Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Khanstant posted:

Could they make such a card that had 0 mana cost as opposed to no mana cost, is that a meaningful distinction by the rules? I think it's a very bad idea to print or design a free casting card, just curious if a colorless 0 circle would be anything.

There's plenty of cards that cost {0}. A lot of them are bad because they still cost a card to play.

e: https://scryfall.com/search?q=mana%3D0

More playable cards than I thought but still quite a few stinkers.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Still having fun with the artifact draft, this is one of the best limited events we've had in ages. My first trophy with this deck, I guess you will all be surprised to hear that Angel of Invention is nutso. Bit light on 2-drops but luckily I didn't play against too much Boros. Shoutout to Chrome Courier: mana fixing, life gain and card advantage AND it holds a bonesplitter pretty well too.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 12, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I loving love the idea for this deck. roundabout theft win shenanigans is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhtdLl1QJAc&hd=1

I don't know if it'll have any semblance of legs in standard but it's still a really, really funny deck. and it can absolutely be improved by adding more things to bounce the greed back to your hand.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

There's plenty of cards that cost {0}. A lot of them are bad because they still cost a card to play.

e: https://scryfall.com/search?q=mana%3D0

More playable cards than I thought but still quite a few stinkers.

Yeah pretty impressive how many of these I wouldn't put on any of my decks even if I were allowed. There are some fun looking ones though.

The kobolds just have great art and I wanna find a home for them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Invictus posted:

I loving love the idea for this deck. roundabout theft win shenanigans is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhtdLl1QJAc&hd=1

I don't know if it'll have any semblance of legs in standard but it's still a really, really funny deck. and it can absolutely be improved by adding more things to bounce the greed back to your hand.

Standard is going to be very, very weird by the time we get to rotation at the end of the year. There is a huge pool of cards available, I don't envy the folks trying to figure out the meta for MTG in general, much less a given tournament. That said, this is a very funny deck to watch being played.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bless Jim Davis and his brews.

Standard in rotation is going to slap. When a new set drops we get 2-3 weeks of people trying out wild poo poo until things settle back into familiar decks with one or two new ones in the mix. A few weeks ago was regularly seeing GW Enchantments of all things show up frequently after a decent absence.

When we lose a lot of the core structure of those decks, will be fun to see how many if any actually go away. Personally egging for Domain Ramp to gently caress off.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Khanstant posted:

Could they make such a card that had 0 mana cost as opposed to no mana cost, is that a meaningful distinction by the rules? I think it's a very bad idea to print or design a free casting card, just curious if a colorless 0 circle would be anything.

These are already on arena lol. They are all fine. Bauble is good but by no means broken. Great staple to have. Ornithopter is good in certain decks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Time posted:

Bauble is good but by no means broken.

It was really funny that Arena day 1 banned Bauble in Historic because ????

Part of the joy of Timeless was a bunch of people going "aw yiss we can play bauble now"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Time posted:

These are already on arena lol. They are all fine. Bauble is good but by no means broken. Great staple to have. Ornithopter is good in certain decks

Even Lotus and the original 5 Moxen are on Arena, albeit only in Alchemy/Brawl/Timeless (I think)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shooting Blanks posted:

Even Lotus and the original 5 Moxen are on Arena, albeit only in Alchemy/Brawl/Timeless (I think)

"on arena" is maybe doing more work than it should; you can only get those cards in your deck if you play a bird that conjures them into your deck during gameplay

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Time posted:

Lmao I now remember at a FNM one of the earliest I ever went to someone was all excited for me because I had pulled one of those, and this other guy was annoyed they reprinted it since he had a few of the old ones and didn't sell at old price.

I think I ended up giving it to someone because I got a second one in my draft win pack.

I also know I've seen ornithopter in events on Arena so idk why I was blanking so hard both forgetting they exist and thinking they'd break because of some combo engine with 0 mana cards going infinite somehow.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Eeevil posted:

I'm a big fan of Chandra, Hope's Beacon land destruction for red. Here's my current build if you want a starting point

Commander
1 Chandra, Hope's Beacon (MOM) 134

Deck
1 Melt Through (Y23) 10
1 Torch the Tower (WOE) 153
1 Strangle (SNC) 125
1 Strike It Rich (MH2) 143
1 Chandra's Triumph (WAR) 121
1 Voltage Surge (NEO) 171
1 Reckless Impulse (VOW) 174
1 Wrenn's Resolve (MOM) 173
1 Young Pyromancer (JMP) 372
1 You Find Some Prisoners (HBG) 196
1 Brotherhood's End (BRO) 128
1 Flick a Coin (WOE) 128
1 Howl of the Horde (KTK) 112
1 Light Up the Stage (RNA) 107
1 Nahiri's Warcrafting (MOM) 155
1 Rebel Salvo (ONE) 144
1 Plundering Barbarian (AFR) 158
1 Seize the Spoils (KHM) 149
1 Tectonic Rift (M20) 161
1 Big Score (SNC) 102
1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance (KLR) 117
1 Demolish (WAR) 123
1 Fire of Orthanc (LTR) 127
1 Volcanic Spite (MOM) 170
1 Rubble Reading (RNA) 110
1 Seismic Shift (DAR) 141
1 Smashing Success (KHM) 151
1 Burn Down the House (MID) 131
1 Bonehoard Dracosaur (LCI) 134
1 Urabrask (MOM) 169
1 Unexpected Windfall (HBG) 192
1 By Force (AKR) 144
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance (NEO) 276
1 Arcane Signet (ANB) 117
1 Mind Stone (WTH) 153
1 Guardian Idol (JMP) 467
1 The Irencrag (WOE) 248
1 Treasure Map (XLN) 250
1 The Celestus (MID) 252
1 Worn Powerstone (USG) 318
1 Hedron Archive (JMP) 468
1 Ugin, the Ineffable (WAR) 2
1 Cityscape Leveler (BRO) 233
1 God-Pharaoh's Statue (WAR) 238
1 Chimil, the Inner Sun (LCI) 249
1 The Mightstone and Weakstone (BRO) 238
1 Faceless Haven (KHM) 255
1 Mishra's Foundry (BRO) 265
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (THS) 223
1 Demolition Field (BRO) 260
1 Field of Ruin (THB) 242
1 Abrade (VOW) 139
1 Goldspan Dragon (KHM) 139
1 Coldsteel Heart (CSP) 136
32 Snow-Covered Mountain (KHM) 283
1 Frost Bite (KHM) 138
1 Demon Bolt (KHM) 129
1 Crush the Weak (KHM) 128
1 Dual Strike (KHM) 132
1 Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer (MUL) 86
1 Blitz of the Thunder-Raptor (IKO) 109
1 Fiery Impulse (ORI) 145
1 Den of the Bugbear (AFR) 254
1 Torch the Witness (MKM) 146
1 Thrill of Possibility (ONE) 151
1 Pirate's Pillage (RIX) 109
1 Goblin Ruinblaster (ZEN) 127
1 Spikefield Hazard (ZNR) 166

E: just remembered I got the idea from a CovertGoBlue video if you want to see a version in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj-O3aBt5qM
reminds me I should craft Sundering Titan

I took this for a spin and it's a ton of fun, I love it. I had a game against one of the Narset commanders, the hexproof one, and I kept blowing up their blue lands every time I got a chance. No counterspells/digging allowed! I swapped in a Stone Rain for extra land hate.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Horace Kinch posted:

I took this for a spin and it's a ton of fun, I love it. I had a game against one of the Narset commanders, the hexproof one, and I kept blowing up their blue lands every time I got a chance. No counterspells/digging allowed! I swapped in a Stone Rain for extra land hate.

Didn't even notice it doesn't have Stone Rain, I need to add that in. If you want even more degeneracy, Blood Moon is legal in Brawl, so you can wreck basically every multicolor deck.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
It also doesn't have lightning bolt, all my rares have been going towards lands for a while now

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
0-2 in the Qualifier
Mono Red LL
Golgari Control WLL

i got no luck

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I know lsv loves it in Vintage Cube, but I've never actually played with Retrofitter Foundry and this card is unbelievably good. I can keep tempo with unchecked BG food decks that have two enchantments and two value creatures in play so every time they sac a food, they also put a +1/+1 counter on a dude, make a clue, and make 2 1/1s with one card (and a lotta mana). It also totally messes with combat math for the unwitting opponent. I won the game by making 2 1/1s to block the 7/5 phyrexian mana life linker, then saccing them so my opponent couldn't life link, and attack with my fliers.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Khanstant posted:

I also know I've seen ornithopter in events on Arena so idk why I was blanking so hard both forgetting they exist and thinking they'd break because of some combo engine with 0 mana cards going infinite somehow.

Cheerios is (sort of) a deck!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

there's a couple of dumbshit alchemy cards for ornithopter synergy, so of course it's hard to keep a clear image in your mind of what a deck like that is supposed to look like

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

As far as mono-color brawl decks are concerned i like Bruna a lot. You get to play a bunch of angels, control the board and even get a meld off every now and then

Commander
1 Bruna, the Fading Light (SIR) 17

Deck
1 Giada, Font of Hope (SNC) 14
28 Plains (NEO) 293
1 Youthful Valkyrie (KHM) 382
1 Wayfarer's Bauble (CM2) 229
1 Guardian of Ghirapur (MOM) 16
1 Invasion of Dominaria (MOM) 21
1 Blind Obedience (WOT) 1
1 Inspiring Overseer (SNC) 18
1 Righteous Valkyrie (KHM) 24
1 Wojek Investigator (MKM) 36
1 Key to the Archive (Y22) 59
1 Aurelia's Vindicator (MKM) 4
1 Gisela, the Broken Blade (SIR) 30
1 Gift of Estates (STA) 6
1 Serra Paragon (DMU) 32
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence (JMP) 119
1 Angel of Invention (KLR) 7
1 Angel of Sanctions (AKR) 1
1 Baneslayer Angel (M21) 6
1 Herald of Vengeance (Y22) 2
1 Sanctuary Warden (SNC) 30
1 Steel Seraph (BRO) 38
1 Emeria's Call (ZNR) 12
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope (AVR) 6
1 Serra's Emissary (MH2) 30
1 Faceless Agent (J21) 1
1 Angel of Eternal Dawn (Y22) 1
1 Celestial Vault (Y22) 1
1 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
1 Cave of the Frost Dragon (AFR) 253
1 Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire (NEO) 268
1 Gate to the Citadel (HBG) 80
1 Secluded Steppe (ONS) 324
1 Cavern of Souls (LCI) 269
1 Field of Ruin (THB) 242
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (THS) 223
1 Mutavault (M14) 228
1 Reckoner Bankbuster (NEO) 255
1 Swords to Plowshares (STA) 10
1 Portable Hole (HBG) 98
1 Declaration in Stone (SIR) 23
1 Ossification (ONE) 26
1 Skyclave Apparition (ZNR) 39
1 Teferi's Protection (STA) 11
1 The Restoration of Eiganjo (NEO) 34
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Coldsteel Heart (CSP) 136
1 Mind Stone (WTH) 153
1 Guardian Idol (JMP) 467
1 Fateful Absence (MID) 18
1 Loran of the Third Path (BRO) 12
1 Esper Sentinel (MH2) 12
1 Curse of Silence (MID) 15
1 Reprieve (LTR) 26
1 Spirited Companion (NEO) 38
1 Smothering Tithe (WOT) 13
1 Collector's Vault (WOE) 244
1 Mazemind Tome (BRR) 30
1 Palantír of Orthanc (LTR) 247
1 A-The One Ring (LTR) 246
1 The Celestus (MID) 252
1 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
1 Hedron Archive (JMP) 468
1 Day of Judgment (STA) 2
1 Farewell (NEO) 13
1 Sunfall (MOM) 40
1 Brave the Elements (M14) 10
1 Giver of Runes (MH1) 13
1 Mana Tithe (STA) 8
1 Ambitious Farmhand (MID) 2
1 Banishing Slash (NEO) 3
1 Land Tax (WOT) 9

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

If I'm doing angels I feel like I'd be doing myself a disservice with anything other than Giada. Which I probably will put together soon.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

resistentialism posted:

there's a couple of dumbshit alchemy cards for ornithopter synergy, so of course it's hard to keep a clear image in your mind of what a deck like that is supposed to look like

I’ve learned to deal with Emporium Ornithopterist the turn it comes out because a free 2/2 flyer each turn starts getting dire in a loving hurry. If they get a 2nd EO out that becomes 2x 4/2 flyers, etc.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I’ve learned to deal with Emporium Ornithopterist the turn it comes out because a free 2/2 flyer each turn starts getting dire in a loving hurry. If they get a 2nd EO out that becomes 2x 4/2 flyers, etc.

My pirate deck loves those guys, because they're a wonderful target for Brazen Boarding, to get Corsair Captain out. And what's great is, even if the opponent gets a couple thopters onto the field, they're essentially useless without EO.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I didn't play this out in forever because the Chaos draft distracted me and then I didn't really feel like it for a while.

Went 2-1. Absolutely crushed two opps with kinda awkward and too slow decks, and got owned by an artifacts players with Ill-Timed Explosion (they had it in both games) and extremely well-oiled Clue engines - well done, good deck. And this, I believe, closes out MKM for me. Overall: uneven. Very swingy. I had stretches where I was doing super well, then a few drafts in a row where I could not get beyond two wins. I think a lot of people had a bit of a feast or famine experience. Hope the next set will be a bit more balanced in overall power level of cards - I am not the biggest tiltlord in the world, but it just doesn't feel great to see an Ezrim or Izoni or one of three Wraths hit and you can just go "oh well that's that then".

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Is Granite WItness any good? It looks good, and I enjoy playing U/W, but the fact it's a detective and not a soldier doesn't help it fit in UW decks.. I'm wondering because I topped out my XP at level 67 and I wonder if it's worth spending the 500 gems to get the cosmetic style before the pass is over.

I mean I could get up at 2am when rewards cycle and try to get 250xp to get to level 68 and then I'd only have to spend 250 gems but lol at doing such a thing. Why'd they'd change the time the mastery rolls over, anyway? are they trying to deter people from the free gold bug?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Zefiel posted:

Is Granite WItness any good? It looks good, and I enjoy playing U/W, but the fact it's a detective and not a soldier doesn't help it fit in UW decks.. I'm wondering because I topped out my XP at level 67 and I wonder if it's worth spending the 500 gems to get the cosmetic style before the pass is over.

I mean I could get up at 2am when rewards cycle and try to get 250xp to get to level 68 and then I'd only have to spend 250 gems but lol at doing such a thing. Why'd they'd change the time the mastery rolls over, anyway? are they trying to deter people from the free gold bug?
The card is in no way playable outside of MKM draft (where it was good) so you probably don't need the card style.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Zefiel posted:

Is Granite WItness any good?

not in constructed

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

kalel posted:

not in constructed

Boco_T posted:

The card is in no way playable outside of MKM draft (where it was good) so you probably don't need the card style.

This is the kind of hard-hitting facts I needed. Thank you very much!

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Why does, like, everybody in Ixilan Quick Draft play black? I thought that was considered the worst color in that format. Is it a thing where human drafters avoid the color, the bot drafters mimic that, but because all the bots are doing it black ends up always being mega-open?

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Why does, like, everybody in Ixilan Quick Draft play black? I thought that was considered the worst color in that format. Is it a thing where human drafters avoid the color, the bot drafters mimic that, but because all the bots are doing it black ends up always being mega-open?

Did you draft a black deck? The one time I did, half the players I went against were black, but usually I don't see a single black deck. Might just be the magic of variance and matchmaking.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

It's probably just random chance, it could also be a combination of a) inexperienced (quick) drafters not knowing that avoiding black is a winning strategy and b) experienced drafters being sick of jeskai colors and trying something fun but bad in the low cost format

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I just went 3-0 with admitedly a very piddly deck that I blame on raredrafting a lot, and all 3 of my defeats involved black. In one I had almost stabilized when dude plays that Stegosaur that gives target creature invincivility. :shrug:

Speaking of, what's the cliff's notes on easy wins for Ixalan QD? I was gonna look at Charliefoxtrot's posts until I Found one of his effort posts about it, but if someone has something more direct I'm all ears, I completely missed out on that set and dinosaurs and Mesoamerican stuff is so much up my alley, I want to draft it a lot the rest of the week, but it'd be a shame to get zero wins each time!

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Maaaan, I play Jetmir in Brawl just so that I can get my four victories of the day quickly, so I didn't expect to hold off an opponent running Omnath, Locus of Creation for an entire hour! Absolutely great game, my best one of the last few months, I love it when the opponent decks in Brawl when I'm not even playing mill.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Zefiel posted:

I just went 3-0 with admitedly a very piddly deck that I blame on raredrafting a lot, and all 3 of my defeats involved black. In one I had almost stabilized when dude plays that Stegosaur that gives target creature invincivility. :shrug:

Speaking of, what's the cliff's notes on easy wins for Ixalan QD? I was gonna look at Charliefoxtrot's posts until I Found one of his effort posts about it, but if someone has something more direct I'm all ears, I completely missed out on that set and dinosaurs and Mesoamerican stuff is so much up my alley, I want to draft it a lot the rest of the week, but it'd be a shame to get zero wins each time!
I don't have specific advice for QD, but experience with general draft, that should be applicable. I don't really like the "force this color combo in QD and always win" style advice, because you are still dependent on the cards that are actually in the packs.

Baseline, LCI is a Jeskai format. UW and RW are excellent (the former is easier to assemble, the latter is amazing for quick and easy wins if you put it together well), RW is a bit weaker but can still be very good. In general, W and U are both very deep, and the biggest challenge is picking the right cards from a huge selection of playables. Especially W has some cards that are more controlling, some that are more aggro, and you want to decide at some point if you want to smash or get to the lategame then win with value.

All three colors value artifacts, but you don't want to just play any old artifact - e.g. Dowsing Device CAN be very good but it's risky to play because it is very bad on its own, requires a critical mass of artifacts, and doesn't add to the board. A Wanderglyph, unassuming as it is, is a 2drop and an artifact. There's both a 1/1 and a 2/2 flier in U that come with a map token, the cards are excellent anyway and the artifact is a free synergy bonus - look out for those.

Craft cards tend to be very good because they often have a decent etb, then give a free manasink late for often great payoffs (Inverted Iceberg, Guide-Mural, Clay-Fired Bricks). Note once again that I'm giving UW examples, another reason why the combination is so good.

This is a one-drop format. Take cards like Miner's Guidewing highly, and if you do, cards like Deconstruction Hammer gain in value.

Outside of Jeskai, Green is by no means bad - you can have an excellent dinos deck, the biggest trick here is combat tricks and other buffs. The trample-giving +3/+3 is amazing, but also take any Etali's Favors (smash hit card). GW is not very supported but cheap and/or efficient poo poo (Colossadactyl, various Explore cards, aforementioned Guidewing, and the signpost even without any payoffs) works well.

Do not draft Simic. It's very bad.

Finally, Black has problems. It's aggressive cards are either not good at actually being that, or require way too much investment. That ties into Descent just not working well - the cards with it are unplayable if you don't have Descent on, and often just okay if you do. The removal - typical argument for B - is okay, but a lot of it is a bit awkward and if your issue is a 1/1 vigi flier with a hammer beating your face in, do you really want to spend 1BB on that?

You can make a very fun GY-based deck, usually GB, but you have to be very aware of the specific cards that make this work, help you survive and give you enough value in the end to win over the competing UW decks that play excellent cards AND have a built-in value endgame, so it's an uphill battle. I simply do not recommend drafting B in LCI unless you know exactly what you're doing, OR - and that's the grand equalizer - you open a busted rare. There's plenty in B, and if you open one or two, then your plan is to have a controlling deck (once again, never go for B aggro) that can keep the game small, board clear, you love to trade off, and then you draw or reanimate or protect your rare(s) and win with those.

Caves: every deck wants at least A discover cave in its colors - it just rules having a land that guarantees you a card late if your opp doesn't, and if they do, you want equity. There is no true Caves deck, but there are plenty of nice Caves packages. E.g. a RB deck you play because you got a Preacher of the Schism and a Carnosaur, you LOVE to have Calamitous Cave-In in that to sweep away their early drops, 2 Caves are often already enough but ofc you want more in the deck. The Leech is also amazing to stabilize, a 5 mana 5/5 lifelink is great. If you have the uncommon cave that makes all caves into cities of brass, and other color-fixing caves (Promising Vein ofc does that too), you can also easily splash - maybe more payoffs, maybe more bombs. But don't e.g. first-pick the Benthisaur and force Caves, you need a plan besides that.

Like for the rest of the set, the key is pockets of synergies in a deck full of good cards, not a whole deck built around a strategy that only works if you get all the synergy pieces.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
When does this poo poo pop today

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Speaking of LCI QD, started one yesterday

https://www.17lands.com/draft/5bb04f1534744b7fa6dac91db3ff877a

Opened a W bomb, the first pack was kinda thin on...anything so I mostly took some other W cards and tried to be open in Jeskai colors. Some good G cards were on offer but here I was QD-speculating: the bots don't have a bias for Jeskai like humans do. I did see and take a Captain Storm just in case UR would be on the table, but in the end, I just ended up with a solid if somewhat unexciting Azorius deck:

This isn't particularly aggressive, though admittedly I also didn't get many controlly cards. It does suffer from not a lot of interaction. Note that I could be playing Decon Hammer, but I don't have anything to put it on. The curve is iffy but I just cannot say no to the Cloud Guards. Evangelist, Glyph and Abuelo are clear bombs that together with a steady stream of fliers should be able to win games on their own - if the lategame arrives, no problem, I got Bricks, Iceberg, and a Discover Cave.

Most of my two-drops don't fit the plan super well and aren't that great, but you absolutely cannot skimp on them in LCI so I took them highly.

Deck's 2-0 atm though honestly, the first one was undeserved. They had a Goldfury Strider of all things that I just didn't find an answer for, I made a bad block (expecting a trick but they had a removal, whoops) and got blown out, then later they did have a trick, and that should have won them a race - but I think they didn't know that the flipped Dowsing Device activation is Sorcery speed, or they didn't do their math properly. I lived at 2 life and could swing back for lethal with a clutch Waylaying Pirates (excellent card btw).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Time posted:

When does this poo poo pop today
It's usually like 11 am EST for me that I am able to play.

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I was just on and progression on the battle pass is no longer possible. I also got 3 new dailies, but since the new battle pass isn't active, there seems little point in finishing them since the XP will be wasted. The 15 weekly wins task hadn't reset.

It seemed a little confusing. Usually everything resets at the same time.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Fritzler posted:

It's usually like 11 am EST for me that I am able to play.

ty

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Also thanks for changing my morning plans -- didn't realize the new set came out today, but I can shuffle some stuff.

Excited to know 0 about this set except that it's cowboy-themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Jakosa posted:

I was just on and progression on the battle pass is no longer possible. I also got 3 new dailies, but since the new battle pass isn't active, there seems little point in finishing them since the XP will be wasted. The 15 weekly wins task hadn't reset.

It seemed a little confusing. Usually everything resets at the same time.

This happened last time and relogging worked for me. The exp I gained caught up and I got the rewards.