Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Appropriate given the thread’s subject matter 😔

what do you mean by this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It means he wants to watch some weird movie or an old boring cartoon

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what do you mean by this?

I’m sorry you had to hear it from me first

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They can Google it if they care so much. I hate seeing stickies!!!

that's fair. i will unstick the general chat thread for you.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

put every single thread in a head to head winner take all tournament, final thread standing is where we will discuss all wrestling & mma maximizing efficiency.

STING 64 posted:

that's fair. i will unstick the general chat thread for you.

dont punish all us. just sticky a bunch of other threads thatll piss him off.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 19, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
give me the book, brother

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

That DICK! posted:

put every single thread in a head to head winner take all tournament, final thread standing is where we will discuss all wrestling & mma maximizing efficiency.

dont punish all us. just sticky a bunch of other threads thatll piss him off.

Yes but we have to make it a Round-Robin tourney.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

On The Internet posted:

Yes but we have to make it a Round-Robin tourney.

As we proved with the continental classic, its impossible for wrestling fans to understand a round robin tournament. We never did find out why eddie kingston was wrestling himself.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
drat, the G1 must be extremely confusing for wrestling fans every time it happens.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 1, 2024

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Real wrestling fans don't watch the g1. They watch Cody Rhodes win the big one at WrestleMania

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gas the wwe general thread and ban anyone who makes a new one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Free Shard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Veto

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That’s a stupid idea

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gassing the thread is obviously not a real option, but I dunno, I feel like we're at the point where we can stop pretending the latest "just asking questions" guy is gonna suddenly straighten up and fly right.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

it'd be funny to delete it at page 999

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I'm all for removing the WWE thread, OBVIOUSLY, but some people want to talk about it UNFORTUNATELY, but maybe giving the gimmick poster a forum ban could be a good idea.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

neoaxd posted:

This is a good crab thought

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

neoaxd posted:

That's true.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Delete it on May 19th

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Have we tried making a WWE thread where you can only post about the shows in kayfabe? Have we tried that yet?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its all just so dang boring.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Gumball Gumption posted:

Have we tried making a WWE thread where you can only post about the shows in kayfabe? Have we tried that yet?

I don't think enough people watch WWE here to do that

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Just give the thread an ik

NienNunb for example (don’t free Shard)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

That DICK! posted:

And this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

(don’t free Shard)

:agreed: with both

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It was dumb as gently caress of me in the past when I ever let a post here make me IRL mad.

Don’t go in threads about poo poo you hate and make yourself a mark for trolling because if it’s that easy to piss you off you have to serious post about it of course there will be people who do it to laugh at you if setting you off is as easy as “I post about the thing the thread is about”. Who cares if it’s disingenuous, don’t look at it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

Just give the thread an ik

NienNunb for example (don’t free Shard)

I second this motion

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

why ban entire threads because of two or three shitheads when you can just ban the shitheads instead

I'm re-checking my notes but I think the math works out

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That DICK! posted:

You're right.

I just want to talk wrestling. I do think people should just, y'know, ignore uninteresting threads or posters and no-sell bad bits, and there's not enough Just Scrolling Faster, but I also understand the frustration boring posts can have on the end-user experience. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. People get away with easy trolling, it riles people up because most of us have some kind of posting ego, the cycle continues. It's all dull and sucks for everyone. I'll try to curtail it better.

I'm not gassing the WWE thread and I'm not going r/prowrestling and banning WWE talk because frankly that's stupid. I might remake it in the future with some guidelines in the OP, though, probably after this weekend since I have a wedding I'm going to.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The WWE thread could just be the 3 people who actually watch WWE but no one has the self-control to just let them sniff each other's farts. I promise that if everyone who didn't give a hoot about WWE stopped posting in the WWE thread it would fade away. I'm marking the WWE threads unread so I don't get tempted to wander back in there and see the same dumb rear end poo poo.

E. For example it's been a whole week since the "Weekly WWE" thread got a new post even though there have been 3 WWE shows since the last post.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 1, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think we should be able to continue to laugh about wwe in a thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

The WWE thread could just be the 3 people who actually watch WWE

MJeff posted:

surely the "WWE Weeklies/PPV Live Discussion: DDTs of Our Lives" thread neatly solves this entire issue and it won't be a dead unused husk within a couple weeks.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

we just learned the rock pisses in water bottles, where else are we supposed to post about that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm about to piss in the bottle known as "this online web forum" if you smell what I'm cooking

It's piss

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

no-sell bad bits

Maybe if people were punished by some kind of forum authority pushing the buttons that make them have to knock it the gently caress off they’d stop doing bad bits, just thinking out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Maybe if people were punished by some kind of forum authority pushing the buttons that make them have to knock it the gently caress off they’d stop doing bad bits, just thinking out loud

I mean, she can't be everywhere at once. She gets the reports and she probes the jerk, this time it took less than two hours.