Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

That song is called Song 2 because it was such a low effort song that they didn't even bother to name it properly and then it sold gang busters lol.

quite ironic that damon albarn is such an artisté that his most famous work was written on the back of a fag pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure it was the song on the fifa 98 title screen. Used to leave it running to listen to it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i saw blur a lot in the 90s. then my parents got me some glasses and it was fine after that

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

DeadButDelicious posted:

I distinctly remember Song 2 being used for trailers for Starship Troopers but I may be going senile in my old age of mid-30s. I remember scenes of the bugs swarming at the Klendathu drop... :okboomer:

Oh, they definitely used it in the trailer, which seemed to be as confused about the movie being a satires as your average common blue-ticket Tweeter is

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jel Shaker posted:

quite ironic that damon albarn is such an artisté that his most famous work was written on the back of a fag pocket

I would say it's probably Clint Eastwood at this point. But it's still probably true.

Funka
Jan 4, 2006

An Taoiseach posted:

Oh, they definitely used it in the trailer, which seemed to be as confused about the movie being a satires as your average common blue-ticket Tweeter is

Yeah I'm sure that's where I first heard that song, and why I always assumed I'd probably hate that film until I finally watched it about a year ago, wish I didn't wait so long

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Phrakusca posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the song on the fifa 98 title screen. Used to leave it running to listen to it.

I thought that was Chumbawamba?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I know which one it will be, because it always is, but I'm imagining the fifa title screen having a guitar ballad about 14th century peasants overthrowing their lord or an accordion solo about Spanish anarchists or something.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Paladinus posted:

I would say it's probably Clint Eastwood at this point. But it's still probably true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0NtSNeQEQ

grobbo
May 29, 2014
You know what the true scandal of 90s music is? Stuart Murdoch spending the past 30 years pretending he didn't actually know what an Arab Strap was.

It's right there in the lyrics, Stuart, it's fine.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
This should be the title music for every video game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4F1tJsZL0

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
The drummer from Blur these days is a Lab Cllr in Norwich and dead set *for* the pedestrianisation of the city centre, which I find quite funny.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TRIXNET posted:

The drummer from Blur these days is a Lab Cllr in Norwich and dead set *for* the pedestrianisation of the city centre, which I find quite funny.

And the bassist is a posh cheese Tory twat

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TRIXNET posted:

Was he able to drum up a lot of support?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Turns out they must have written Country House as an aspirational anthem

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Phrakusca posted:

https://youtu.be/2igfndqKnmk?feature=shared

I had a burnt copy from the car boot so mine would freeze and stutter its way through the intro video and ruin the song :(

It’s alright though because I didn’t really like football and only ever played it with my mates where we’d try and see how much nonsense we could get away with in matches like racing to get as many players as possible sent off

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I've long thought all the footie games should have a Cantona Mode where you can fight the crowd

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Paladinus posted:

Was he able to drum up a lot of support?

Not sure, but people forget that traders need access to Dixons.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sebzilla posted:

And the bassist is a posh cheese Tory twat

I forgot the origin of him going Tory did he actually or do we just assume because he went into cheese making?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I've long thought all the footie games should have a Cantona Mode where you can fight the crowd

Dynasty Warriors FIFA

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Failed Imagineer posted:

Trackmania has a manslaugher cup every season where the only way to finish the race is to land the car in the crowd, sometimes necessitating fancy tricks to flip the car into the air so it can land on the people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Failed Imagineer posted:

Apart from 9/11 the Cantona kick is the only time my school had to run a special serious assembly

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A second footballer has flown into the away stand.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cantona did nothing wrong

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

well, his form could have been better but still

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

oval office Tory House.

Trying posted:

Cantona did nothing wrong

You reminded me of an old joke about that.

Have you heard the new Crystal Palace supporters chant?

"Ooh! Aah! Cantona!"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

Apart from 9/11 the Cantona kick is the only time my school had to run a special serious assembly

Lol

Guavanaut posted:

A second footballer has flown into the away stand.

Lol.

And yeah, full support for Cantona on that one, that dude (in the stands) was a oval office. Zidane too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My bestie and I were too cool to get involved in the Oasis-Blur fight and decided we liked Pulp instead. Blur is definitely more interesting to listen to these days than Oasis though. Don't think I'd seek out an Oasis song on purpose.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Starbucks posted:

Not sure, but people forget that traders need access to Dixons.
Half pedestrian, half automatic bollards is the best solution.

Deliveries get access at set times, disabled people and emergency services get access at all times (neutralizing one of the main bad faith counters), and the occasional vehicle stops the place being filled with organ grinders and religious shouters and people selling knock off Frozen and Baby Yoda balloons, while allowing cafe seating in the other bit.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Tesseraction posted:

I forgot the origin of him going Tory did he actually or do we just assume because he went into cheese making?

I think he's just always been a tory, but he got into cheesemaking as part of purchasing a farm and I believe he and David Cameron were neighbours.

Apropos of nothing, this is my favourite Pulp song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

I think it's because he's part of the Chipping Norton crowd of fannies like Jeremy Clarkson, Lord Pig Fucker & what's her face who used to be the Editor of the Sun, somebody Brooks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Reveilled posted:

I believe he and David Cameron were neighbours.
Ah, that's how they get the holes in the cheese.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Ah, that's how they get the holes in the cheese.

:captainpop:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Get in, just found out that the TERF Green councillor across the street from me has been suspended from the party and won't be standing for them at the locals.

Glad they're (slowly) taking out the trash

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s alright though because I didn’t really like football and only ever played it with my mates where we’d try and see how much nonsense we could get away with in matches like racing to get as many players as possible sent off

Failed Imagineer posted:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

True story: They wrote that song smoking some incredible organic 5x Skunk grown by a fabled SW grower while sat in their manager's garden. I was lucky enough to be able to tap into that source from 04--06, and it was loving incredible. The old hippy grower used to collect seaweed from the shore, abseil down cliffs to harvest seagull droppings and go caving to collect bat droppings to make his own organic compost. I don't think I've come across such a dedicated grower before or since. He even looked like a wizard :420:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I think it's because he's part of the Chipping Norton crowd of fannies like Jeremy Clarkson, Lord Pig Fucker & what's her face who used to be the Editor of the Sun, somebody Brooks

Rebecca, the one who Danny Dyer called out for being a homophobic piece of poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If I found out I was neighbours with Cameron I probably wouldn't move but I would absolutely post turds through the letterbox.

Also I'd be a proper rich oval office

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

On the subject of neighbours pissing off ex PMs, I loved the passive aggressiveness of this:

https://twitter.com/mrdavemacleod/status/1680493841248407552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The annoying thing about that protest is he doesn't give a gently caress; Brexit was merely his pathway to power as we saw when he resigned in protest over May's deal and then passed exactly that deal once he was PM.

Now if there was a flag that specifically represented child support payments...