Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

the sight of the masses of palestinians marching to northern gaza returning to their homes wothout a ceasefire and despite every attempt by the israelis to scare them off and that they are by and large unafraid is one of the most moving scenes of the human spirit and bravery and sheer humanity overcoming fascist barbarism i have ever witnessed. god bless the palestinian people, the greatest most brave people on the planet. god bless them. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I think the reason israel didn't respond immediately (and I think there's a chance they will never meaningfully do so) is that Iran showed that a fraction of its old poo poo telegraphed hours in advance could hit wherever they wanted. those missiles passed over tel aviv for a reason.

it's a pretty big damned flex to say "I'm going to shoot you in 2 days, try to stop me" and then for the shooting to still happen

There is no amount of posturing that can make that look anything other than a terrifying display of martial power

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DynamicSloth posted:

Today he's calling for the IRGC to be designated a terror group.

Yeah, today the talking heads have been ping ponging between "lol Iran is a joke" and "zomg Iran must be destroyed"

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

https://x.com/lowkey0nline/status/1780003782891339926?s=46

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Most people seem to figure that the point of the attack wasn't to do real damage (elements of it may have been pre-negotiated with the Americans, such as the timing and the targets). The point of the attack could have been to score a political victory for Iran by demonstrating resolve in the face of Israeli aggression, solidarity with their allies in the region as well as a demonstration of the technological advancements that Iran has made.

Iran demonstrated that even with advanced warning and full regional support Israel cannot protect its military assets from attack using a fraction of Iran's weapons.

The myth of Israeli invincibility has been shattered. They're vulnerable and everyone knows it now. Thats a hell of a thing

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

Iran demonstrated that even with advanced warning and full regional support Israel cannot protect its military assets from attack using a fraction of Iran's weapons.

The myth of Israeli invincibility has been shattered. They're vulnerable and everyone knows it now. Thats a hell of a thing

I mean yeah, but it's really not about what was hit. Getting the last missile in your volley shot down by the last interceptor would probably be the biggest flex you could do

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Nice man made horror beyond my comprehension you got there

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

err posted:

out of his depth

Kiddie pool.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al! posted:

i think they want to pretend that iran is a slavering horde and just kind of does things arbitrarily like a ghost or a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLHeMzjQ29E&t=30s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i was actually referencing charles barkley

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah, today the talking heads have been ping ponging between "lol Iran is a joke" and "zomg Iran must be destroyed"

a sort of continuous shifting of rhetorical focus

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

seems like that'd be a bit of an escalation

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1780001235816603904

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
what's up, my koshies?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Ultimately if the Iranians can blow up buildings in an airbase (which is going to have one of the highest densities of protection), it means they can hit everything else as well including power plants, command and control, and infrastructure. An even larger scale attack is going to be harder even to deal with which means more hits.

(Also, the Iranians have clearly been building new factories, and stockpiling drones and missiles beyond what they have been selling to the Russians. In part it is probably why they have been rather quiet, they just been building up.)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Cauing a meltdown wouldn't be good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dixon Chisholm posted:

what's up, my koshies?

i do feel the need to point out that Shalom and its variants (Sholem, Salam, Shlomo etc.) just means "peace" and isnt an uncommon name

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

LOL thar was not what I was expecting. I mean I knew eventually Israel would piss them off, too, but I didn't expect it like that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

any time I read the word 'terror' in an article written by an Israeli I read it in Sharon's voice

teh-OHHHH ballons

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Oh? The thing Israel has been trying to rope the US into since... like 2003? No! Surely they wouldn't....

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

i do feel the need to point out that Shalom and its variants (Sholem, Salam, Shlomo etc.) just means "peace" and isnt an uncommon name

shlomo is a variant of shalom? thats neat. are they related to solomon? im not surprised shalom is a name.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Jel Shaker posted:

I really hope that the USA doesn’t look at Irans recent successes and decides that the inter ballistic missile treaties just aren’t working for them anymore

Good news, America withdrew from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty in 2018

OctaMurk posted:

remmbering that america stopped maintaining iraqs f-16s and their abrams so theyre now useless

I understand they are servicing the F-16s again, but if they do stop long term there is no reason beyond racism to think Iraq cannot service their own planes. One only has to look at Iran's F-14s. As far as Abrams, it might not be economically viable at least to service their gas turbines but they can just slap a diesel into them. It's been done before.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Canada offered to send aid to relieve Gordon ... and didn't have the means

Not one single twink?!

Palladium posted:

newsweek: biden's masterstroke by launching a war with iran to ensure trump's upcoming defeat

You joke, but this current war with Palestine, because it involves Israel, is the only war Donald the Dove cannot criticize Biden on freely.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Dunno what IKEA has to do with this now but go ahead I guess

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Weka posted:

Not one single twink?!

lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al! posted:

i was actually referencing charles barkley

Not actually a dog

Dixon Chisholm posted:

shlomo is a variant of shalom? thats neat. are they related to solomon? im not surprised shalom is a name.

Same root.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0-L-M

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WorldWarNow_/status/1779922719045226696?t=3emGy89g4hH1lbIkmgi2vQ&s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Somebody's about to do a bit of a fuckup, huh?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

nice meltdown

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

drat Iran pulling the trigger on the r word first

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

the sight of the masses of palestinians marching to northern gaza returning to their homes wothout a ceasefire and despite every attempt by the israelis to scare them off and that they are by and large unafraid is one of the most moving scenes of the human spirit and bravery and sheer humanity overcoming fascist barbarism i have ever witnessed. god bless the palestinian people, the greatest most brave people on the planet. god bless them. :unsmith:

gently caress yeah Alhamdulillah

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
so uh are Palestinians starving to death in mass while we’re all distracted with the IOF war with Iran

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

You are every bit as credulous as a meemaw on Facebook.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

i agree w the spokesamn

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mods??

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Good Citizen posted:

drat Iran pulling the trigger on the r word first

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Cauing a meltdown wouldn't be good

Buddy there's been one going on since Oct 7

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

isretard lul

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Nix Panicus posted:

Iran put out over a hundred ballistic missiles against the unknown capabilities of the Arrow II/III; Iranian strategic planners were evidently expecting a penetrative saturation attack and this did not pan out. More to the point, it had never even been in question by any side that an actual maximum effort BM attack by Iran would be devastating - but with the performance of Arrow here that's not so much now, which if anything only emboldens the Israelis.

But this is all moot because Iran knows the Israeli response to a maximum effort attack would include a nuclear barrage. Nobody's looking to shatter that "myth".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

lmao

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

Iran put out over a hundred ballistic missiles against the unknown capabilities of the Arrow II/III; Iranian strategic planners were evidently expecting a penetrative saturation attack and this did not pan out. More to the point, it had never even been in question by any side that an actual maximum effort BM attack by Iran would be devastating - but with the performance of Arrow here that's not so much now, which if anything only emboldens the Israelis.

But this is all moot because Iran knows the Israeli response to a maximum effort attack would include a nuclear barrage. Nobody's looking to shatter that "myth".

syq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Did they really call iof the r word