Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sebmojo posted:

i think they already made that game, (counts on fingers) five times, plus dlc

that's too much material to buy into and play with my existing backlog. I'm just gonna wait for the real thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sebmojo posted:

i just realised doom guy is jesus, this changes a lot of things

doomguy is a devout catholic and thats canon

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(not reading any of this)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sebmojo posted:

i just realised doom guy is jesus, this changes a lot of things

He's canonically a volcel and Catholic iirc, he fits the job requirements for Pope better than a lot of Popes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

docbeard posted:

Chick Tract in which someone says "so do you want to hear about the REAL helldiver?"

the final boss of Helldivers is the Pope.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

He's canonically a volcel and Catholic iirc, he fits the job requirements for Pope better than a lot of Popes

hes what FF wishes his life could have been

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Doomguy is so badass that he doesn't even need a helmet when battling the demons of heck, but he chooses to wear one because it has an internal wine and wafer dispenser.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Good ol' high explosive, nothing beats high explosive

When I restart because my early game is hosed because I wanted to try out everything I could, I'm thinking of turning on the "Psi only works on line-of-sight" option, for the twin reasons that it's not terribly fun even when you get it and turn the tables, and the biggest reason which is to not have to do all the tedious things you have to do to prevent one of your guys getting taken over and realizing how powerful high explosives are. The counterpoint of course is that it would make me a weak baby gamer, hmmmm

There's a lot of encounters it would almost trivialize, but then again this modpack is significantly more difficult in basically every other way

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
RIP AND PRAYER

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Al! posted:

RIP AND PRAYER

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd really like a mod that lets my soldiers underhand throw things so that they don't just get confused and scratch their rear end whenever something is in the way of a perfectly ballistic trajectory, like to pull an example out of thin air when you land at a landed very large and there's a tank right under your craft's nose and you don't even have laser weapons yet

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I demand more softball pitches in the military

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Al! posted:

RIP AND PRAYER

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

RIP AND PRAYER

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

doomguy lost his poo poo when they updated his suit OS from latin to english

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Catholic Doomguy
Jewish Wolfenstein guy
Eastern Orthodox Quake guy
Southern Baptist Duke Nukem
Episcopalian Goldeneye 64 guy
Enlightened atheist Half-Life guy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

wouldn't james bond be anglican

e: oh they're the same thing

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Doom guy getting pious

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

blood guy gives big ups to the big man, satan, after every kill

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sorry, caleb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

his name is Caleb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

come on al

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Al! posted:

blood guy gives big ups to the big man, satan, after every kill

Pulls a chair round to sit on it backwards, it disintegrates instantly in his huge, terrible hands

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

confession time blood 2 had these spider enemies that would creep around silently until they hit you and latched onto your head and injected poison. if you didn't spot them in time your vision would go topsy turvy and you'd just see the giant spindly spider legs fill your view and this high pitched squealing noise. as a kid I had to turn on noclip to skip through their areas because they scared the loving poo poo out of me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you just had to mash space for like a second to pull them off but I didn't care. it was the stuff of nightmares to me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

blasphemous looks cool, thanks for the rec

edit: seems sort of easy but the gameplay is nice

edit: this game is hard, am i going the wrong way

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Buck Wildman posted:

confession time blood 2 had these spider enemies that would creep around silently until they hit you and latched onto your head and injected poison. if you didn't spot them in time your vision would go topsy turvy and you'd just see the giant spindly spider legs fill your view and this high pitched squealing noise. as a kid I had to turn on noclip to skip through their areas because they scared the loving poo poo out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEWx4Kb9oO4

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

i can instantly recall the squealing, purring spiders in system shock 2. the actual models werent that scary but the sounds they made really fuckin got to me

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

RIP AND PRAYER

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

system shock 2 protagonist is a transhumanist buddhist btw

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And that's a wrap for Cyberpunk 2077. I'll definitely do another playthrough, but not right away.

Got what I think was a reasonably happy ending all things considered V running off to live out the time she's got left with the Aldecados in the Arizona desert.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

docbeard posted:

And that's a wrap for Cyberpunk 2077. I'll definitely do another playthrough, but not right away.

Got what I think was a reasonably happy ending all things considered V running off to live out the time she's got left with the Aldecados in the Arizona desert.

congrats it's a really good time and there's lots of fun ways to build your skills so another go is definitely warranted. what's next on the agenda for you

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Buck Wildman posted:

those things would have been scarier if they weren’t in such a turd of a game

blood 2 SUCKED

i hope nightdive remasters it :yum:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my favorite old school rooty shooty game will always be hexen

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

congrats it's a really good time and there's lots of fun ways to build your skills so another go is definitely warranted. what's next on the agenda for you

Yeah! I had a lot of fun with it! Went all in-your-face shotguns this time so I'll probably try something stealthier the next go around when I get there.

As for what's next...

Fallout (or Wasteland) are definitely on the brain for obvious reasons, and I'm feeling like the OG version of either has the most appeal right now. Wasteland is the first CRPG I ever beat (though not the first one I ever played) so I'm leaning that way.

Also been mildly considering a revisit of Space Rangers 2 (for something completely different).

And I haven't totally abandoned the idea of digging up Neuromancer but I'm a bit cyberpunked out at the moment

Next Big New Game will probably be Baldur's Gate 3.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i like tbe games hexen inspired more than the game itself. doom will always be the locus on which the fps genre is aligned

kabaa : black stone :: icon of sin : john romeros head

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

docbeard posted:

That ending definitely seems like the most obvious choice, since the Aldecados are basically the only group V forms a deep connection with, and their side-quest storyline has the best ending (where things basically work out, which really surprised me given how the Judy quests go - and frankly most Cyberpunk quests lol).

If you include the PL endings, I feel like there are only two endings that could reasonably be considered "good," and one of those is hurt by the fact that the game's tone acts like you should consider it 100% bad (even though it's factually pretty hopefully and good). One is the Star ending you mention (where, even if V dies, he/she will do so surrounded by family and friends).

The other (which I'm putting in separate spoilers in case you don't want some of the other endings spoiled) is the PL ending where you're "cured," but at the cost of your combat implants. The game makes you feel like complete poo poo about this (with literally all of your connections blowing you off and/or having had their lives go to poo poo), but Misty points out that there's nothing wrong with just being "another face in the crowd." So V could go on to meet new people and have a new life after that ending. Unlike even a hypothetical better version of the Arasaka ending (where they actually succeeded in curing you), you're not stuck owing anyone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I enjoyed all the CP2077 endings, but GODDAMN that mission at the end where you rescue Songbird from the AI core and you're hunted by the Cerberus robot has got to be the worst mission in the game.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hellDEIvers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/PunishedLobster/status/1780005064859324766