Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Pop your titty for your kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Sir, why are you meowing

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Schade on me for trying to read that. Can’t even read some of the letters.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's perfectly readable, once you're crunked up enough to go champagning with your bestie the pig

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

mrfart posted:

What, people can't read cyrillic cursive anymore? smdh

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It was a hell of a New Year party.

People used to have quality greeting cards, then Hallmark came about.
https://www.vintag.es/2020/12/new-year-pig-cards.html

Imagine sending a greeting card and the pig doesn't have huge balls.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Imagine sending a greeting card and the pig doesn't have huge balls.

Don't they get served fresh? That's a roast pig, presumably they were already removed.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Artist makes an art piece that mimics exclusive gentlemen’s clubs, but for “people identifying as ladies”. Disgruntled man sues, artists makes the court case a part of the art piece itself. Artist loses and has to allow “people not identifying as ladies” in. The gallery dismantles the exhibit instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/09/mona-ordered-to-allow-people-who-do-not-identify-as-ladies-into-ladies-lounge-exhibit

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

wiki posted:

Kaechele, who appeared as a witness, was accompanied by 25 other women who both were dressed in matching outfits and continuously moved in sync, which the tribunal found to be “inappropriate, discourteous and disrespectful“.

lol

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

gbut posted:

Artist makes an art piece that mimics exclusive gentlemen’s clubs, but for “people identifying as ladies”. Disgruntled man sues, artists makes the court case a part of the art piece itself. Artist loses and has to allow “people not identifying as ladies” in. The gallery dismantles the exhibit instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/09/mona-ordered-to-allow-people-who-do-not-identify-as-ladies-into-ladies-lounge-exhibit

quote:

Grueber also mentioned Kaechele and 25 of her female supporters who extended the performance aspect of the Ladies Lounge during the tribunal hearing in March. Wearing a uniform of navy business attire, the group engaged in discreet synchronised choreographed movements during the proceedings, including leg crossing, leaning forward together and peering over the top of their spectacles. When the proceedings concluded, the troupe exited the tribunal to the Robert Palmer song Simply Irresistible.

Grueber said the performance did not disrupt the hearing, although “it was inappropriate, discourteous and disrespectful, and at worst contumelious and contemptuous.”
"They clowned on us and I didn't like it :saddumb:"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

dialhforhero posted:

Cats can have a little a human breast milk, as a treat

When my friends kid was a baby they had to lock the cat in another room to bottle or breast feed. She would straight up attack to get breast milk.

Or formula. Or cream. Or cow milk. Oatmilk. Almond milk.

loving cat loves milk and milk like liquids. But put something in a dish and she won't go near it. Just wants to cause bloodshed over it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"They clowned on us and I didn't like it :saddumb:"

Contumelious??

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

iwentdoodie posted:

When my friends kid was a baby they had to lock the cat in another room to bottle or breast feed. She would straight up attack to get breast milk.

Or formula. Or cream. Or cow milk. Oatmilk. Almond milk.

loving cat loves milk and milk like liquids. But put something in a dish and she won't go near it. Just wants to cause bloodshed over it.
It tastes better when she feels she's earned it, obviously.

Tree Bucket posted:

Contumelious??

Googling the word posted:

con·tu·me·li·ous
/ˌkänto͝oˈmēlēəs/
archaic
adjective: contumelious
(of behavior) scornful and insulting; insolent.
Someone wanted to use their Thesaurus, I guess. I have literally never heard or seen this word before.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Apr 16, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a perfectly cromulent word

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

gbut posted:

Thankyou, this fukkin owns.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

gbut posted:

“The men are experiencing Ladies Lounge, their experience of rejection is the artwork,” she said at the time.

:blessed:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Mauser posted:

“The men are experiencing Ladies Lounge, their experience of rejection is the artwork,” she said at the time.

:blessed:

I mean the legality of it is pretty cut-and-dry. Discrimination based on gender isn't permitted under the law.

It's a hell of an art piece that includes a whole court case though, kudos to the artist.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mrfart posted:

"In the year of the piggy, I wish you up to you happiness up to your ears" meaning a shitload of happiness, and piggy/ears rhymes.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

OPAONI posted:

I mean the legality of it is pretty cut-and-dry. Discrimination based on gender isn't permitted under the law.

It's a hell of an art piece that includes a whole court case though, kudos to the artist.

Yeah I get it. Imagine being the loser dweeb that brings that lawsuit though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
poo poo now I gotta listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I assume it costs money to sue in Tasmania

so a man spent money to get a law enforced over an exhibition about men historically having more power and getting what they want, and the judge was pissy because the artists viewed him with contempt lmao

:discourse:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I have a feeling that the judge was having a good time of it too, based off of that article.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Serephina posted:

I have a feeling that the judge was having a good time of it too, based off of that article.

based on the article in which he was quoted as saying they were disrespectful and contemptuous?

sounds like he thought the case was silly but wants people to respect the courtroom in general (lol)

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

hawowanlawow posted:

I assume it costs money to sue in Tasmania

so a man spent money to get a law enforced over an exhibition about men historically having more power and getting what they want, and the judge was pissy because the artists viewed him with contempt lmao

:discourse:

The exhibition also included denying access to several other art pieces that had no connection to the exhibition. Sounds like they applied the law that was put in place to prevent gender based discrimination, thus proving the exhibition was no longer necessary.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, the part I'd imagine they were actually suing over was denying access to what seems to be the museum's most notable pieces from their collection after they paid admission, rather than denying them access to a fake nightclub.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/mhtptoc.mp4

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Oh man.

Good thing no one saw him do that.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
If I drink too much milk I get the milk farts.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

the milk farts

I’ve heard this term but applied to a vastly different situation

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

freeedr posted:

I’ve heard this term but applied to a vastly different situation

No.

:redass:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Bored posted:

That’s cow milk. Don’t give cats cow milk.
Some cats (like my own late cat) are lactose tolerant and can have milk and cream with no issue. She went nuts for it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Scarodactyl posted:

Some cats (like my own late cat) are lactose tolerant and can have milk and cream with no issue. She went nuts for it.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Coworker is legit angry because I told her to name her upcoming child Delirio Hoggleton

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
That kid is going to be a baseball player one day.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

freeedr posted:

Coworker is legit angry because I told her to name her upcoming child Delirio Hoggleton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhB2Oiy0Nc

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You're not very good at inlining videos

https://i.imgur.com/mAv4rjj.mp4

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inceltown posted:

You're not very good at inlining videos

https://i.imgur.com/mAv4rjj.mp4

It showed for me. :shrug:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Showed for me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

freeedr posted:

Showed for me too

That's your app working, the forums proper do not support embedding this way