Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Please don't doxx the DnD mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

imagine how many more drones china could produce than america if needed lmao

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
drat there was like 13 pages of discourse since like this morning, are we in the cool zone now

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

incredibly lmao when you know these operatorz guys nearly got wiped out on day 0 by hez tunnels at the border in 2006

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MahmoudAbed_sm/status/1779791427511157141

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i googled it it's just a thing going around lovely social media sites like this one

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lmfao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you are dumb

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

That's Iraq, but I believe the history of the Jews in Iran, of which there are still many, dates to it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Iran put out over a hundred ballistic missiles against the unknown capabilities of the Arrow II/III; Iranian strategic planners were evidently expecting a penetrative saturation attack and this did not pan out. More to the point, it had never even been in question by any side that an actual maximum effort BM attack by Iran would be devastating - but with the performance of Arrow here that's not so much now, which if anything only emboldens the Israelis.

But this is all moot because Iran knows the Israeli response to a maximum effort attack would include a nuclear barrage. Nobody's looking to shatter that "myth".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Conspiratiorist posted:

These were planned, well-organized terrorist attacks - they could've chosen to focus on military targets, and they in fact successfully overran and seized multiple IDF outposts and bases while beating an active duty battalion and several special forces elements with a fraction of the combat power they committed to the operation, but instead of pressing that advantage they made the conscious choice of systematically committing atrocities.

This poo poo wasn't some "inevitable" consequence of the conditions of the occupation. Hamas had a choice that could've led them to control of a brigade's worth of captured equipment and dozens to hundreds of high value Israeli military hostages which they could leverage while preserving their international credibility. Hell, they could've even seized towns from Israeli police and then just not massacred the civilian populations, demonstrating their only intent is ending the occupation, but no, instead they decided to take on the role of one of the greatest criminals in recent history. Right next to the IDF.

Conspiratiorist posted:

It was a nihilistic and suicidal move. There were actual active attacks on IDF forces that were extremely successful and could've further benefitted from the resources instead tasked into literal death squads. If they'd dumped every rocket and sent every dude assigned to terrorizing civilians to gently caress up IDF southern command they could've overrun the entire fence line position, achieving an unheralded defeat directly into the forces of the occupation itself while accomplishing their political goals.

Instead they've made not just Hamas but the entire resistance axis across both banks out to be cross-generational monsters.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
constipationist

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

constipationist

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hamas did nothing wrong on October 7th

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1779990904792645730?t=2266_wUbxq-FeCxS7f0qWw&s=19

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

E2M2 posted:

drat there was like 13 pages of discourse since like this morning, are we in the cool zone now

Depends if the occupiers actually decide they're going to risk anything for once. It's one thing to murder people who can't fight back, but if they want to pull in actual american support beyond billions of dollars and gigatons of munitions they'll have to actually hit somebody they think will pull in america, which if it's Iran will cause them to counter. And they need to shift the focus off genocide which this sort of support can't help with so great.

It'd be an effective counterattack, tho. They would have to strike Iran in a way they can publicly attribute to themselves, right, because it would undermine their perceived ability to protect their constituency. Destabilize them internally. So no top secret 69x mossad commando strike 420° no scope missions, if that was ever real, it has to be something they claim? And it has to be something that pulls Biden in.

Which Iran would strike against, if they don't have the ability to defend in the first place, and are threatening to punitively strike even if they do. Is this the trade they're willing to make? Can they effectively fight in a situation where they're not the bully? (genocide is not a schoolyard shoving match but,) Clearly Iran is able to be like "ok hardball? gently caress you, international trade thru suez is over. gently caress you, xyz military targets are blown up."

If it's not Iran, who can they try and rile up a fight with?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

constipationist

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I read this in Chris Parnell‘s voice.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Conspiratiorist posted:

Iran put out over a hundred ballistic missiles against the unknown capabilities of the Arrow II/III; Iranian strategic planners were evidently expecting a penetrative saturation attack and this did not pan out. More to the point, it had never even been in question by any side that an actual maximum effort BM attack by Iran would be devastating - but with the performance of Arrow here that's not so much now, which if anything only emboldens the Israelis.

But this is all moot because Iran knows the Israeli response to a maximum effort attack would include a nuclear barrage. Nobody's looking to shatter that "myth".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Why the gently caress are you in this thread

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

constipationist

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Is there an apology form for Hamas?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Regarde Aduck posted:

Why the gently caress are you in this thread

tatankatonk posted:

so funny to realize that guys with ukraine avatars lurk this thread until they just cant take it anymore and have to say that, in fact, Israel is a beautiful strong technology leader

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Is there an apology form for Hamas?

no one ever doubted hamas

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I read this in Chris Parnell‘s voice.

Jerry, Cyril, Doctor Spaceman or Garth?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hamas marches on tel aviv in ten days

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I'm not seeing a salute here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

tatankatonk posted:

so funny to realize that guys with ukraine avatars lurk this thread until they just cant take it anymore and have to say that, in fact, Israel is a beautiful strong technology leader

Hey now. I'm lurking the thread and can't take it anymore and am now here to say gently caress Israel.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
im lurking the thread and i have to say, "this israel place seems bad I think they should go away"

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Valleyant posted:

im lurking the thread and i have to say, "this israel place seems bad I think they should go away"

poo poo this is better than what I said can I have a do over?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

This is not me trolling, I’m legitimately earnest in this: am I like the only person here who is of the opinion that Russia are the territorial aggressors & very much in the wrong (and that Ukraine is definitely being illegally attacked and war crimed) and also that Israel is an evil apartheid war criming ethnostate currently doing a genocide??

I’m so confused about the Russia Ukraine thing. What am I missing about them that would make me say “oh, Ukraine has been doing something that actually does justify Russia’s action over the last couple years”?? I feel like I’ve got a huge blind spot here somehow.

anyone that can look at Palestine and have confusion can eat a fist tho obvi

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

madmatt112 posted:

This is not me trolling, I’m legitimately earnest in this: am I like the only person here who is of the opinion that Russia are the territorial aggressors & very much in the wrong (and that Ukraine is definitely being illegally attacked and war crimed) and also that Israel is an evil apartheid war criming ethnostate currently doing a genocide??

I’m so confused about the Russia Ukraine thing. What am I missing about them that would make me say “oh, Ukraine has been doing something that actually does justify Russia’s action over the last couple years”?? I feel like I’ve got a huge blind spot here somehow.

lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

madmatt112 posted:

I’m so confused about the Russia Ukraine thing. What am I missing

let me help you out with that. you’re in the wrong thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

madmatt112 posted:

You're the only one who thinks that op. What is wrong with you.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

madmatt112 posted:

wtf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

madmatt112 posted:

this is something you should go talk about in the ukraine thread