Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Accipiter posted:

It always amazes me how often people jump from "I do this" to "therefore everyone does this."

I always have my weapon holstered unless I'm in combat. You run faster when you're not holding a weapon.

EDIT: Welp...

You don't need a mod for that unless you want it for everything. That's the default behavior for anything larger than one-handed weapons.

Presumably it makes you even faster, then? But really it does way way more than just that. It just happened to be a handy lil' perk in this whole modpack.

Sharkopath posted:

Really wierd post.

I still think the weirdest post ITT was the guy who was mad there were visual easter eggs to all the various in-world branded items.
edit; https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4056094&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post538904773 - :psyduck:
double edit; poo poo not even easter eggs, mad that actual in world serious tech is in the show

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

the first day after the show came out was people with rainbow flags and blm acting like the average star wars lynchmob. Guess the article will be a bunch of reddit talking points stapled together.

Accipiter posted:

It always amazes me how often people jump from "I do this" to "therefore everyone does this."

so cranky

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
sorry, I will take my smugness private.

Also hell yeah. Goosey Preset

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/80599

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Tankbuster posted:

the first day after the show came out was people with rainbow flags and blm acting like the average star wars lynchmob. Guess the article will be a bunch of reddit talking points stapled together.
:goonsay:

sounds like a mob of some sort

a woke mob

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah that looks pretty drat good for a fallout 4 model.

Although I think playing as The Ghoul would be far more fun.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

sorry, I will take my smugness private.

Also hell yeah. Goosey Preset

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/80599

drat, that's much better than my half assed quarter assed attempt at making a Goosey.
I already want to restart my new playthrough with different SPECIAL, but also ugh I don't want to deal with redoing everything I've done...

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wait a couple of weeks, the update is coming.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Yeah that looks pretty drat good for a fallout 4 model.

Although I think playing as The Ghoul would be far more fun.

Walton Goggins character pack, including voice lines. Would it be taken down immediately? Of course. Underground Goggins market. Keep circulating the tapes.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Aurubin posted:

Underground Goggins market. Keep circulating the tapes.

rear end jerky don't make itself.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wonder how ghoulggins and hancock would play off each other.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The details are trivial and pointless. The reasons, as always, purely human ones.

Where the gently caress was Ron Perlman he better show up next season as a wandering Narrator of the Wasteland.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 15, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

Where the gently caress was Ron Perlman he better show up next season as a wandering Narrator of the Wasteland.

Does war ever change? After watching this show I was still left very unsure. :ohdear:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The show is good and like many others I spent the weekend revisiting New Vegas only to be made bummed out that I doubt we see a new Fallout game until like 2030.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 16, 2024

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Arc Hammer posted:

As a Super Mutant. No CGI, just green body paint.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Ron Perlman replying on reddit to an adoring fan's question about whether he liked the Fallout games with "I've never played any video game, ever, you need to get out more, dude." is a moment that will always stay with me, and they need to find a way to have his character say it, ideally while staring directly into the camera

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

grobbo posted:

Ron Perlman replying on reddit to an adoring fan's question about whether he liked the Fallout games with "I've never played any video game, ever, you need to get out more, dude." is a moment that will always stay with me, and they need to find a way to have his character say it, ideally while staring directly into the camera

Ron Perlman invoking Alec Guinness right there. God I love him.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I started the show last night, so I'm only a single episode in and won't get to see anymore till the end of this week. But I'm already 100% hooked and super impressed with how perfectly they nailed the tone and atmosphere.

I haven't played Fallout 4 in quite a long time, but I did go ahead and finally take the plunge on Fallout 76 since its so massively discounted on the PS Store right now. I just wanted to walk around the Wasteland a little before watching it. That seemed to do the trick.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Doronin posted:

I haven't played Fallout 4 in quite a long time, but I did go ahead and finally take the plunge on Fallout 76 since its so massively discounted on the PS Store right now. I just wanted to walk around the Wasteland a little before watching it. That seemed to do the trick.

I've owned every Fallout game ever made for a long time EXCEPT 76. I have zero interest in online multiplayer anything.

I tried FO76 during a GamePass trial and spent some time constructing a settlement, only for it to vanish the next time I connected.

76 is a watered down Fallout 4 with lots of assholes, except these assholes are not at all well-written because they're just other players.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Accipiter posted:

76 is a watered down Fallout 4 with lots of assholes, except these assholes are not at all well-written because they're just other players.

When will real life people learn to be better written. :(

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lol
https://twitter.com/robots_radio/status/1779685638461100079

To be honest I thought they were going into the direction of Norm turning the Vault full fascist because of the raider prisoner problem, but he turned out to be a decent character

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

seaborgium posted:

I did like how the very first person Lucy meets outside she runs up with her gun pointing at them, like how a player is always running around with their gun out in the games. I know there's a way to holster it, but I don't think anyone who plays ever holsters it unless they have to.

You go 10% faster with your weapon holstered or some such in most games/mods

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

couldn't discuss the show for the first 24 hours after it came out because people were convinced todd howard spent a 150 million dollars specifically to gently caress with the bestest story ever written.

... gonna be honest, none of the mouth breathers I saw going full on "slay godd howard" were blm'd or rainbowed so as I saw.

Pretty weird post

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

If nothing else, I thought the Hollywood (Brought to you by Nuka-Cola) sign was pretty funny.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Not sure how I feel about this show. Huuuuge game fan but something isnt clicking with me.

The production is insanely on point, it all looks so good visually.

Overall sorta lacks a certain tongue in cheek irreverence for me. The writing hasnt really drawn me in and all feels a little too serious for a lot of it and when there is some goofiness it doesnt really land at all for me.

I also find the BOS kid extremely uncomfortable and weird to watch on screen. Just kind of a weird moron that Im not really invested in at all.

I enjoy it but not really chomping at the bits to watch the next episode.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Which episode are you on? I felt the same way about the humor and it improves but not by a whole lot. Some elements that seem stupid are often misdirections and are recontextualized (effectively!) by later events. Maximus' early scenes are rough because of the uninspired military school shenanigans but I ended up liking what they did with his character later.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the best gags are in Vault 4

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's not until episode 7 or 8 that they confirm Maximus is just a dumbass.

The hints that he's ruthlessly pursuing power for revenge made him out to be a totally different character.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

moths posted:

It's not until episode 7 or 8 that they confirm Maximus is just a dumbass.

The hints that he's ruthlessly pursuing power for revenge made him out to be a totally different character.

well they didn't fool me

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Gaspy Conana posted:

Which episode are you on? I felt the same way about the humor and it improves but not by a whole lot. Some elements that seem stupid are often misdirections and are recontextualized (effectively!) by later events. Maximus' early scenes are rough because of the uninspired military school shenanigans but I ended up liking what they did with his character later.

Episode 4 currently. I definitely like it but its just not grabbing me the way I would expect it to as a Fallout fan given its quality in general.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Bussamove posted:

More Chicken-fucker and his accidental ghoulification serum while we’re at it.

mister doctor professor fantastic, esquire.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1778189065759891959?t=_aNFFb9KuAq6p4pih-rbRA&s=19

Fallout fans are wonderful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna visit the Mojave one day, because of New Vegas and Desert Oracle Radio (the voice of the desert).

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Those cosplays are great. Love to see some of the unexpected costumes too, like the white glove society.

Mojave is a great trip too. Make sure you visit Zion national park while you're in the area.

Also, started to watch the show last night. Mostly liked it, especially in regards to production design. Pacing and dialogue were a little clunky though. Eager to see where it goes, but "From the creators of Westworld" might be a very telling warning sign.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

That's some top notch nerdin'.

Also, whoever owns that saloon in Goodsprings has to be very appreciative of New Vegas at this point.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Omg Boone and dinosaur

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sad that I didn't see a Malcolm Holmes in there chasing down everyone with star bottle caps.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Megazver posted:

That's some top notch nerdin'.

Also, whoever owns that saloon in Goodsprings has to be very appreciative of New Vegas at this point.

I visited that saloon a bunch of years ago and the woman that served me there said that the owner was annoyed that they didn't get any money from the usage of their place in the game. Which is more than a little silly because it's a historical landmark that's been there since the early 1900s.

Never mind the business the game has generated for them over the years. I mean poo poo, NV is the only reason I went to Goodsprings at all. So of course I popped in there for a couple of beers.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Aborted watching the show during episode two. Nice production values, but I can't get invested in the characters, or their portrayals.

And I like dumb stuff. This could just be too clever for me?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmaoing on the rewatch that maximus says he ate oysters and instantly takes a flirt option. :lmao:

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Tankbuster posted:

lmaoing on the rewatch that maximus says he ate oysters and instantly takes a flirt option. :lmao:

was he acting like a real blm or rainbow flag type