a lot of new shaders had to be translated and compiled, e.g. at the beginning of the big battle scene.

I expect performance to be better on release once the XIVLauncher team does their magic with Wine and DXVK.

Is there any sort of explanation? I got the python launcher to open up but even then there's still no explanation outside of "point this at files" and basically presets.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

twiddled a few settings (why the hell wasn't nvidia DLSS on? why did it default to my CPU?) and just barely scraped over the 10,000 line on otherwise maximum settings, but I still feel like there's something I'm missing in getting better numbers out of this hardware.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
How nice! The one thing I hoped the new update would fix seems fixed. My character no longer blinks so hard her eyelashes pass though the top of her cheek and out the other side. I also noticed the black mage's stick has a flappy tassel and the dancer's outfit has an unusual number of accent colors. I hope this signals that the design team is getting bolder with their use of color and tassels on existing weapons will get flappy now too.

It's the small things that excite me.

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 14, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Let's gooooooooooo!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Okay, who do I gotta kill or blow or pay gil to for the manatee pet?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Hell yeah let's go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

my benchmark gave me bolf ramshield