Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

DaysBefore posted:

Todd cackling as he dips Tim Cain into FEV and turns him into a gibbering mass of flesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUuRNye3ozY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
really enjoying the trick that Viva New Vegas plays on you where once you've downloaded several dozen mods to finish the Bug Fixes section, it tells you to click on this link to an entirely separate page with yet more loving bug fix mods

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

all those happy eager newborn fans playing fallout 76 and losing all hope lol

Isn't 76 basically ok now?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sebmojo posted:

I've heard this, but I'm not interested enough to investigate

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buck Wildman posted:

I've heard this, but I'm not interested enough to investigate

I mean same, dgmw

It's weird because i loved 3 and new Vegas, but have played fallout 4 for ten minutes about five times and it just bores me now

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I have heard it's had a sort of evening out a la no man's sky

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

kenshi 2 is gonna be so good man

some day

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sebmojo posted:

its still bad but its not as broken

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Todd cackling as he dips Tim Cain into FEV and turns him into a gibbering mass of flesh

lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

1stGear posted:

really enjoying the trick that Viva New Vegas plays on you where once you've downloaded several dozen mods to finish the Bug Fixes section, it tells you to click on this link to an entirely separate page with yet more loving bug fix mods

I just checked a thread on the steam forums with like 5 basic bug fix mods and it works fine.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just checked a thread on the steam forums with like 5 basic bug fix mods and it works fine.

this mod guide promises it'll instantly make me trans so i'm really pulling for that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just download the unofficial bug fix mod every bethseda has

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sebmojo posted:

i think it's just bad in a boring way now rather than on fire and showing your credit card info to everyone

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DaysBefore posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Yinlock posted:

i think it's just bad in a boring way now rather than on fire and showing your credit card info to everyone

lol that time they had to recall the helmets that came with the game because of mold

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and the time before that they promised a cool knapsack with the game but then it turned out to be a cheap nylon bag they had to apologize for and hand out the real thing which compromised peoples credit card info

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and the time before that they promised a cool knapsack with the game but then it turned out to be a cheap nylon bag they had to apologize for and hand out the real thing which compromised peoples credit card info

Incredible

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I hope it was worth it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fallout 3's collectors edition came with a nuka cola bottle opener my family used for years, just stuck it on the fridge and grabbed it when needed

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

fallout 3's collectors edition came with a nuka cola bottle opener my family used for years, just stuck it on the fridge and grabbed it when needed

I saw a guy at the airport once who had a fallout branded rolling suitcase and I didn’t ask him whether he was an employee or a super fan or what and I still regret it a decade later

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one day it broke from use and my mother was like "where did we even get this" and I blew her mind when I said it was from a video game

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
FO76 is so much better than Starfield. 10 times out of 10 play Multiplayer Virginia Wasteland. It is a very pretty map, it is fully MMO paced with 5 distinct areas and a breadcrumb trail pointing you along the way. Your attention span required to engage with game number is satisfying for like the first couple of loops then it plateaus to endgame for 0 brain gaming. The photo mode is good and gameplay facilitates posing with randoms who roam the public quests. Poking into people's base is actually cool.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lasted for years probably the only worthwhile CE gewgaw I've ever gotten

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that time i preordered bioshock and it came with a big daddy figurine but it was broken in fact all of them were broken because they were shoddily made lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol that time they had to recall the helmets that came with the game because of mold

lol never heard that one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'd play 76 if it didn't expect you to engage with the terrible base building.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
BF1 Collectors came with a "statue" which was rough. Of course production samples are going to be better painted than final retail quality, but the massive differences in quality in the BF1 statue were particularly egregious.

One of the modern day MK games came with a Scorpion "statue" too, and that one was abysmal. Sub mexican knock-off action figure quality.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'd play 76 if it didn't expect you to engage with the terrible base building.
the controls for camp building are less jank than in fallout 4

the only problem is that if you pick a really good spot for your camp you better believe there's a better than even odds someone else thought of it too and thus you have no access to your camp unless you use the free base moving token, which gets more and more untenable as you put more crap in the camp unless if you did some wacky floating setup

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Beat Dragons Dogma 2, both the normal ending and the True ending.

Really loved the concept of the true ending, wish they'd done more with it, would've preferred 8-10 hours of content in the changed world rather than like, 3.

A few notes I made while finishing up on the true ending:

-Kinda dickish to make 50% of the special classes things you find on the volcanic island that accessing normally actively pushes you into the endgame.

-lmao at the existence of the elven town/area that you have absolutely no plot reason to ever go to in the course of the main game. I literally only realized it existed when the portcrystal opened up.

-I did the Sphinx's riddles, that was fun. The characterization, and especially the face, on the Sphinx was awesome. Kinda lovely you've got to kill her to get the eternal wakestone. I didn't do because it didnt feel like there was any way it would make sense.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the controls for camp building are less jank than in fallout 4

the only problem is that if you pick a really good spot for your camp you better believe there's a better than even odds someone else thought of it too and thus you have no access to your camp unless you use the free base moving token, which gets more and more untenable as you put more crap in the camp unless if you did some wacky floating setup

did they fix it from launch so that it doesn't hitch every 3 seconds?
Because adding netcode and a remote server validation to it is about the only thing I can imagine you could do to make the "creation engine" less performant and then they went and did it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

did they fix it from launch so that it doesn't hitch every 3 seconds?
Because adding netcode and a remote server validation to it is about the only thing I can imagine you could do to make the "creation engine" less performant and then they went and did it
the only hitches i got when i played last year were traversal stutter and japanese players spamming nukes in raids

e: ryzen 3900x, 2070 super, 64gb ddr4-3200, playing at 1440p in case that's relevant

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 02:14 on Apr 15, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Really loved the concept of the true ending, wish they'd done more with it, would've preferred 8-10 hours of content in the changed world rather than like, 3.

-Kinda dickish to make 50% of the special classes things you find on the volcanic island that accessing normally actively pushes you into the endgame.

-lmao at the existence of the elven town/area that you have absolutely no plot reason to ever go to in the course of the main game. I literally only realized it existed when the portcrystal opened up.

-I did the Sphinx's riddles, that was fun. The characterization, and especially the face, on the Sphinx was awesome. Kinda lovely you've got to kill her to get the eternal wakestone. I didn't do because it didnt feel like there was any way it would make sense.

Waiting for a sale to play that one.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I was worried about this too, but she doesn't actually die and even congratulates you and says she hopes to see you again someday.

I didn't even realize what the eternal wakestone was for until I beat the game and looked it up. lol I love that such a hostile mechanic is in the game.

I've been replaying Arx Fatalis for the first time in ages and it holds up pretty well, especially with the Arx Libertatis mod. Now I definitely see how much of it is "we have Ultima Underworld at home" which is cool because those games own.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the stated reason it was cheap nylon instead of cool fabric was that it was too expensive

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/marciopacheco07/status/1779590143034216776

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

BF1 Collectors came with a "statue" which was rough. Of course production samples are going to be better painted than final retail quality, but the massive differences in quality in the BF1 statue were particularly egregious.

One of the modern day MK games came with a Scorpion "statue" too, and that one was abysmal. Sub mexican knock-off action figure quality.

hahahaha

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the stated reason it was cheap nylon instead of cool fabric was that it was too expensive

they also gave influencers the real bags instead of nylon ones lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the release of fallout 76 was some of the best content to ever come out of modern gaming... and i didnt pay a dime for any of it

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there’s a sidequest in the main town that leads you to the elf village but it’s one of the very few quests in the game where you have to talk to the NPC to trigger it instead of them coming to you, so I walked right past the dude like 50 times without realizing he had a quest for me to do.