Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BearsBearsBears posted:

How soon should we expect satellite imagery of the hole to be available?

SplitSoul posted:

It was just released. Spoilered just in case.

:nms:

:goatsecx:                                                                                                                                       
:nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Cassian of Imola posted:

go ahead and explain why they'd fake a crater
ordering a few low-rank colonels to dig a hole for a few hours is tons faster and cheaper than finding a real crater and sending somebody wherever the hell that is and back to film it

i mean how is this even a question lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cassian of Imola posted:

go ahead and explain why they'd fake a crater

what are you expecting to see exactly? this is a fresh bomb crater in a field in Germany, for reference:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48746557

this is a crater in Gaza with uncharred palm trees nearby:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-airstrikes-gaza-city-leave-giant-crater-n136596

why do you think they'd fake a crater lmao

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The smoking shovel

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

No!! Thinking israel's lying makes you look dumb and credulous.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

ordering a few low-rank ranking colonels to dig a hole for a few hours is tons faster and cheaper than finding a real crater and sending somebody wherever the hell that is and back to film it

i mean how is this even a question lol
that crater doesn't look machine or hand dug and the fill dirt next to it isn't from the hole its not dry enough
if hundreds of things got shot at them there's gonna be plenty of craters
the telling thing to me is they're not showing off their untouched shiny hangars and planes or whatever the primary target was like they would if that random crater was actually all the damage

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The real debunker of the hole is it would require a private to dig and unfortunately the lowest rank in the base is Major General XIV

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The real debunker of the hole is it would require a private to dig and unfortunately the lowest rank in the base is Major General XIV

unironically lol that would take a minute for people to dig and make look remotely like a natural crater, no boot prints or shovel bites or tire marks
if the idf had people who dug holes like that they wouldn't be getting owned by tunnels rn

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Iran was aiming for the pile of dirt that was already there and they missed. Pathetic

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

FirstnameLastname posted:

that crater doesn't look machine or hand dug and the fill dirt next to it isn't from the hole its not dry enough
if hundreds of things got shot at them there's gonna be plenty of craters
the telling thing to me is they're not showing off their untouched shiny hangars and planes or whatever the primary target was like they would if that random crater was actually all the damage
gonna disagree with you there, im no crater expert but the hole has a neat little ridge of dirt lining the perimeter and no visible pattern of ejected earth splayed out to any side and a kind of funky asymmetry like I’d get digging a hole myself. also it’s in the middle of the desert so why would there be any significant coloration of the soil pile from moisture?

we’ll never know for sure I guess but they’re so goddamn lazy and have such a stellar record of lying about everything that I’d totally expect that some media flak who has no idea how to locate a real crater got the order to film a crater and the person just got a hole dug and filmed it

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
It's possible that this was a pre-existing hole that was then used for propaganda. I doubt they dug a special propaganda hole, although I guess that is possible. Here are some charts for explosions and the hole they make. I'm no good at eyeballing hole sizes so somebody else will have to.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
you want a hole? I can get you a hole, believe me. There are ways, dude, you don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a hole by 3 o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BearsBearsBears posted:

It's possible that this was a pre-existing hole that was then used for propaganda. I doubt they dug a special propaganda hole, although I guess that is possible. Here are some charts for explosions and the hole they make. I'm no good at eyeballing hole sizes so somebody else will have to.

im very good at eyeballing hole and i can confirm its a hole

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

like me and the boys will dig a hole at the beach and be like yeah thats a hole alright

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

gonna disagree with you there, im no crater expert but the hole has a neat little ridge of dirt lining the perimeter and no visible pattern of ejected earth splayed out to any side and a kind of funky asymmetry like I’d get digging a hole myself. also it’s in the middle of the desert so why would there be any significant coloration of the soil pile from moisture?

we’ll never know for sure I guess but they’re so goddamn lazy and have such a stellar record of lying about everything that I’d totally expect that some media flak who has no idea how to locate a real crater got the order to film a crater and the person just got a hole dug and filmed it

im saying the dirt piled up doesn't look like it's from that hole, it looks like it's from some onsite quarry not that ground, look at how lumpy with rock the ground is under the first 6in or so of topsoil, that pile would look exactly like the crater if it was dug from it the last stuff onto the pile would be the rockiest

theres asymmetrical ridging, you can tell the explosion was towards the camera position

there's no way to know for sure but there's no excavator track near the hole and machinery digs stuff out in rectangles - think of any construction site you've seen, even if someone's careful to dig out a circular shape it'll be clearly scraped out with rectangles which would mean people digging it out at least partially by hand with shovels and doing it cleanly without being lazy about everything, a thing the idf is less known for than anything i think it's just a hole from a real explosion

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 06:56 on Apr 15, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

guys the hole is obviously CGI they had weeks to prepare wake up

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

are you lot seriously discussing whether a hole in the ground is real

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Zodium posted:

are you lot seriously discussing whether a hole in the ground is real

yep

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't know why I bother reading the overnight posts

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just thought it was funny that dude was getting so wound up about hole denial

e] It's actually sad that Iran would blow up Israel's holes like that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just thought it was funny that dude was getting so wound up about hole denial

story of our lives

except mine obviously

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [P/I] wound up about hole denial

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israeli nazis use artillery and boat cannons to prevent people from returning to their homes

====

The occupation artillery and boats target displaced people in Al-Rasheed Street in Gaza

Al-Jazeera correspondent in the Gaza Strip said that the artillery of the Israeli occupation army and its warboats are firing on Al-Rasheed Street in the Gaza Strip to prevent displaced Palestinians from returning to their homes in Gaza City.

The Al-Jazeera correspondent had reported that two Palestinians were injured as a result of the Israeli occupation forces shooting on displaced people who tried to return to Gaza City via the Gaza Valley Bridge in the Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31604;&%231609;

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1779695147351179482

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

israel in the UN posting hole

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There's a Holeodomor where that came from.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

ensuring no hole is covered up

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Hole Denier is a pretty good username.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's a shame we let all sagas fuckos run off so many users, one of which was a loving forensic geologist.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

There's a Holeodomor where that came from.

Stalin ate all the holes.:smith:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Good Citizen posted:

im very good at eyeballing hole and i can confirm its a hole

I'm actually a Dr of hole studies who works for one of the biggest hole companies in the world heading their hole research division and while I can see why you would think that, to an expert it's pretty obviously a fake hole.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Weka posted:

I'm actually a Dr of hole studies who works for one of the biggest hole companies in the world heading their hole research division and while I can see why you would think that, to an expert it's pretty obviously a fake hole.

post/av combo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Majorian posted:

Stalin ate all the holes.:smith:

That's the origin of the bagel

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Weka posted:

ffffffuck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i know someone else who doubted a hole once in the hy land........

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that hole better be fake because ive already shared it everywhere

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I think analyzing this requires a more holistic approach

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Can't believe that you guys are still doing this poo poo hours later. Why? Who's forcing you to do this? Did nobody tell you that you can stop? You don't need to keep digging this hole

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Israel, dig up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hey mom its 420 posted:

I think analyzing this requires a more holistic approach

Look out, he’s gonna anal-ize your holes!