Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

my_custom_username posted:

haven't seen civil war yet but i know that map has been pissing people off for months. texas and cali linking up isn't the most absurd thing in the world honestly.
don't pay attention to the haters, they're just californians who hate that they've (correctly) been paired up with texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

don't pay attention to the haters, they're just californians who hate that they've (correctly) been paired up with texas.

California's enough of a population center that I wouldn't put it past the writers to intentionally set the alliance up this way to get people to hate view it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

True Western Alliancers I see.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
There has to be some mistake. We're New Vegas fans.

"Okay. What kind of mods for New Vegas do you use? You don't know?"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it just seems like the movie is not very interested in its own premise

A British liberal's take on a second US Civil War would be pigshit stupid anyway so it's probably for the best that the movie is (apparently) vague as gently caress about the social and political context of the war.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This has some of the best getting mad at what you imagine a thing is that I've seen in a long time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
idk, i'd rather watch something that belts out its bad politics from the back of its throat than quietly whispers a safe take, more interesting to watch

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

This has some of the best getting mad at what you imagine a thing is that I've seen in a long time

two things GG loves: the grunts in FF7 and Alex Garland

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

it just seems like the movie is not very interested in its own premise

the actual premise is "what if it was american sickos doing ethnic cleansing on each other."

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gumball Gumption posted:

stfu

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There has to be some mistake. We're New Vegas fans.

"Okay. What kind of mods for New Vegas do you use? You don't know?"

lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like getting mad to angry up the blood.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like to prove how much smarter I am than artists, before experiencing their work. Especially if I never actually experience it, and I'm only proving my intelligence to myself for no benefit .

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it doesn't look good sorry

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I like to prove how much smarter I am than artists, before experiencing their work. Especially if I never actually experience it, and I'm only proving my intelligence to myself for no benefit .

That's correct.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
decades of critical media analysis have given me the unique ability to watch a trailer and know whether or not something "looks good" or "looks bad"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it doesn't look good sorry

This. Im afraid to rewatch ex machina I remember liking it but everything else Garland has done has been a joke so ex machina probably blew too..

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Apparently Apple currently has a show about Benjamin Franklin going to France to petition them to help the war and he's played by Michael Douglas. Now that's some good poo poo to make up things to get mad about

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
So do it, get mad at it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

finally got to the Petticoat Junction part of the Beverly Hillbillies Youtube video

video has been delisted due to copyright claim by paramount

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Are the Beverly Hillbillies woke?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fits my needs posted:

video has been delisted due to copyright claim by paramount

I am so pissed off this isn't a joke. This is a real thing I'm mad at!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
What a bunch of loving assholes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I am so pissed off this isn't a joke. This is a real thing I'm mad at!!!

So do it, get mad at it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I did! I'm mad!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Fuckin steam coming outta my ears

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if you watched that video you must be slain

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if you watched that video you must be slain

I watched it and it was good. You are a hater and a loser.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it would be funny if the Copyright Strike was against the clips of MST3K referencing the Petticoat Junction theme

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yo, I heard this thread likes getting mad at TV.

You goons watching this show about Ewan McGregor experiencing the Russian revolution from the privacy of his all expenses paid hotel prison?

It's just like [checks notes] The White Lotus

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apparently Apple currently has a show about Benjamin Franklin going to France to petition them to help the war and he's played by Michael Douglas. Now that's some good poo poo to make up things to get mad about

They didn't keep Tom Wilkinson alive long enough to play Ben Franklin again. There, now you can be mad.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Tankbuster posted:

the actual premise is "what if it was american sickos doing ethnic cleansing on each other."

Yes but the ethnoi break down along the electoral map lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
is it really a show about ben franklin in france if it doesnt have him getting syphillius from all the french prostitutes he slept with

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Yes but the ethnoi break down along the electoral map lmao

given how little ethnic identity actually exists in america minus skin tone that makes as much sense as anything else. Either way, it won't be as fun as fallout.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

There is no loving way Arizona would remain with the United States. No loving way. I don’t care what their material interests are, they would still 100% try to form their own break-off republic.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

*President Trump Nick Offerman nukes Delaware*

[aide who says the titular line] Sir, I'm sure such a grave decision takes its toll, but remember we are fighting the righteous and also completely non-ideological cause in this Civil War (2024 Runtime:109 minutes).

[President Offerman] There's a civil war?

Nichael has issued a correction as of 20:25 on Apr 15, 2024

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"What's your favorite Fallout?"

wait i thought todd died at the end of breaking bad

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Nichael posted:

Are the Beverly Hillbillies woke?

granny is a chud

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

you haven't read hootington's post recently then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SomethingBeautiful posted:

granny is a chud

Is she based? Or groyper pilled?