Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Grab a pumpkin soup too. It's 200g and a love gift for Sebastian whose birthday is two or three days after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

:hmmyes: Good advice, both! Thank you. Sebastian in particular also loves Sashimi and Frozen Tears and I have tons of those in reserve, but I'll make sure not to forget his birthday.

Clint's birthday iirc is also right around the festival, but he can just get a lump of coal as usual.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Penny got me a muffin for christmas. :3:

I need to actually decide if I'm going to marry anyone. First order of business when the first Spring crop comes in is going to be fully upgrading my barn and coop, now that I have two fishponds on the go for roe. Then I want to get the orchard at least started. I want one of each fruit tree in like a stripe down the middle of the farm. It's Winter 26 and I am filled with PLANS

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Silver Falcon posted:

Game's been stingy with the "green worms" for Powdermelons though! I only got 3 and I need 5 for the bundle.

Not sure if you have the greenhouse done or not, but the new neighbors you get afterwards sell powder melon seeds for pine cones. You might have to advance their quest first though.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

HopperUK posted:

Penny got me a muffin for christmas. :3:

I need to actually decide if I'm going to marry anyone

Part of me is sad that marriage is required for perfection by way of the stardrop that's locked behind 14 hearts. All the marriage candidates are (understandably) allosexual and my ace rear end can never completely vibe with them.

On the flip side, we do get Krobus. He's pretty cool.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

Not sure if you have the greenhouse done or not, but the new neighbors you get afterwards sell powder melon seeds for pine cones. You might have to advance their quest first though.

Eh? I do have the greenhouse. Haven't seen anything about new neighbors. What kind of neighbors? I haven't planned a housewarming gift!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
1.6 is never coming to Switch is it? :ohdear:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
God I hope it does. My steam deck x button just stopped working.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Oxyclean posted:

Snake Vertebrae sucks rear end to get. Its the last one we need for the Ginger Island completion, but the dig spots are so rare.

Meanwhile I just need the ribs. They did drop for me once, except my inventory was full and they fell in the river :negative:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cambria Bold posted:

Part of me is sad that marriage is required for perfection by way of the stardrop that's locked behind 14 hearts. All the marriage candidates are (understandably) allosexual and my ace rear end can never completely vibe with them.

On the flip side, we do get Krobus. He's pretty cool.

I hear you, I too am ace, but my little farmer is usually a different character to myself, so it's okay. My farmer right now is Pepper from Dodgeball. :3:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Wafflecopper posted:

Meanwhile I just need the ribs. They did drop for me once, except my inventory was full and they fell in the river :negative:

This exact thing happened to me once and ever since, my inventory is effectively 35 items not 36. I never ever let it get all the way full.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Silver Falcon posted:

Eh? I do have the greenhouse. Haven't seen anything about new neighbors. What kind of neighbors? I haven't planned a housewarming gift!

Not sure when it happens but after the greenhouse is fixed you should eventually get a pop up after going to bed that says something about a wind storm knocking down the giant tree to the left of Marnie's house. I think it takes 100 hardwood to fix before the new neighbors move in.

I think you have to do a quest or two before it unlocks their store. They mainly sell the various new wild seeds you find.

Edit: The quests involve delivering processed goods, including various crops of the seasons, so make sure you keep a stock of them. I think one of them involves pumpkin juice and pickled broccoli for example.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 15, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

eightysixed posted:

1.6 is never coming to Switch is it? :ohdear:

It's been like two weeks since the release and it seems like Barone didn't keep Podunkan [sp? the goon] on for more work so it'll probably take a while.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The baked-in requirement that you keep a small stash of every single item you ever come across because you'll probably need it at some future time... that is probably my least favorite thing about Stardew Valley.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Eric the Mauve posted:

The baked-in requirement that you keep a small stash of every single item you ever come across because you'll probably need it at some future time... that is probably my least favorite thing about Stardew Valley.

You'll love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCIjqkak67w

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PC 1.6 release was almost a month ago (March 19). The last big update was about 8 weeks from PC to Console release, so I'd wager it's going to drop on console in 2 to 4 weeks from now.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

This exact thing happened to me once and ever since, my inventory is effectively 35 items not 36. I never ever let it get all the way full.

If I try that what will happen is the bone fragments will get sucked into my one inventory space and the ribs will fall in the river again. I’m making sure I have a full row free

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PC 1.6 release was almost a month ago (March 19). The last big update was about 8 weeks from PC to Console release, so I'd wager it's going to drop on console in 2 to 4 weeks from now.

:pray:

I tried starting a new farm on Switch the other day to see if that would get 1.6 released for consoles. Didn't work. :v:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Eric the Mauve posted:

you don’t need to do this. You can just get the item when you do need it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sorry but those are my emotional support six chests of items I'll literally never need but keep around anyway

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Radia posted:

you don’t need to do this. You can just get the item when you do need it.

Not if I can't grow it for another 2 seasons

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Eric the Mauve posted:

that's okay. you can grow it in 2 seasons

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sorry the item sitting in my journal unable to be dealt with is like sandpaper on my brain

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Eric the Mauve posted:

Sorry the item sitting in my journal unable to be dealt with is like sandpaper on my brain

I guess I should get around to introducing myself to every villager now that it's year 3.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Eric the Mauve posted:

unless you're a compulsive item hoarder ever since watching your sister complete the original tomb raider games using only pistols and no medikits in which case you feel rewarded when you need a yam or whatever out of season

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

Not sure when it happens but after the greenhouse is fixed you should eventually get a pop up after going to bed that says something about a wind storm knocking down the giant tree to the left of Marnie's house. I think it takes 100 hardwood to fix before the new neighbors move in.

I think you have to do a quest or two before it unlocks their store. They mainly sell the various new wild seeds you find.

Edit: The quests involve delivering processed goods, including various crops of the seasons, so make sure you keep a stock of them. I think one of them involves pumpkin juice and pickled broccoli for example.

Hmmmmm. Okay. Very interesting. Haven't had the tree fall over yet.

OH also you know how some bundles have the thing where it'll show you 4 items you need to complete it but you only actually have to turn in two?

I made the Plum Pudding and Stuffing after finally getting the Queen of Sauce recipe and making friends with Pam, went to stuff them in the bundle before going to the Skull Cavern... only to discover the Winter Star Bundle only needs 2 things. Durrrr. So yeah the Community Center is now complete!

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's a late-game solution, but it does exist: in Qi's Walnut Room on Ginger Island you can get Pierre's Stock List, which makes him sell every seed in every season. Out of season seeds will have a bit of a markup, but it's trivial at that point in the game. Then you can grow the seeds either in the greenhouse or on the Island farm.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The new game I started is designed to literally save every item (except stuff that you can't save but you can always put it on a sign!)

I also did not have money to buy a rare seed then it wasn't in stock the last two times pig lady was around and now I can't finish the rare bundle so no greenhouse. I have not found the ancient seed in this save despite some other good luck drops. This save was done with 1/4 prices for farm stuff so there is no money for anything and I have to play smart and hard. It's great even if it is a bunch of work and I'm way behind the big money farm I am doing with my wife that got started at the same time.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Oxyclean posted:

Snake Vertebrae sucks rear end to get. Its the last one we need for the Ginger Island completion, but the dig spots are so rare.

Yeah I had to use the totem from Foraging Mastery to get one

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
I feel like the dehydrator isn't worth the cost to build vs just dumping everything into kegs, so went looking for nerds who'd done the actual math... Years later and people STILL can't agree whether kegs are better than preserves jars, much less how dehydrators fit in!

Preserves jars are faster, so more $/day, but wine can be aged, but the TIME tho, one can be easier to build than the other, "I don't wanna refill things tho", [Fruit] takes x days to harvest so the jars will be empty for x days anyway, dehydrators need 5 items vs just 1... round and round, charts and equations, OpinionsTM :words:

Fruit goes in Kegs
Roe goes in Jars
Dehydrator is for Raisins (for Junimos)
Vegetables exist for Recipes and otherwise not growing

The (freebie) Smoker lives by my fish ponds so I can toss Lava Eels and Sturgeon into it as soon as they spawn

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If you don't care about how soon you get the money kegs win over everything ever always. I mean except super low value stuff that you shouldn't be wasting time/space/energy growing anyway.

In the first year there is a window during which money is tight enough that you want it now instead of 4 days from now. But that window is narrow, and also coal is an extremely precious resource in early game and Preserves Jars require a whopping 8 coal apiece to make. So in practice the jars' only real purpose in minmaxland is roe->caviar.

But in early game if you have more coal than oak resin and not enough kegs to process your crops, then sure preserves jars are better than nothing.

e: having some jars around to shove Crystal Fruits into that you get from winter foraging is nice, they have enough value for it to matter.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

Vegetables exist for Recipes and otherwise not growing

I don't have enough kegs and jars to keep up with my greenhouse full of ancient fruit and pomegranates yet, let alone processing anything grown outdoors. I have a whole bunch of tillable sprinklered land outside and it's very little work to plant and harvest a couple of crops of caulis/melons/pumpkins per season and they still sell for a significant amount of cash unprocessed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
once I hit infinite coal from crab pots (and incidental mining) I smoke all the lobsters, sell all the clams and snails and shrimp and the other one, and sashimi the other trash shellfish if I can be assed

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

I don't have enough kegs and jars to keep up with my greenhouse full of ancient fruit and pomegranates yet, let alone processing anything grown outdoors. I have a whole bunch of tillable sprinklered land outside and it's very little work to plant and harvest a couple of crops of caulis/melons/pumpkins per season and they still sell for a significant amount of cash unprocessed

Not Enough Kegs is a solvable problem with stacks of acorns and tree fertilizer. Plant an oak forest by the bathhouse, in the quarry, and on the beach, if your farm's out of room. (Eventually you'll have enough oak resin and then will replace it with a keg forest.)

I mean obviously that's kind of extreme minmaxing but if you're trying to fill out all the cheevos including the ones that require you make a hundred mil, that's how you do it without it taking 45 years.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Not Enough Kegs is a solvable problem with stacks of acorns and tree fertilizer. Plant an oak forest by the bathhouse, in the quarry, and on the beach, if your farm's out of room. (Eventually you'll have enough oak resin and then will replace it with a keg forest.)

I mean obviously that's kind of extreme minmaxing but if you're trying to fill out all the cheevos including the ones that require you make a hundred mil, that's how you do it without it taking 45 years.

Yeah I'm working on it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh nice, a mod to make an icon appear on empty casks, kegs and jars

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/22598

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Apologies for stealing from re*dit, but it made me laugh.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just realized I'm on summer year 3 and I still haven't had a comet crash down on my farm

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I've had the witch visit twice. Both times she hit the coop.

That's really the only special event I've seen so far.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Man, reaching skull mine floor 200 is hard

I was a little late starting (just after 7am I think) but I had max daily luck, the luck charm, the statue blessing for extra ladders and shafts, ample bombs, and one magic rock candy until it ran out and spicy eel after that, and still only got to 163. Probably spent a little too long hoovering up iridium ore instead of running straight to the next level. I did come back with a haul of 415 iridium ore and 4 prismatic shards though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Can anyone see what I'm missing from my museum collection? The collections pages for artifacts and minerals are both full but Gunther won't cough up his stardrop and the achievement won't fire