Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
is this the pihole thread? I've found it to be an excellent way of blocking ads on a local network setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
It is the unfortunate nature of goons that when they see a hole, they have to keep digging

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Oh so only khamas can dig holes now???

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
what a shithole

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Valleyant posted:

Oh so only khamas can dig holes now???

https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1779259303121113446

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Just wait till they refill the hole... Post already in the chamber, everyone is going to love it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo germany has outright banned yanis varoufakis from entering the country over his stance on gaza, are EU countries allowed to violate freedom of travel for EU citizens?

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31605;&%231606;

Yes

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

VROOM VROOM posted:

you want a hole? I can get you a hole, believe me. There are ways, dude, you don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a hole by 3 o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Lol at Germans and their instinct to be on the wrong side of history

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Smdh, goons driving this hole joke into the ground

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Zodium posted:

are you lot seriously discussing whether a hole in the ground is real

Hole-gate isn't going away

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
It is the holey land

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
holy poo poo stop

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Valleyant posted:

holey land

, Batman!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Lol at Germans and their instinct to be on the wrong side of history

Their instincts failed them in the Cold War so extreme measures had to be taken to not break the streak

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

The german interior ministry is indicating that it may have to walk back the ban, since it's facially illegal in multiple ways, but they accomplished their goal: use state violence to shut down the Palestinian Congress under threat of massive (il)legal consequences

DiEM25 Press Release and narrative of how it played out

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's not exactly news. israel dug itself a hole when it started bombing hospitals

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
This is my hole, it was made for me by Iranians!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zodium posted:

are you lot seriously discussing whether a hole in the ground is real

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

So does Israel. of all places, not have some fortified presidential command-center nuke fallout bunker? They just go to the house of some fuckin rich dude and use his bunker?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

post COVID posted:

adhering to the rules-based international order while still bombing Israel

even better, they were within international law to retaliate!

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

text editor posted:

So does Israel. of all places, not have some fortified presidential command-center nuke fallout bunker? They just go to the house of some fuckin rich dude and use his bunker?

harder to bring your sex trafficking party to the former

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Whole lot of dumb posts.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BearsBearsBears posted:

It's possible that this was a pre-existing hole that was then used for propaganda. I doubt they dug a special propaganda hole, although I guess that is possible. Here are some charts for explosions and the hole they make. I'm no good at eyeballing hole sizes so somebody else will have to.

lmao thank you for the charts

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

VROOM VROOM posted:

you want a hole? I can get you a hole, believe me. There are ways, dude, you don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a hole by 3 o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

It was just released. Spoilered just in case.

:nms:

:goatsecx:                                                                                                                                       
:nms:

goddamn I knew it

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I'm going down the hole rabbit hole

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Just wait till they refill the hole... Post already in the chamber, everyone is going to love it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

No! No!!!!!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
there’s a hole in my heart that can only be filled by Iran

Iran hearted

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
And Iran, Iran so far away
Iran all night and day
I couldn't get away

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Digging up holes and filling them up again

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo germany has outright banned yanis varoufakis from entering the country over his stance on gaza, are EU countries allowed to violate freedom of travel for EU citizens?

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31605;&%231606;

You see, the Germans have this thing where they say "Die Sicherheit Israels ist deutsche Staatsräson", "Israel's security is German reason of state". Germany has been repeating that mantra (recently by Scholz) since 2008 when it was coined by Merkel, on the occasion of the 40-years anniversary of the founding of Israel.

When we look at the definition of reason of state a dictionary describes it as: "a motive for governmental action based on alleged needs or requirements of a political state regardless of possible transgressions of the rights or the moral codes of individual persons"

After Oct. 7th Israel has become completely unhinged and is in full rabid dog mode. And since the Germans are too cowardly to change their Staatsräson, which now only serves to support a cabal of genocidal freaks, they instead respond in the only way they know. Namely with suppression, media control and police violence. You gotta imagine how crazy a state will become when it's topmost policy, that has priority over rights like individual freedom and security, is called into question. And German politicians refuse to face that reality.

...(or maybe they just don't want to openly admit that they hate Arabs, love genocide and live vicariously through Israel).

I live in that small, racist, backwater country south of Germany. And even here cracks have begun to appear in the desired narrative over the last months. Like an army colonel, who is a popular military analyst, stating that Iran's response was soft (as in calculated and symbolic) and talking about the erosion of US military power over the last 2 decades. And this is not on some obscure Youtube channels but on the largest news station. Unthinkable in Germany.

Hammerstein has issued a correction as of 10:26 on Apr 15, 2024

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Holeodomor

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world...post_type=share

Moron posted:

“It was a terrifying [night], the children didn’t sleep all night, they came to our bed, slept with us,” 41-year-old Moran says. “We have the most powerful army in the world, and we believe it will be okay. I wish we would attack, but we can’t because of the US.”

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zodium posted:

don't know why I bother reading the overnight posts

How many reports were there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

we have the most powerful army in the world - the us army

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

How many reports were there

An unholey amount. :razz:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Hammerstein posted:

You see, the Germans have this thing where they say "Die Sicherheit Israels ist deutsche Staatsräson", "Israel's security is German reason of state". Germany has been repeating that mantra (recently by Scholz) since 2008 when it was coined by Merkel, on the occasion of the 40-years anniversary of the founding of Israel.

When we look at the definition of reason of state a dictionary describes it as: "a motive for governmental action based on alleged needs or requirements of a political state regardless of possible transgressions of the rights or the moral codes of individual persons"

After Oct. 7th Israel has become completely unhinged and is in full rabid dog mode. And since the Germans are too cowardly to change their Staatsräson, which now only serves to support a cabal of genocidal freaks, they instead respond in the only way they know. Namely with suppression, media control and police violence. You gotta imagine how crazy a state will become when it's topmost policy, that has priority over rights like individual freedom and security, is called into question. And German politicians refuse to face that reality.

...(or maybe they just don't want to openly admit that they hate Arabs, love genocide and live vicariously through Israel).

I live in that small, racist, backwater country south of Germany. And even here cracks have begun to appear in the desired narrative over the last months. Like an army colonel, who is a popular military analyst, stating that Iran's response was soft and very restrained and talking about the erosion of US military power over the last 2 decades. And this is not on some obscure Youtube channels but on the largest news station. Unthinkable in Germany.

Basically, the German Green Party is the US' favorite attack dog in Mitteleuropa and there was a big push the last election to undercut the CDU candidate that was going in a different direction and force much more pro-US government. The FDR was a US creation of the get-go, but the push the last couple of years has been using the whip (including blowing Nordstream 2) to keep Germany in line.

That said, the US can't micromanage everything at once, and more and more holes have been forming.

Also, the Iranian response was pretty calculated, both to use/reveal a bunch of AD assets (including forcing the Jordanians to show their hand) while inflicting targeted damage to a couple key assets. The Iranians have clearly more and better missiles, but their goal isn't all out war but to force the US to rein the Israelis in and generally put both on the defensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
flight to Najaf delayed but it looks like airspaces have all reopened

death to israel