Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Sagebrush posted:

remembering the goon who took the "confirmed bachelor" perk for their character in fallout because he thought it meant being a cool no-commitments james bond esque player, who then became extremely upset when all the dude NPCs started hitting on him

I once overheard my grandmother ask my mom if I was a confirmed bachelor, which was fun years later when I learned what that meant. More recently she’s just told me to my face that I’m getting fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

chglcu posted:

I once overheard my grandmother ask my mom if I was a confirmed bachelor, which was fun years later when I learned what that meant. More recently she’s just told me to my face that I’m getting fat.

Confirmed fatchelor

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Sagebrush posted:

remembering the goon who took the "confirmed bachelor" perk for their character in fallout because he thought it meant being a cool no-commitments james bond esque player, who then became extremely upset when all the dude NPCs started hitting on him

Man, fallout new Vegas was so good. I wish they made a show about that game, rather than Fallout 3

The older I get the more I understand the no mutants allowed grognards

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

This guy apparently had no suspicion at all that the flamboyant vampire who kept calling him "darling" might be gay.

I thought all the companions in that game were bisexual.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They are.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Grognards also get really mad at the gay gnomes, the lesbian tieflings, the lesbian Selunite power couple...

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

tokin opposition posted:

Man, fallout new Vegas was so good. I wish they made a show about that game, rather than Fallout 3

The older I get the more I understand the no mutants allowed grognards

Second season looks like it probably will be based on NV tbf

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Grognards also get really mad at the gay gnomes, the lesbian tieflings, the lesbian Selunite power couple...

It's like:

The Right: They won't rest until all characters are at the very least pansexual!
The Left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixVyXdBz5V0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Flesh Forge posted:

The current approach to generative image and video generation makes no attempt to model anatomy or physics or really anything at all, it just reshuffles and spits out pixels from other 2d images/video it's been trained on. Imo it will never fully overcome this fundamental limitation, especially in motion. Bonus because current and future generations of these are being trained on the already wonky output of previous generations

The kind of person who can do even that minimum is already outside the target demographic

Yeah, the real funny thing is that AI shat where it ate, source-wise, and also has become indelibly associated with the worst kind of people, with the most toxic combination of greed, contempt for and ignorance of the creative process, and absolutely no aesthetic taste at all. For all the money and effort going into it, it hasn't become any less completely radioactive, and I don't think that's gonna change. Pretty sure a lot of big company AI projects are like the crypto and NFT ones, polite appeasement of shareholders and fidget toys for failkids while the grown-ups work on the poo poo people actually want.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sagebrush posted:

Link (requires archives access): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358074&pagenumber=210&perpage=40#post383908590

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nebrilos posted:

They are protagosexual

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Games Workshop started selling Warhammers but FOR GIRLS :rant:

lot of variations on this today

The best part of this was the official Warhammer account going "yeah canonically there always have been female Custards" and dozens of sweaty nerds going "Uh, source?! This book from the 80s mentions only men, so there!"

(the attempted community note tries to argue the same)

Guys, they make the game. The official lore is what they say it is. And 40k lore in particular always has been full of internal contradictions and rectons anyway. There are plenty examples in there of things and characters that didn't exist until one day they were stated to have always existed.

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 08:57 on Apr 15, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Taking a long sip of coffee and looking up the character in that person's avatar and name, who surely must be a man

Imagine a nerd forever furious that women aren't hot enough for their liking in their games, and also furious that fiction keeps adding women to them.

When the only consistent point they have is that 'Men are fine' you have to imagine they'd be happier being gay since they have a 4 mile long scroll of complaints about every woman they see.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Nebrilos posted:

Playersexual.

Which is its own can of worms even beyond the usual way game worlds are made to bend entirely around the player. Like, no NPC is going to reject the player because they just aren't into bears (they prefer twinks), and being nice to someone is how you guarantee the sex, and oh no :can:

Best not to think too hard about the implications. Game romance is a rabbit hole of implications.

Also, Larian's Baldur's Gate 3 is cleary a AAAA game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nebrilos posted:

Technically but, aside from (potentially) the protagonist, I think it's pretty clear that he's at least generally more into men than women. :shrug:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

Playersexual.

Which is its own can of worms even beyond the usual way game worlds are made to bend entirely around the player. Like, no NPC is going to reject the player because they just aren't into bears (they prefer twinks), and being nice to someone is how you guarantee the sex, and oh no :can:

Best not to think too hard about the implications. Game romance is a rabbit hole of implications.

You don't win them over to your twinkish ways, in that playthrough they have always been into twinks. On the next playthrough when you're a burly woman then they've always been into burly women, they're not resistant and fall for you despite it.

Being nice to someone is a really critical part of forming a relationship, I am nice to my wife, she is nice to me, we are nice to each other. I'm not sure we should be discouraging the idea of being nice to people is a good idea. Just in real life it's not linear progression like it is in a game.

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 09:42 on Apr 15, 2024

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Imagine a nerd forever furious that women aren't hot enough for their liking in their games, and also furious that fiction keeps adding women to them.

When the only consistent point they have is that 'Men are fine' you have to imagine they'd be happier being gay since they have a 4 mile long scroll of complaints about every woman they see.

Also, it's been many years since I last read any of the lore, but aren't the Custodes like, 9 foot tall Adonis god men? Why would they not want lady versions?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why anyone would call them playersexual except that they are video game characters and people aren't used to hanging out with many bi people I guess. They also often flirt with each other and some of them sleep with each other. Astarion expresses attraction to Karlach and Wyll, though he mentions almost exclusively men in his dating past. Like a normal bisexual guy who leans more toward men than women.

It's a DIFFERENT problem, people not being written as Perfect Bi causing everyone to say "well they're just bi because you're the protagonist!" even when there's evidence otherwise. :v: That's why there's some really stupid discourse about how Astarion is gay and writing him as bisexual is erasing his gayness or some poo poo.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I know this is shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to IosM content, but gently caress it:

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1779493732720545845

Describing the regime that was overthrown in 1979 as 'a flawed monarchy with democratic principles' is just too good not to post.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Regarde Aduck posted:

They are protagosexual

Probably a sensible design decision, otherwise every time you return to camp there would be a huge orgy going on.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i hate that i have seen this and now i will show it to you

for the non-australians, dude in the tattoo is a rapist (who thankfully lost his defamation trial today)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

fullerene posted:

Also, it's been many years since I last read any of the lore, but aren't the Custodes like, 9 foot tall Adonis god men? Why would they not want lady versions?

These idiots are at the point where they unironically consider the very concept of women to be woke. There's a whole great replacement conspiracy theory going around, except instead of the usual racist stuff it's dudes believing that women and the gays are about to push the poor beleaguered men out of their traditional hobbies.

e: This is also adjacent to another longer-running attempted culture war. The Space Marine faction has been more explicitly stated to be exclusively male, but people have been suggesting that maybe they should be changed to include women as well. Motivated in part because that worked out quite nicely in the sister product Age Of Sigmar where a faction that closely resembles Marines included women from the get-go. The usual suspects have been regularly melting down about the mere suggestion because... gently caress if I know, really. Just a weird mix of "girls have cooties" and "this setting/game enjoyed by millions of people actually belongs to me, personally".

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Apr 15, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is weird because bronies are/were a thing, clearly the subject matter is not an obstacle.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

OwlFancier posted:

Which is weird because bronies are/were a thing, clearly the subject matter is not an obstacle.

Well yeah, when I like a thing it's because it's a well written story with universal themes that just happens to have started with an IP aimed at girls.

When girls like a thing I like, it's because they're invading traditional hobby spaces and making demands like 'hey maybe we don't joke about rape and use slurs and tolerate Nazi Brian, who is just an outright fascist?' And they don't treat me like I'm the best because I know a fact from the 1985 codex and they don't pretend that they don't know how to play while I explain basic game knowledge and NO MOM THEY'RE THE ELITE FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM AND I'M NOT CLEANING THEM OFF THE FLOOR

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Perestroika posted:

The usual suspects have been regularly melting down about the mere suggestion because... gently caress if I know, really. Just a weird mix of "girls have cooties" and "this setting/game enjoyed by millions of people actually belongs to me, personally".

They're afraid of a woman who can punch their head into their ribcage for making lovely comments about her.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Try telling these people that women have been in their hobbies since the start. I well remember being creeped out in Games Workshops as a teenager and I'm old as gently caress.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

They're afraid of a woman who can punch their head into their ribcage for making lovely comments about her.

Whereas for those of refined taste this is a selling point.

Sororitas could definitely do that as well anyway, just with sheer angriness.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Related to WH40k dumbassery

https://twitter.com/CerberusXt/status/1779753259248345361?s=19

Imagine trying to gatekeep a community that you're not even a part of.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't know why anyone would call them playersexual except that they are video game characters and people aren't used to hanging out with many bi people I guess. They also often flirt with each other and some of them sleep with each other. Astarion expresses attraction to Karlach and Wyll, though he mentions almost exclusively men in his dating past. Like a normal bisexual guy who leans more toward men than women.

It's a DIFFERENT problem, people not being written as Perfect Bi causing everyone to say "well they're just bi because you're the protagonist!" even when there's evidence otherwise. :v: That's why there's some really stupid discourse about how Astarion is gay and writing him as bisexual is erasing his gayness or some poo poo.

Yea, the only way someone could think they are playersexual is if that person somehow blocked out every flirting inter-companion banter and conversation. Doesn't everyone but Wyll openly thirst for Karlach's beefy arms when you first find her?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

I know this is shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to IosM content, but gently caress it:

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1779493732720545845

Describing the regime that was overthrown in 1979 as 'a flawed monarchy with democratic principles' is just too good not to post.

What happened to her? I remember her being not terrible, relatively recently, but lately cant stop putting her foot in her mouth

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ambitious Spider posted:

What happened to her? I remember her being not terrible, relatively recently, but lately cant stop putting her foot in her mouth

she got democratitis

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Schubalts posted:

Yea, the only way someone could think they are playersexual is if that person somehow blocked out every flirting inter-companion banter and conversation. Doesn't everyone but Wyll openly thirst for Karlach's beefy arms when you first find her?

Shadowheart literally visibly loses herself for a second while going "She looks like she could throw me over her shoulder and carry me from danger with those arms..." when first encountering Karlach.

Karlach, meanwhile, has a fantasy about an MFF threesome (with a halfling and a goliath, at that) if you're playing as her. Calling visibly bi/pan characters "playersexual" is willful ignorance/deliberate bi erasure at a certain point.

Polaron has a new favorite as of 13:31 on Apr 15, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh good, are we dipping back into "fascism and monarchy are ok as long as they're not Islamic theocracy"? How I loved the ideological unity we enjoyed left and right post-9/11

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Ambitious Spider posted:

She tried to spin the Gamergate sympathy into a political career and got terminal Dunning-Kruger out of it. Notably, she accuses the first person to point out that she's oblivious to America's involvement in Iranian politics as just being all about 'America bad', then doesn't respond to anyone bringing up stuff like Operation Ajax, which she completely left out of her 'analysis'. It's literally just 'women were allowed to walk around in short skirts, then the Islamic revolution happened, now everything is terrible'.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
she always sucked, she just happened to be the harassment target of some extremely lovely people. she was never not a piece of poo poo though

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What flawed democracy hasn’t had its own secret police that did extrajudicial killings? I dare say none

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Data Graham posted:

Oh good, are we dipping back into "fascism and monarchy are ok as long as they're not Islamic theocracy"? How I loved the ideological unity we enjoyed left and right post-9/11

?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flesh Forge posted:

she always sucked, she just happened to be the harassment target of some extremely lovely people. she was never not a piece of poo poo though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm being sarcastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Was she the one who was talking about satalite-launched iron bars as being basically radiationless nukes?