Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Scientastic posted:

I drive on roads like this in my little hatchback, what the gently caress is up with these doofuses acting like this is some great off road adventure?

Because they spent god knows how much on the Elon that they have to sunk cost over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://electrek.co/2024/04/15/tesla-lays-off-more-than-10-of-its-global-workforce/

Dude sent an email overnight firing 10% of the workforce. The q1 has to be extremely bad

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
he had to, the pure evil court wouldn’t pay him a ton of money

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Scientastic posted:

I drive on roads like this in my little hatchback, what the gently caress is up with these doofuses acting like this is some great off road adventure?

These people can't go outside until one of their cult-like corporations sells them a product that has that focus.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Surely an accelerator issue like that is enough for a full recall?

i saw an article saying they cant deliver any more new so probably

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Surely an accelerator issue like that is enough for a full recall?

No that's just Elon's Full Self Accelerating feature

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

limp dick calvin posted:

Why is it moving so slow

If it accelerates too much it explodes. It’s like the opposite of Speed.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mobby_6kl posted:

The metric vs imperial thing is like the oldest internet flamewar topic so I don't particular want to restart it but it's just these particular takes are like the dumbest poo poo I've heard. F as a 1-10 scale? :lmao:

K is better for science, C is better for industry and F is better for determining the gradient of how hot you're personally going to feel and people need to stop feeling so strongly about arbitration

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

UCS Hellmaker posted:

https://electrek.co/2024/04/15/tesla-lays-off-more-than-10-of-its-global-workforce/

Dude sent an email overnight firing 10% of the workforce. The q1 has to be extremely bad

quote:

Over the years, we have grown rapidly with multiple factories scaling around the globe. With this rapid growth there has been duplication of roles and job functions in certain areas. As we prepare the company for our next phase of growth, it is extremely important to look at every aspect of the company for cost reductions and increasing productivity. 

As part of this effort, we have done a thorough review of the organization and made the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by more than 10% globally. There is nothing I hate more, but it must be done. This will enable us to be lean, innovative and hungry for the next growth phase cycle.

I would like to thank everyone who is departing Tesla for their hard work over the years. I’m deeply grateful for your many contributions to our mission and we wish you well in your future opportunities. It is very difficult to say goodbye.

For those remaining, I would like to thank you in advance for the difficult job that remains ahead. We are developing some of the most revolutionary technologies in auto, energy and artificial intelligence. As we prepare the company for the next phase of growth, your resolve will make a huge difference in getting us there.

Thanks,
Elon
love being hungry

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Which does Musk hate more, firing people or the Woke Mind Virus?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

shyduck posted:

love being hungry

Did grok write that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

UCS Hellmaker posted:

He also had to have his Shanghai employees switch to 5 days working instead of 6.5

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

UCS Hellmaker posted:

lol bring back the "please check your spam box for the 'you're fired' email" thread title

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

MrQwerty posted:

K is better for science, C is better for industry and F is better for determining the gradient of how hot you're personally going to feel and people need to stop feeling so strongly about arbitration

F is better for weather temperatures if you're used to using it

If America chose to go to C you'd be all used to it within two years because it's not rocket science even if it enables it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think we should all just move to the "reporter using a ridiculously example to explain a value thing" scale.

Water boils at two and three quarters times inside an elephants mouth hot!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Anders posted:

If America chose to go to C you'd be all used to it within two years because it's not rocket science even if it enables it

I am used to using it, I've only used metric at work in dipshit dumbass bottom 2 New Mexico for a decade.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol who cares about temperature scales

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

For centuries Europeans have been unable to determine how hot or cold they feel. Curse the Swedes and their unusable temperature scale :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Anders posted:

Why? Risk of ice at 0 or negatives is good and easy to remember, isn't it? :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Both farenheit and Celsius are perfectly fine.

Whether the freezing point of any compound or element lines up with a nice round number is completely arbitrary and doesn't really make one more or less useful. They both measure the same thing just in a different scale, both scales have a perfectly cromulent derivation.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

kazil posted:

lol who cares about temperature scales

waking up to an email about being laid off and these tweets from your former boss

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Idk Elon how did your supply chain fare :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Samovar posted:

See also some people in the UK waxing nostalgic for pre-decimilized currency.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Whether the freezing point of any compound or element lines up with a nice round number is completely arbitrary and doesn't really make one more or less useful. They both measure the same thing just in a different scale, both scales have a perfectly cromulent derivation.

Thanks for finally outing yourself Elon - I've put the perma request through :wave:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Finally, a use for bitcoin

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol @ that "trail" driving video

You could navigate that with a Honda Civic

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

hospitals were totally overwhelmed

literally thousands of people died per day

we were burying people who died from covid in mass graves

this weird smug, totally unwarranted "remember when we were concerned about the covid nothingburger? :smugdog:" attitude that has cropped up lately from the right is hysterical to me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Thanks for finally outing yourself Elon - I've put the perma request through :wave:

Elon prefers farenheit and thinks Celsius is dumb. Both are fine and a matter of cultural preference.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ehud posted:

lol

this weird smug, totally unwarranted "remember when we were concerned about the covid nothingburger? :smugdog:" attitude that has cropped up lately from the right is hysterical to me

They've all collectively gaslit themselves, and are in a constant process of gaslighting reality in general, all the time, everyday.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol one country on the whole planet exclusively uses Fahrenheit so it must be the best system of temperature measurement

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i've driven far worse roads than this at far higher speeds in my fuckin mr2

my tiny 2 seat deathtrap with an inch and a half lowering is a better off-roader than the cybertruck

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ehud posted:

Yeah but musk was fine, so why should he care if other people were dying. Whole thing was obviously massively overblown.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The pandemic meant people working from home, which is a deadly sin for Musk

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

So you're saying the entirety of America has dropped its usage so much that it's fallen behind a country with a fraction of the population? Advertisers are thrilled!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That's true, but one is used by basically the entire world and the other one just by Americans.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

The pandemic meant people working from home, which is a deadly sin for Musk

Woking from home?!?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

As I understand it (as a person who never used it), florins and crowns were very rarely used. You had pounds, shillings and pence. 12 pence in a shilling, 20 shillings in a pound, i.e. 240 pence in one pound. Same subdivision as is done in time.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Fahrenheit is used by one country on this planet, but 100% of people on the moon, checkmate Earth.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ehud posted:

lol

Same thing with the ozone hole and y2k. “They made a huge deal about it but now no one talks about it.” Yeah no poo poo a ton of people put a lot of effort into it and the problems were addressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Celsius for temperature outside, inside and for science. Fahrenheit for the temperature inside me and my oven