Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

my_custom_username posted:

i'm normal this morning

hmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

zodium is threatening violence

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

karkeapeikko posted:

zodium is threatening violence

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hell yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i will volunteer to ik the pop culture thread. star wars and star trek and marvel chat will be banned. snyder chat is encouraged.

what if Snyder directs a Star Trek

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin seeing angry sports posting in the ray parlour and getting flashbacks to 'nam, smashing the probe button as hard as as he can

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

vyelkin seeing angry sports posting in the ray parlour and getting flashbacks to 'nam, smashing the probe button as hard as as he can

good

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

so the coloring is tied to username and not the post

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

so the coloring is tied to username and not the post

test

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

good morning

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

speng31b posted:

I miss him, conscript him and force him to be cspam sdmin again.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
vylekin is the last politics admin they will make the mistake of appointing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

WampaLord posted:

Finally a thread where we can discuss the Wins Above Replacement metric

https://towardsdatascience.com/napoleon-was-the-best-general-ever-and-the-math-proves-it-86efed303eeb

Turns out Hitler’s war score is pretty average! Fun fact.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

pi thread is gbs you know what to do

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Monday bloody Monday

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I will be the politics admin and my rule shall be terrible in its magnificence

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Did my Annual Genocide Contribution Acknowledgement. Supposedly got a refund though it'll be scooped up to apply to the money I owe from last year (because of a legal settlement I got that either they or I hosed up the withholding on, which was a fun surprise last year!)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
good morning goons

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

very inactive thread after the p/i probes. anyway i had that followup job interview, i think it went well. hard not to get my hopes up... but i shall try not to.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I've still gotta prove that I'm not a tax return harvesting robot or something to the IRS to get my federal return. Filed back in feb, and I got my state refund, but now gotta jump through a bunch of hoops. :toot: First major stumbling block: the phone I am using to send and receive emails and texts to the IRS is an "invalid number". :bang:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

very inactive thread after the p/i probes. anyway i had that followup job interview, i think it went well. hard not to get my hopes up... but i shall try not to.

Good luck! Got my technically second interview (but my first with the actual hiring manager and not the HR guy/recruiter) tomorrow, and same, friend, same.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

nudejedi posted:

I've still gotta prove that I'm not a tax return harvesting robot or something to the IRS to get my federal return. Filed back in feb, and I got my state refund, but now gotta jump through a bunch of hoops. :toot: First major stumbling block: the phone I am using to send and receive emails and texts to the IRS is an "invalid number". :bang:

Ugh, their stupid new ID verification process is a nightmare, I had to jump through eleven thousand different hoops for the privilege of setting up a payment plan though astonishingly they don't make me do any of that to just give them money!

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

docbeard posted:

Ugh, their stupid new ID verification process is a nightmare, I had to jump through eleven thousand different hoops for the privilege of setting up a payment plan though astonishingly they don't make me do any of that to just give them money!

yeah it's pretty discouraging so far, working as intended!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

good luck jobster

speng31b
May 8, 2010

aw frig aw dang it posted:

good potluck lobster

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Created three more job application accounts. So many passwords. I am declaring WAR on HR departments for making me do this. The gently caress do you people even do at this point. Just let me email a resume and then use your stupid eyes to read it you extremely bald mfs

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Created three more job application accounts. So many passwords. I am declaring WAR on HR departments for making me do this. The gently caress do you people even do at this point. Just let me email a resume and then use your stupid eyes to read it you extremely bald mfs

reading the resume is only something to do when sitting in the interview session with the person who is applying. they serve no other function these days.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

You are welcome, also good luck

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

its so loving annoying. especially from an infosec perspective because people reuse passwords all the time. just let me make one account with workday and apply to all the jobs using that. thank you.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the whole reason they wnt u to make accounts is to make u input your data for them + they probably share/sell data. they should just have a fillable pdf for the basic questions and then u email them that and the resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I just applied for a state job where I had to take an exam. Ive taken this exam prior where it was a face to face interview, but now it's just a self assessment where it asks "rate yr experience in this 1-5". So I did that, then it asks for a resume, then a seperate document for references, then a statement of qualifications which is a cover letter that addresses the jobs duty statement without regurgitating your resume, and then u also have to fill out the states online application which is just regurgitating poo poo from you're resume but u have more space