Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

P.B. Burgin’s would be a good name for a burgin joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
P.B. Burgin's World Famous Patties

All the wait staff are called Patrick or Patricia

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Teslaconomics/status/1779155385703899375

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

pixaal posted:

I don't think we should worry about Mars until we have a plan of terraforming it properly. I think we should also be looking at Venus a a terraforming target. Make whichever ends up with the tech to do first, first. Hopefully the other follows as a backup plan a few decades down the line.

Still many many pages behind, but Kurzgesagt made a video about that too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WO-z-QuWI

And back to page 3621 I go!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

That looks deeply uncomfortable.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Is that sarcasm?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:lol:

Excuse me as I speed past in my 2CV (I don't actually have a 2CV).

e: I didn't notice that was sincere :hmbol:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Why is it moving so slow

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

limp dick calvin posted:

Why is it moving so slow

if he drives any faster the gas pedal gets stuck

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

lol my mom's old 1997 Carina E has traversed terrain worse than that, many times, lol

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There's a burger truck nearby that does peanut butter on some of the offerings and it's pretty good. They just do a thin scrape of it on the bun.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Less Is Definitely posted:

Musk ain't going to Mars, but at least he is going to get total recall. :unsmith:

lmao god drat

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Wow, a car negotiating a flat hard-packed dirt track! Truly we live in an age of wonder.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Watch out everyone, he's the Cybertruck in its natural habitat!

https://packaged-media.redd.it/0grq...5196c3ce72c#t=0

Jesus he's such a loving morn. Celsius is neither here nor there? It's just loving Kelvin with a shifted zero point, you loving dipshit. You can use it for "science" and every day life just fine.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Megillah Gorilla posted:

First thing I noticed is how incredibly poo poo the interior is. All that flooring looks like trash.

Second - how do you gently caress up an accelerator pedal that badly? It looks like it could honestly have been designed to kill people - and it absolutely will.

That should be a total fleet recall, right there.

I like that the first thing you see when you open the driver door is that CYBERTRUCK scratch logo. Who the gently caress in car culture wants their expensive ride associated with scratches. Just fuckin pathetic planning and thought process--trash rear end logic and taste lmao

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I think it’s like seared welding bumps instead of scratches. Still the wrong choice for something with the cybertruck design language but I guess that language is poo poo so maybe I’m the one in the wrong!

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 15, 2024

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I really want this to take off. This is the exact sort of thing reddit gets bent out of shape about. It has all the elements of Star Wars Battlefront "sense of pride and accomplishment" rage bait bad or move with a decently viral video attached. It's a shame video isn't more dramatic.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

gay picnic defence posted:

Is that sarcasm?

I'm assuming the person who made that tweet has never driven on anything other than a well paved road in the city.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

dr_rat posted:

I'm assuming the person who made that tweet has never driven on anything other than a well paved road in the city.

Just thinking of some of the absolute goat tracks I've flown up and down in my old X-Trail, that track looks like a well paved city road by comparison.

I bet the car coming up behind is really annoyed at how slow they're being made to go (unless it's the support crew with all the cybertruck recovery gear).

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Just thinking of some of the absolute goat tracks I've flown up and down in my old X-Trail, that track looks like a well paved city road by comparison.

I bet the car coming up behind is really annoyed at how slow they're being made to go (unless it's the support crew with all the cybertruck recovery gear).

I drove through the Jicarilla Apache reservation at 4AM in a 2WD '99 Ranger to get to Pagosa Springs by 6AM for a killer birthday party a couple years ago. That back road is way more treacherous than that path there between rocks and dips and deer, and I very rarely ever went as slow as that ugly, useless piece of poo poodeathtrap.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 15, 2024

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Surely an accelerator issue like that is enough for a full recall?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mobby_6kl posted:

Jesus he's such a loving morn. Celsius is neither here nor there? It's just loving Kelvin with a shifted zero point, you loving dipshit. You can use it for "science" and every day life just fine.
i am convinced by the argument that fahrenheit is better because it's a 1-10 scale for temperature if you drop a digit. clearly superior to the celsius centigrade system in that regard.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Surely an accelerator issue like that is enough for a full recall?

It will be addressed in the next firmware update.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ghostlight posted:

i am convinced by the argument that fahrenheit is better because it's a 1-10 scale for temperature if you drop a digit. clearly superior to the celsius centigrade system in that regard.

I'm never not amazed by these idiots who all believe one system is better than the other (nearly always F) because it's "simpler and more intuitive", primarily because it's what they grew up using. The bizarre pseudo-scientific rationalisations never cease to be hilarious.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

lol that it it even does do "typical human needs." Never been in temps near -17C and have been in temps over 37C all the time. Also in plenty of places it people live in places that go well below -17C all the time. It's still based off freezing and boiling points but with more steps.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Celsius is easy. Zero = water freezes. 10 and below = coat. 15 = sweater/no sweater tipping point. 20 and above = t-shirt. 30 = hot. 40 = too hot. 50 = you're about to die. 100 = water boils.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

the original paper suggests the lower defining point, 0 °F, was established as the freezing temperature of a solution of brine made from a mixture of water, ice, and ammonium chloride (a salt)

So intuitive and practical for everyday activities

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's what these bazingas snort so their brains become the way they are.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

piss salt

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The metric vs imperial thing is like the oldest internet flamewar topic so I don't particular want to restart it but it's just these particular takes are like the dumbest poo poo I've heard. F as a 1-10 scale? :lmao:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

iajanus posted:

I'm never not amazed by these idiots who all believe one system is better than the other (nearly always F) because it's "simpler and more intuitive", primarily because it's what they grew up using. The bizarre pseudo-scientific rationalisations never cease to be hilarious.

See also some people in the UK waxing nostalgic for pre-decimilized currency.

And even THEN there was better logic for the old LSD set up than Farenheit.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

dr_rat posted:

lol that it it even does do "typical human needs." Never been in temps near -17C and have been in temps over 37C all the time. Also in plenty of places it people live in places that go well below -17C all the time. It's still based off freezing and boiling points but with more steps.

I like how 95 F was the average rectal temp of 100 healthy men (I'm not going to fact check this) - cause why not just use 100

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Samovar posted:

Is this actually a thing? Thankfully I never came across anyone like this

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Celsius is way better than Fahrenheit if you need to be able to spell it without spell check, or if you need it to be extremely easy to memorize the freezing and boiling points of water instead of very easy. Other than that it's just personal preference. Sometimes confused people associate it with decimalized units like kilometers vs. miles.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Samovar posted:

And even THEN there was better logic for the old LSD set up than Farenheit.

I'm certainly nostalgic for LSD

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Small Strange Bird posted:

Celsius is easy. Zero = water freezes. 10 and below = coat. 15 = sweater/no sweater tipping point. 20 and above = t-shirt. 30 = hot. 40 = too hot. 50 = you're about to die. 100 = water boils.

Please have some respect for the dude who used his entire time at college trying to grasp this

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Other than that it's just personal preference. Sometimes confused people associate it with decimalized units like kilometers vs. miles.

You don't think Celsius being a SI unit could have anything to do with it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

slinkimalinki posted:

I'm certainly nostalgic for LSD

Old lcd often isn't so great, even if you store it right. Like if that blotter is over a few years old it ain't doing anything.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Yeah it's pretty clear that it's 95% just "what you are used to". And it's also 100% clear that musk doesn't actually know what Kelvin is it's just "the science temperature" him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I drive on roads like this in my little hatchback, what the gently caress is up with these doofuses acting like this is some great off road adventure?