Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I'm the bloat fly

duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like some of the short stories

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Runa posted:

In New Vegas the NCR is dumb as hell and problematic, it's just that it's going up against Caesar's Legion which is even more so by, like, an order of magnitude. They, the Legion, and Mr. House each basically represent a different aspect of the Old World's sins carried forward into the wasteland. That they represent violent American hegemony and apathy as an institution still leaves them looking pretty good. At least, good compared to the insane (and wildly hypocritical) dehumanization of the Legion, which takes the basic ideas of fascism to horrifying conclusions, and the solipsistic techbro supervillain who happens to be flavored in the style of a 1950's eccentric.

ah, but they were able to build a statue you see

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not a bethesda head by any means, so take it w/a grain of salt.. but I found The Outer Worlds 50x more fun to play

I actually beat it and enjoyed it the entire way thru

I remember you posting that in the weekend thread and first I thought you meant outer wilds, and then just didn't believe you at all lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My favorite Fallout is still the original

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

The fallout show is better than new Vegas

Hardly anything is better than New Vegas. Propaganda spreading shill rear end…

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
2 and NV are the best two imo but were frustrating rear end games on launch. i respect anyone who doesn't like a FO game because of first impression

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't. they should be killed

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't. they should be killed

Hmm. I agree.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
My favorite Fallout New Vegas moment was building my character around the Built To Destroy perk, and doing Raul the Ghoul's companion quest to offset item degredation, but when it was resolving, Raul was like, "You know, Im so happy I joined up with you. I guess old people still have a lot to offer the world, don't they?" which gives him the Old Vaquero perk, which just merely boosts his rate-of-fire with pistols and rifles. And to get the Full Maintenance perk, I had to be, "Uhh, hell no. Fix my broken poo poo, old man." and Danny Trejo does this amazing Grampa Simpson, "Oh, ok.." response.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the brotherhood of steel are the most boring fallout faction i think they stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

2 was good but there were too many monty python references and the best armor was the cultist robe in the joke side quest with the bridge. Just some bizarre design choice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that robe was worse than basic combat armour

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mr house was ftw. i was happy to make odo proud of me

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Brotherhood of Steel were a great idea in 1 and 2, and then literally "my OC SI" fanfic poo poo in order to justify them in Fallout 3 being on the East Coast as opposed to literally any new faction that did similar in hoarding/worshipping tech.

NV managed to get the point of them being clerical ritual obsessed shut ins who have to be forced out of their air conditioned bunkers to actually do something, then FO4 just retread the exact same ground as FO3 but managed to do it even worse.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the reason the brotherhood of steel is so prominent is probably tied to which faction the big stemlord dorks at bethesda think they'd be.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't hate Fallout 4 for all its flaws because of well it depicts Boston landmarks, shows how we are all mutants, etc. but it convinced me that I was probably done with Bethesda until something pretty significant changed.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that robe was worse than basic combat armour

By not having rad resistance, I suppose? But it was lighter, and looked cooler

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I can't hate Fallout 4 for all its flaws because of well it depicts Boston landmarks, shows how we are all mutants, etc. but it convinced me that I was probably done with Bethesda until something pretty significant changed.

i always appreciated that about the bethesda fallouts, but it's mindblowing how much better the yakuza series does it to some degree.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dongicus posted:

the brotherhood of steel are the most boring fallout faction i think they stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Gotta go reread the NV modding thread from when the Frontier was just released

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i always appreciated that about the bethesda fallouts, but it's mindblowing how much better the yakuza series does it to some degree.

Yeah, looking at the Google maps for Kabukichibo it's like I know it better than some of the cities I travel to for work, lol. Something tells me it'll be a long time before they decide to do Boston though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, looking at the Google maps for Kabukichibo it's like I know it better than some of the cities I travel to for work, lol. Something tells me it'll be a long time before they decide to do Boston though

Lol Like A Dragon: Southie

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

flying there next month and hype to have a general ability to navigate a red light district due to a videogame

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a middle-aged japanese man in an old suit is going to hit you with a bicycle

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gotta go reread the NV modding thread from when the Frontier was just released

lets us know how it goes

Max Wilco posted:

So hey, Fallout: The Frontier comes out tomorrow, and I'm excited to give it a shot. I reinstalled New Vegas a while back, and was following the Viva New Vegas guide. I only got about halfway through it (finished the Visuals portion and stopped there). Because of that though, I'm wondering if any of those mods are going to conflict with The Frontier. I know it's not actually out yet, so nobody knows what kind of mod compatibility it has, but I thought maybe I'd post the mod list to see if something like the expanded LOD or whatnot would cause issues.

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot that it was also getting released on Steam. There's is also an Excel sheet outlining mod compatibility: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1haLudyV-q4IXVu3jmJ_KjvF82CmsQDTIiyJXODHsdAs/edit#gid=0. However, it doesn't mention anything pertaining to LOD, so maybe I'll have to toggle that off.

But anyway, who's excited for it? It's been what feels like 4 years since it was announced, and I've wanted to play it since then.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

My parents are actual Boomers and they decided to watch the Fallout series on their own after my recommendation. My mom told me she suspects the cowboy from the intro might also be the "noseless dead guy."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

being a vault dweller is an easy plot hook because they all live in vaults and have little to no knowledge of the outside world making it easier to explain things to the players and the vaults have a bunch of crazy poo poo going on in them that make them good for dungeons to explore

Yeah it’s why dude who comes from outside our fantasy world and it’s special rules is so common as a perspective character in fantasy and sci fi. And why every other mystery novel is told from the perspective of a dumbass instead of the brilliant detective, the detective needs a normal guy to explain his brilliant deduction to.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

pentyne posted:

lets us know how it goes

I;m not reading all that, what's the problem with it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol Like A Dragon: Southie

Ichiban business simulator where he has to face increasingly difficult Wahlberg brothers and poo poo down their restaurant chains.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
this is when the FNV mod thread went insane because some posters saw the name Richard Spencer and then assumed it was the leader of the alt-right who works in a decade old video game modding community under his real name

Iamgoofball posted:

Just found this in the Frontier:

Yikes, nazi devs.

e: this was a stupid post and I was wrong, sorry frontier devs

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFh08JEKDYk&ab_channel=ABCNews%28Australia%29

Yeah, without a further explanation I'm definitely not downloading this mod.

Lurdiak posted:

Sexist Fallout modders with bad politics?

Iamgoofball posted:

The excuse from their project lead:

e: this was a stupid post and I was wrong, sorry frontier devs
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Garrand posted:

A cursory google search (or you know, just looking at their website) shows Richard Spencer aka Dragbody

a modder who has been creating mods on nexus for literally a decade now
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2803386?tab=user+files&BH=1

I have no opinions about the mod itself as I have not played it but this was satanic panic levels of stupid.

Iamgoofball posted:

drat, that's an incredibly unfortunate name. Guess I was wrong.

I'll be honest, the way the mod frames joining The Legion as what a player should do if they want an actual story with choices doesn't really lend well to "the devs aren't chuds", and the NCR-except-not-actually-NCR campaign spending the first 30 minutes hammering into your skull "THE NCR IS THE BAD GUYS TOO, YOU GUYS!" also doesn't help matters. Yeah, the NCR isn't perfect, but also the NCR wouldn't field execute a bunch of their injured for logistical reasons. That's a Legion thing, and it's incredibly concerning and led me to believe that them putting Richard Spencer in the scoreboard was just a dumb crappy "haha get it guys?" thing.

I haven't tried out the Legion path yet because I hate the Legion, but I'll give it a go soon to see if they actually handle the Legion properly as a genocidal dictatorship run by a complete dumbass, or if they try to pull some Legion apologia crap.

It doesn't look like the Brotherhood route is any good either going by this post in the other New Vegas thread, so if the NCR COD campaign is the only good part then this mod's probably not gonna be too well-reviewed after everything's said and done.

Accusing people on an internet forum of psychotic behavior is loving yikes, though. Maybe don't do that?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know if you've noticed dipshit, but there are external factors that are making people particularly sensitive to signs of fascist sympathizers these days. People certainly did jump to conclusions in this particular case but it was also immediately defused, so maybe strolling in here acting like a dick is not the best move.

VideoGames posted:

These last few pages have been incredible.

Do not automatically assume someone is a nazi because of their name. I mean surely you would at least verify that before posting here. Rinkles made an excellent point:

Lurdiak posted:

It was one guy jumping to conclusions and not accepting the reasonable explanation given by the dev until other people pointed out the explanation was reasonable. There have been 10x more posts making fun of that overreaction than there have been posts saying it sucks if there is a nazi involved in the mod. I don't know what you think is happening but it's clearly not.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

congratulations guys, you made it into an announcement on the Frontier discord :cripes:

Air Skwirl posted:

I asked for a further explanation and got one. I'm not gonna feel guilty for asking why the name of a prominent neo-nazi was in the game.

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh horrors, I was being cautious about the politics of the mod that locks a third of its content behind joining the "rape and slavery rock" faction.

None of them are as famous as the nazi one.
It sucks for that guy that he has the same name as a famous neo nazi, I would probably make sure my middle name or initial was featured in everything public about me.

There's a reason actor Michael B Jordan is always referred to as Michael B Jordan.

Bogart posted:

Jesus Christ, can you bunch of jackasses take it to your QCS jerkoff discord? I don't give a drat about you all posturing over who's the most woke. It was reasonable to be concerned about the name of a prominent neo-Nazi in a fan mod, in a community not necessarily known for their PC-ness. More information should've been gathered before the accusation was made, like, say, googling the names all together. But the response to it, all of you dipshits crawling over one another to prove that you are the most unwilling to accuse people, loving sucks. Talk about modding. Not about this horrible thread.

lol at the ban reason on that last one

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bicyclops posted:

Ichiban business simulator where he has to face increasingly difficult Wahlberg brothers and poo poo down their restaurant chains.

An elaborate playground for the rich and powerful built underneath Fenway Park where the rich can gamble on counterfeit Red Sox games

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the 'yikes, nazi devs' guy used to be part of an SS13 community I was in and everyone hated him there too. Was very funny to see him show up on SA years later lol.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
then later the rape slave and lizard sex content is found

Flesh Forge posted:

luv too embed my terrible rape fantasy fanfic in my giant rear end mod
e: like, no poo poo there's rape referenced in New Vegas but I don't think anyone ever complained of the lack of player option to roleplay the rapist

RATS! posted:

whatd ppl go crazy on this time the tweet's gone

Homeless Friend posted:

they wrote some character that's like PLEASE LOVE ME, I'LL BE YOUR SLAVE *puts on slave collar* with embarrassing endgame recap lol. A+ modder poo poo, i love it

Flesh Forge posted:

the first tweet was deleted and I wasn't sure it was legit but someone else posted about it too:
https://twitter.com/KungFuMan316/status/1351666121263489030

Hot Diggity! posted:

oh god hahahaha what the gently caress is Frontier

https://twitter.com/TKsMantis/status/1351300776405024768

Hot Diggity! posted:

So uh, the writers really leaned into misogyny huh

Dongicus posted:

theres a really awfully written dialogue option where your character talks like a goon and says some internet poo poo like "the enclave? you mean that fash paramilitary army thats OBJECTIVELY evil?"

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://twitter.com/KungFuMan316/status/1351667636405465089

Tweet was deleted, btw, so here~!

By the way, I've finally heard back from people about the Legion side. It includes a slave lady cheering on her master in a fight and a whole lot of "women are animals who need a man to tame them" misogyny/slavery apologia, as you'd expect.

and then the finale

Cross-Section posted:

Don't know if this belongs here, or the Awesome/Awful Mods thread, but..

This truly has been a saga.

Cross-Section posted:

One of the Frontier devs was outed as a furry pedo artist, they've been booted from the dev team while the mod itself has been taken down while they figure out what to do

e:fb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

this is when the FNV mod thread went insane because some posters saw the name Richard Spencer and then assumed it was the leader of the alt-right who works in a decade old video game modding community under his real name

lol at the ban reason on that last one

Lmao. Also, Turdiak.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rob Zombie voice:

ParserGirl posted:

"noseless dead guy."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

turdiak

Lurdiak posted:

You win.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tear that game a new rear end hole, SJW Goons.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
lizard sex cave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Frank Frank posted:

All of the endings of 4 are just kinda "meh". None of them are cathartic or conclude your character's arc in a satisfactory way. I played through one of them and then just looked up the rest on youtube because I figured they were all going to be dumb (I was correct).

New Vegas owned.

I'm kinda sad the "HEY! FIND A NEW BRAIN FOR THIS DOG" plot line will likely be overlooked in the show.

Rex owns