Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lottery of Babylon posted:

WIBTA for reporting my child's teacher?

Going to need to know whether this is a public or a private school before I can decide whether OP is a nazi.

Quickly, Litany of Gulps! The beacon is lit! A teacher calls for aid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Public education as a public good is in danger and that causes people who have devoted their life to it, like some teachers, to overreact to any perceived threat or criticism.

Many teachers are great, not every teacher is terrible, but it's the bad ones who leave oversized memories and populate our anecdotes.

so, like, LoG, i get what's going on for you, but: stop.

I had several amazing teachers that genuinely cared. I also had a teacher call me a fa**ot, several actively encouraged kids to pick on me and several openly made fun of me in class. And a gym teacher assaulted me once. I don' hate teachers but god I wish I was naive enough to not believe the weather story.

Shanghaied posted:

We've had intruding MILs, now get ready for the creepy FILs!

AITA for telling my husband and father-in-law that they could have a say in my birth plan if they had skin (or genitals to be more exact) in the game.

Lol this woman rules and gently caress that husband.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 15, 2024

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
One of the best dates I've ever been on was with a teacher. I think she's a vice-principal now.

Anyone else feeling like a glass of milk?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on guys, you’re ruining National Laundry Day.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

good

AITA if I don't care if someone chooses to go hungry

quote:

I am in a small group of women in my profession. We don't work together, we just found each other over time and started having lunch together once a month to talk business and share experiences.

Two of our members have gluten allergies, and this limits where we can eat. We have tried many places, and we all do our best to make the menu work. We had chosen one place that was mediocre food but decent price, but they made the mistake of serving one of our gf members a soup with pasta even after saying it had no gluten. Sort of a big deal. After that we started trying different places.

The problem is, one member is very vocal about just wanting "normal" food. Every place we go now, she refuses to eat and just claims there is nothing on the menu she can eat. And yes, I have asked what she means by normal food and it really seems like she lives on ham sandwiches and fried chicken. She won't eat burgers or sandwiches with beef or turkey, no wraps.

She claims she's not picky but she makes a scene about not eating even though we always ask everyone's opinions before trying a new place. It's hard because we need a place with a good menu, room for a group, and not too expensive.

We found a place with all of the above and this person has eaten there before several times but now suddenly claims that she doesn't eat anything on the menu. I wanted to scream when she said this and repeatedly said she wasn't going to eat anything. She really wants to go back to the place where only she liked the food. (Even though they hosed up her order several times in the past!)

A few of the members are low-key ready to cave to her demands but I'm fine with her going hungry. She's an adult acting like a child. But now I'm (I guess) possibly being a bully because I won't let her have her way. Pretty sure I'm not, but it bothers me that I'm coming across as harsh for refusing to continue to restaurant hop for her.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It can't be a texture thing because ham has the worst of all meat textures.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
It's a control thing & they should stop inviting her

quote:

She really wants to go back to the place where only she liked the food. (Even though they hosed up her order several times in the past!)

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did National Laundry Day go to private school? It might deserve this :colbert:

I guess on further reflection I'm lucky my parents pulled me out of public school if it stopped more people like litany of gulps from telling me I deserve to be suicidal as a child, which I wasn't expecting on my bingo card in my 30's. Like, you decided to insult me for being a neurodivergent child and I'm not even a child any more. I'm really lucky my parents took an interest in my life as a kid, and I hope you don't treat the kids you teach this way. No kid "Deserves" mental illness even if their parents are able to take care of them. If your kid is suicidal, something is very wrong. If you're somehow a teenager reading this and a teacher tells you you can "get away with" suicidal thoughts because you're "lucky", please find an adult you trust and talk to them ASAP.

I'll drop this but yeah. Hug your kid for me, okay? I'm never gonna have them, but I hope nobody talks to your kid the way people talk to/treated me.

edit: also I did not grow up in America so I am guessing private school means "rich people cannibal party" over here or something instead of "slightly fancier public school"

Steve Vader posted:

It can't be a texture thing because ham has the worst of all meat textures.

:hmmyes: Ham somehow tastes better cubed, which is a scientific hypothesis I do not understand

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have been gagged and silenced! I(ME!!) am not allowed to talk about the following witnesses and jurors so I have to trust the true patriots (YOU!) to hold those discussions! Their names are as follows:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have been gagged and silenced! I(ME!!) am not allowed to talk about the following witnesses and jurors so I have to trust the true patriots (YOU!) to hold those discussions! Their names are as follows:

Wrong thread but lol nevertheless

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

I'm glad that this thread has alerted me that Pink Floyd's The Wall was an alt-right album.

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, but I've never seen a sink without an overflow. Is he blocking it somehow? Is he running the water so fast the overflow can't keep up? How's he doing it?

I've never seen a kitchen sink with an overflow, they're usually two stainless steel sinks, one with a garbage disposal and one with a regular drain. OTOH I don't see how you'd get 2-3 inches of overflow with a regular kitchen sink setup unless you plugged both sinks, because the one that filled up would just overflow into the other one and go down the drain. So not only does this take a huge lack of attention, if it's like every kitchen sink I've seen then it requires him to work to make the overflow possible. I could see it happening one time (though someone should catch it before 2-3 inches) but all you have to do to prevent it is not plug the other sink.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Sanford posted:

Wrong thread but lol nevertheless

AITA for making the perfect phone call?

quote:

I (77m) made a phone call to someone who works in a different state, encouraging him to find something I needed for my job, and now everybody's acting like I'm a jerk

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Neito posted:

AITA for making the perfect phone call?

Carmen Sandiego getting lazier in her old age I see

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Lottery of Babylon posted:

WIBTA for reporting my child's teacher?

Going to need to know whether this is a public or a private school before I can decide whether OP is a nazi.

I wonder how long this teacher has been just upgrading her phone by stealing them from her students?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Flooding my kitchen 5 loving times before getting insurance lmao

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I'm glad that this thread has alerted me that Pink Floyd's The Wall was an alt-right album.

I've never seen a kitchen sink with an overflow, they're usually two stainless steel sinks, one with a garbage disposal and one with a regular drain. OTOH I don't see how you'd get 2-3 inches of overflow with a regular kitchen sink setup unless you plugged both sinks, because the one that filled up would just overflow into the other one and go down the drain. So not only does this take a huge lack of attention, if it's like every kitchen sink I've seen then it requires him to work to make the overflow possible. I could see it happening one time (though someone should catch it before 2-3 inches) but all you have to do to prevent it is not plug the other sink.

Kitchen Sinks all have overflows in Europe.
In fact I have never seen a sink without one, except in America.

I guess you can only choose between garbage disposal or overflow?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Kurieg posted:

I wonder how long this teacher has been just upgrading her phone by stealing them from her students?

Sounds like you went to some fancy private school where your teachers didn’t steal your poo poo, you rich spoiled fascist gently caress.

“wow, you rubes think some teachers would ever abuse a neurodivergent kid? You’re literally a spoiled brat Neo-hitler” and doubling down at every opportunity is sure answering a lot of question about how certain posters might interact with children that nobody was asking.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 15, 2024

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for refusing to pay for my girlfriend's plane ticket after she decided to stay longer on her trip without me?

quote:

Throwaway bc she knows my reddit.

So, here's the deal. My (28M) girlfriend (27F) of two years and I planned a two-week vacation to Italy. I paid for the flights, hotels—everything, because I make more than she does, and I wanted it to be a stress-free trip for both of us. Everything was great until the last day when she tells me she wants to stay longer to "find herself" and think about our relationship without me. She didn't discuss this with me beforehand, and it completely blindsided me.

I was hurt and told her that if she feels she needs time alone, then she should also be independent financially during this extension of her trip. I said I wouldn’t be paying for her new return ticket whenever she decides to come back. Now, she's upset, calling me unsupportive and selfish, and some of our friends are saying I'm being an a-hole because I left her stranded in a foreign country without financial help.

So, Reddit, AITA for refusing to pay for her new plane ticket home after she chose to extend her trip without any heads-up?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My kitchen has one sink with neither a garbage disposal nor an overflow. If I left the water running and there was a bunch of debris in the drain, it could definitely spill over

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

haveblue posted:

My kitchen has one sink with neither a garbage disposal nor an overflow. If I left the water running and there was a bunch of debris in the drain, it could definitely spill over

Yeah, my sink is like this, too. Every so often a saucer or something floats to the bottom of the drain when the water's going and suddenly there's zero drainage and you have to fix it first

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, we're done with the teacher derail now.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Kurieg posted:

AITA for refusing to pay for my girlfriend's plane ticket after she decided to stay longer on her trip without me?

Babe I need some time to go find myself (in a pile of Italian strange)

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I hate to say it, but she definitely met some guy she wants to gently caress while on vacation, right? And is staying extra days to do just that?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol this OP owns

I had a family friend who let his wife hold his hand during delivery and got a broken hand out of it, I can't even imagine what that amount of strength would do to a pair of balls instead of something with bones :allears:

I was present at 2 out of 3 of my kid's births and it wasn't so bad. Hospital wifi was a little slow and the food service was mediocre but there was a good Indian restaurant across the street.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I didn’t work on LnD much but my roommates did and they were right across the hall from my medsurg ward, I heard it was not as uncommon for men to bring their gaming setups to their kids births

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

sullat posted:

I was present at 2 out of 3 of my kid's births and it wasn't so bad. Hospital wifi was a little slow and the food service was mediocre but there was a good Indian restaurant across the street.

Birth rating: 1.5/5 crushed ballsacks

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I didn’t work on LnD much but my roommates did and they were right across the hall from my medsurg ward, I heard it was not as uncommon for men to bring their gaming setups to their kids births

I usually brought aruff to do and food to eat for the borth of each of my 3 kids. Played pokemon games for the first two. Granted the first my partner was induced for. I also fell asleep during the main bulk of labor. During delivery though i was front and center, hand holding support and everything. I was actually a stirrup for the second lid as my partner broke his ankle about 4 weeks before the birth.

Dads have very little to do during birth, i have no idea how this fucks screw it up.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Kurieg posted:

I always get a kick out of these self-fulfilling prophecy stories. This just put WAY more points in the 'end this relationship' column for her since he's shown himself to be controlling with money as soon as something isn't exactly what he wants. These 'my partner must always do things with me and I will freak out if they want to do something alone' stories are so weird to me; if someone wants to cheat on you, they can do it locally or semi-locally, they really don't need to be on another continent.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm confused to the girlfriend's game plan here. How was she going to pay for a hotel or food for a week if she can't afford a plane ticket home?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Elblanco posted:

I usually brought aruff to do and food to eat for the borth of each of my 3 kids. Played pokemon games for the first two. Granted the first my partner was induced for. I also fell asleep during the main bulk of labor. During delivery though i was front and center, hand holding support and everything. I was actually a stirrup for the second lid as my partner broke his ankle about 4 weeks before the birth.

Dads have very little to do during birth, i have no idea how this fucks screw it up.

I’m not talking like a switch I’m talking like a couple time full blown pc/playststion gaming setups

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm confused to the girlfriend's game plan here. How was she going to pay for a hotel or food for a week if she can't afford a plane ticket home?

The Italian men she's sleeping with will cover that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I always get a kick out of these self-fulfilling prophecy stories. This just put WAY more points in the 'end this relationship' column for her since he's shown himself to be controlling with money as soon as something isn't exactly what he wants. These 'my partner must always do things with me and I will freak out if they want to do something alone' stories are so weird to me; if someone wants to cheat on you, they can do it locally or semi-locally, they really don't need to be on another continent.

Just in time for the last hot take to finish up lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought goons all learned how birth tends to go from the WoW raiding incident

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Too obvious, you're really overplaying your hand here.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

"babe give me several thousand dollars for a solo European vacation starting right this second"
"no"
"wow so controlling :("

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

....what? I think we're reading the story completely differently

mystes
May 31, 2006

Her "extending" the trip without him is no different from her taking another, separate trip without him. Why is it his responsibility to pay for that when it's something she's arranging on her own without his involvement?

If I take a cruise but then get off at a random island part way through to "find myself" for a couple weeks is it the job of the cruise country to pay for me to get home some other way?

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 15, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You need to find yourself?

Yeah, you need to find yourself a new boyfriend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also how much longer is she planning to stay? An international plane ticket in the next few days is going to cost a stupendous amount of money, probably far more than the return ticket she already has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Not paying for your ex’s extended “finding themselves” euro trip (abusive, controlling)