Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I like this story.

It was good! I had a small flock of eastern yellow robins following me, which was cool, and a couple of very loud neon-green parrots that never let me get close enough to photograph, which was less cool.

e: here's a question for the non-Australians itt, whose footprint is this?

Emu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

Goatse getting weird these days

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

These are wonderful

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anyone itt with 99 probes on their rap sheet?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

anyone itt with 99 probes on their rap sheet?

I need this inserted retroactively :negative:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

I like this story.

It was good! I had a small flock of eastern yellow robins following me, which was cool, and a couple of very loud neon-green parrots that never let me get close enough to photograph, which was less cool.

Dinosaur.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 3, 1946)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

pog vandal

and kramer vandal

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 3, 1946)

In the span of 9 panels, the Pope tries to save Rome, the Emperor gets killed, Rome gets sacked, the Pope travels, Val and Aleta get rebuffed by the Pope being too busy to marry them, a political engagement is demanded, and our protagonists start heading back. Now that’s what I call pacing

Stuck without a computer for a few days or weeks. Phone posting isn’t fun but here’s

Different Country Diary

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Apr 15, 2024

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Kit Walker posted:

In the span of 9 panels, the Pope tries to save Rome, the Emperor gets killed, Rome gets sacked, the Pope travels, Val and Aleta get rebuffed by the Pope being too busy to marry them, a political engagement is demanded, and our protagonists start heading back. Now that’s what I call pacing

Especially compared to the average modern webcomic, where a single conversation can take months in real time

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Owl at Home posted:

Especially compared to the average modern webcomic, where a single conversation can take months in real time

Absolutely. Also shows Foster’s discerning eye for narrative. The sacking of Rome would be a huge deal. Another storyteller might make that into a whole major storyline where Val’s somehow involved and does a whole bunch of stuff. But neither Val nor Foster give a poo poo about what’s going on in Rome. It’s a footnote. Val and Aleta want to get married god damnit and all that other stuff isn’t important so let’s just gloss over it

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 71: Mount Kintoki Dreamin'

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37: The Wheat, the Magic and the Song of Gaia

Poor Ino. She made a cool entrance and got her heart broken. This coupling is no good: heresy must be brought back to canon.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Spland Developers

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 71: Mount Kintoki Dreamin'

masamune was the first man to wear random latin character clothing

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

HAPPY. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO ENJOY YOUR PRESENCE SINCE I BEGAN TO UNDERSTAND EMOTION. THERE ARE 387.44 QUINTILLION GALLONS OF COLONY CELLS IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE LIQUID THAT MAKE UP MY BODY. IF THE WORD HAPPY WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE OCTILLIONS OF CELLS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HAPPINESS I FEEL TOWARDS HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. TOWARDS YOU. HAPPY. HAPPY.

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Apr 16, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Spland Developers

They want to build Spouses.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ocean planet guy no :(

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kit Walker posted:

HAPPY. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO ENJOY YOUR PRESENCE SINCE I BEGAN TO UNDERSTAND EMOTION. THERE ARE 387.44 QUINTILLION GALLONS OF COLONY CELLS IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE LIQUID THAT MAKE UP MY BODY. IF THE WORD HAPPY WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE OCTILLIONS OF CELLS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HAPPINESS I FEEL TOWARDS HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. TOWARDS YOU. HAPPY. HAPPY.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lost it - by ghostgods

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

cool drawings

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

lost it - by ghostgods

"you're in southern Mississippi, I recognize the grass."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCR73U8t6E

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I'm not sure what's going on with lost it, but I'm on board.

Kit Walker posted:

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

I too wish to recognise this post.

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 44: Insurrectionists

Resistance is futile.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fish and chips!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Emzedoh posted:

I too wish to recognise this post.

quote:

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”
― Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Synthbuttrange posted:

lost it - by ghostgods

Thanks so much for posting this one!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream

:techno:of course modern supercomputers are capable of hate many many orders of magnitude higher, why my humble pocket phone scarcely hates me any less than the fictional computer in that 1967 story!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
The ability to get actually good and cheap food at a 24 hour 7-11, one of which is always less than 100 metres from you at any given moment, is something I deeply miss.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I miss the 24 hour stores in asia. They're so good.

The ones down here in Melbourne have mostly shifted to stocking 95% sugary american cereals and candy for some godforsaken reason.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Different Country Diary

It’s cool having a story where a bunch of characters are in their mid thirties and it’s pretty relatable

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Man, I wish I could get rice balls and fruit sandwiches at convenience stores out here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i absolutely read that as "nice"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i absolutely read that as "nice"

have you seen the kind of balls you get at the average US convenience store these days???

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Synthbuttrange posted:

I miss the 24 hour stores in asia. They're so good.

The ones down here in Melbourne have mostly shifted to stocking 95% sugary american cereals and candy for some godforsaken reason.

gently caress, same thing up here in Brisbane. Oddest thing is, no-ones ever in them. Shouldn't be surprising as there is absolutely no one in the country who yearns for heinous American vomit chocolate. But then why are there empty ezmarts everywhere with fuckin Bitcoin ATMs in them? Convinced it's some kind of enormous money laundering scheme.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
My sister came back from a trip to the US with a present for me: some chocolate! Thanks sis, I really ggnnnnnhhhhhh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress yea vomit chocolauguuhbhbh

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 10, 1946)

Owl at Home has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Apr 16, 2024

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Fagtastic posted:

gently caress, same thing up here in Brisbane. Oddest thing is, no-ones ever in them. Shouldn't be surprising as there is absolutely no one in the country who yearns for heinous American vomit chocolate. But then why are there empty ezmarts everywhere with fuckin Bitcoin ATMs in them? Convinced it's some kind of enormous money laundering scheme.

it is actually. all the american cereal/candy stores in britain were a giant money laundering operation by former afghan government people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 10, 1946)

goddamnit how is this just so good