Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Tom Tucker posted:

So we have:

Voodoo - posted "4"
AFQM - posted "100000"
Cube - posted "Probably like a 7, but a 10 on the D1's where I get voted out or shot."
shark - presumably wouldn't have to respond but did, posted "personally i'd be at about a 7 i'd say"
FoS - did not directly cite a number, but did post a numeral 1 in response "i hate day 1 so much that I've run multiple games experimenting with how to make it suck less lol "
JoseV - posted "6.9"
JoseF - posted "69420"

So in every event each person who got in, in direct response to the question, posted a response which included a number. This was either an actual number (in all but FoS's case) and in FoS's case, the response did have a number in it.

But none of the people who were "assigned" numbers got in.

shark to Dominoes: "i am impressed that you made two posts without actually giving a number i'm assigning you an 8"
shark to Tom Tucker: "your number has already been assigned, citizen. You Have No Choice"

To be fair several people responded with numerals but were not included: yuming, hambeet, Tokes, zzyzx, TPC, etc.

I find it suspicious that shark kept insisting on people responding in numerical form, and in the end, only people who responded with a numeral in their response were included, the people "assigned" numbers weren't. This makes me suspect shark is in fact lying about the criteria to get in, and did not "veto" me, required a numeral as part of the role, and used the survey to give scum cover to get into the minigame to get bonuses.

If it's a town role then why all the insistence on replying in numerical value? And if there is no need to actually reply with a numeral, then it's an awful coincidence that everyone who got into the minigame did so.

Not sure about this. Thoughts? Seems awfully convenient.

I’m pretty neutral on shark as far as an alignment call, but I doubt he is lying about how the numbers was just an arbitrary thing he made up to pick people.

I’d have done something similar like make everyone rank coen brothers movies or their favorite albums of the 2010s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

im pretty sure this got said earlier in the thread, but i picked afqm/fos/cube because they hated day 1, jose/stalin for the meme number, and voodoofly arbitrarily/as the wildcard

fos was one of my assigned numbers, i assigned him a 9

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tom Tucker posted:

Also I like this point - sitting on a joke vote is the kind of thing scum would do day 1 if one of the vote leaders is scum and they don't want to be seen either pushing town hard or voting for their scumbuddy too early.

Who do you think is scum in those vote leaders, aside from yours truly? It doesn't seem to me like we have a heavy vote lead anywhere, so I find this point a bit of a stretch - Stalin has lead the votes with 4, but one of those is a jokephase vote who hasn't switch (Opop), one is an anonymous doublevote, and two are from players who aren't checking in at all.

I could maybe see it if you think they're trying to protect Dominoes, who Pussy has given a very light cover of.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also btw there is precedent for me using my assigned powers to set up a sweepstakes in thread mostly for my own amusement day 1

i did that in leftist mafia too with my show trial power

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm catching up now, but might not be able to complete that until later tonight, but I'll post some thoughts along the way

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Okay caught up! Thoughts:

-tbh I'm super flattered that Token Female and Dominoes said I did scumhunting in the Periodic game because I thought I was doing really good in that one but then getting vigged by a fellow town made me feel super guilty and like self conscious and I was like "oh no was I just Yes Anding Humalong the whole time and not actually helping"

I don't give insincere compliments. You played well and hunted scum in that game. The vig in that game shot you over a person who had an anti-town result from a cop. I think we can just generously conclude that the vig might not have been closely following the game. Don't take it personally.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Oh! And I forgot to say in my big post but Tokes, me "townclearing" Dominoes was meant as like a tongue in cheek joke. Sorry for the confusion :)

That's a shame because it's really the only place where you've made a stand on anything up to this point. I'll keep reading.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Token Female posted:

I'm catching up now, but might not be able to complete that until later tonight, but I'll post some thoughts along the way

I don't give insincere compliments. You played well and hunted scum in that game. The vig in that game shot you over a person who had an anti-town result from a cop. I think we can just generously conclude that the vig might not have been closely following the game. Don't take it personally.

That's a shame because it's really the only place where you've made a stand on anything up to this point. I'll keep reading.

This makes me feel like I just ate a big can of spinach ❤️❤️❤️

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i do think its pretty funnny that ive made tom tucker so paranoid about something i did entirely on a whim that meant basically nothing though

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Monathin posted:

Who do you think is scum in those vote leaders, aside from yours truly? It doesn't seem to me like we have a heavy vote lead anywhere, so I find this point a bit of a stretch - Stalin has lead the votes with 4, but one of those is a jokephase vote who hasn't switch (Opop), one is an anonymous doublevote, and two are from players who aren't checking in at all.

I could maybe see it if you think they're trying to protect Dominoes, who Pussy has given a very light cover of.

Monathin this is the second time you've poked me to comment on other vote leaders. I already did so earlier, and beyond that it's not my job to comment on every single vote leader and the cases on them. Suggesting I do so once, when I already had, raised my eyebrow, but doing so again now, when I've been one of the key voices pushing for your execution, is right into scummy misdirection territory, especially as it happens right when I was theorizing about shark again, which probably made the iron seem hot to distract me.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Voodoofly posted:

Also I don’t think anyone said it but no reason to hide it:

Sharks thingy made a seven(?) person masonry where we are playing a sub game of mafia and there is a reward or something to the team that wins

Also it sounds like there is either a second masonry mafia game or a sub-sub mafia game or something as well with some of the same players. I’m in the first not the second

Figure it’s best if everyone knows

Ugh, gross. This does not spark joy.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

btw tom's still definitely town. i absolutely believe that he believes what he's saying

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

im cool w voting dominoes and wins currently and probably also dans although i need to reevaluate. i think i skipped over some of his posts unless i have him mixed up with sandwolf

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Dominoes posted:

Players I quoted: What do you think of the alignments of Tom Tucker, Monathin, Token Female, lih and zzyzx?

You have all posted a reasonable amount in this thread, but nothing of substance. I don't think this is a scum tell because it's day one, but the players I'm asking you to look at have all made substantive posts (cases, defenses, alignment-related content) that could be used to ascertain alignment, or at least comment on. I recognize that I currently fit in y'all's category as well, so I owe you that too...

I think this post is really weird. I think normally when you do a lurker callout or a few-takes call out usually it's done to have people looking at the people that have been cased, not the people who are making cases.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm not in any of the sub games or the masonry and I couldn't be happier.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I think Shark and Cube are town.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

update: i did not skip over any dans posts. it was all sandwolf

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yuming posted:

Hey man we all need to recognized our biases so we can begin to expand our frame. :sparkles:

hey! i'm just big boned.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

This post is scummy af

Wins showed up, claimed to read every post the thread (lol) and ended up basically including all of the people with the most suspicion in their scum list. It feels fake. Wins quoted one post for every person on their list except PQ who is on the list for seemingly no reason. It reads like a scum trying to find the right balance of townies and scum in their scum team list.

I don’t like the interaction with voodoo either. But for now I am going ##vote wins

hmmmmm this is the binus i remember

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm excited for whatever swerve we're gonna do in 25 hours from now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tom Tucker posted:

Monathin this is the second time you've poked me to comment on other vote leaders. I already did so earlier, and beyond that it's not my job to comment on every single vote leader and the cases on them. Suggesting I do so once, when I already had, raised my eyebrow, but doing so again now, when I've been one of the key voices pushing for your execution, is right into scummy misdirection territory, especially as it happens right when I was theorizing about shark again, which probably made the iron seem hot to distract me.

I am pushing you to comment on other vote leaders because, in your own words, the play there is to sit on a joke vote to stall out a vote on a scumbud.

Unless you have an actual thought of who is the scumbud Pussy Quipped is attempting to stall for, this seems like useless white noise to me at best, and advocating for lih's case in their stead at worst, neither of which are good looks to me - lih is someone I already suspect because they've been very disengaged from the thread, only popping in before now to talk about the implications of the microgame, and then just now coming back to drop a vote on Pussy Quipped.

Show your evidence.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Perhaps I'm a little keen to make the people who most of the thread seems to agree are town show their work, because someone (not naming any names, but it could even be someone in this very thread!) spent all of my last game pocketing me so I wanna actually see you draw the connections you're so keen on inferring here.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Dans Macabre posted:

What masonry?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Hey voodoo,

Now that you've backed off PMuzz after focusing on them heavily, who do you think is scum now?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

fool of sound posted:

##vote afqm

AFQM’s posting in and about the subgame is starting to make me suspect gambit.

AFQM definitely pings me as scum the most out of the subgame. Not just the instantly buying and pushing for the "scum claim" strategy, but also immediately jumping to "the subgame scum must be main game scum because they didn't immediately scum claim"

It smells fishy

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If there was a something awful Mafia year book I would be voted "most likely to annoy serious players"

over my dead body

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

That's true. Also scum can just communicate in scum chat I'm realizing lol

lmao wtf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

lmao wtf

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Token Female posted:

I think this post is really weird. I think normally when you do a lurker callout or a few-takes call out usually it's done to have people looking at the people that have been cased, not the people who are making cases.
Valid. The post you quoted was before I did a deep dive, or had any suspicions; it was an attempt to make later classification easier. Not something that would make sense after Day one, or even now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Yuming I have desperately been asking folks for a catch-up of the last few pages and no one is giving me one. So I am operating off of where I was yesterday, which is pings off of PMuzz, Mona, cube

then just scroll back and read ffs. you'd have done so in the same amount of time it's taken you to randomly scream CATCH UP like a baby bird waiting to be fed.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Dans Macabre posted:

Reeeeally gonna need Dans to say what they are talking about here because it sure sounds like they know about a masonry and none have been mentioned in the thread. So how would they know about a masonry that they're not in?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress, time to bust out a golden oldie it seems.

blandwolf

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

This user is mod confirmed scum

they do look pretty suss ngl

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

Ok I've got like 20 minutes while my wife has our son at the store, who should I look at

i hope she got a good price!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Dans

What masonry Dans?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Token Female posted:

Hey voodoo,

Now that you've backed off PMuzz after focusing on them heavily, who do you think is scum now?

Not sure. Honestly I'm still swapping back and forth on what I think about Pmuzz and if deadline was today I'd throw my vote back on her most likely.

There are a few other people who have posts here and there that sort of pinged me but nothing major. It's also the weekend I doubt I'll really look at things again until I have my work commute or work avoidance routine tomorrow

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Idk like maybe it's just me being a dumb baby but I don't think about things like momentum and perception and qualifying that "yes of course I'll vote to avoid a no exe" unless I'm scum. As Town I just get the info and then vote who I think feels scummy (or trust other people's vibes). But vote momentum specifically feels like a scum thought

I say both as any alignment fwiw

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

What masonry?

yuming posted:

##vote Dans

What masonry Dans?

I might have just found my answer for you Tokes

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

It's time to test a speculative hypothesis.

Shark, Zzyzx, Monathin, YPM: What do you think of Josef's alignment? He's the current vote leader, has one of the higher post counts, and you have all had tangential interactions with him, but not in regards to his alignment, other than a joke vote from Dans.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

you have only interacted me in this game before this by suggesting my avatar looks like a constipated guy (which is still absolute nonsense)

if you're doing this by 'process of elimination' then wouldnt it be useful to post any of the opinions that led to that 'elimination'? if that's your justification you must have them, yes?

There is no process of elimination when you’re constipated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Idk like maybe it's just me being a dumb baby but I don't think about things like momentum and perception and qualifying that "yes of course I'll vote to avoid a no exe" unless I'm scum. As Town I just get the info and then vote who I think feels scummy (or trust other people's vibes). But vote momentum specifically feels like a scum thought

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I don't like to vote early when we have long days I like chatting for a while. I'm still talking though about who I would vote, just not voting and changing my mind a bunch

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Oh Monathin shouldve been on my list too that's also shortlist

I guess I don't think it'd lead to turbo, I just think momentum sort of makes people sit back more and just sort of jump on stuff and I'd rather keep talking, so that's why I like to wait to vote

I don't actually think contradictions in posts are scummy. I think they are just human.

So with that said why do you say you don't think about things like momentum and perception as town but you also have defended your playstyle this game as not wanting to build momentum by voting too early.