Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hello Turkey!

Free speeeeeeeeeeech

Sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

So Elon Musk's X.com: The Everything App just quietly gave in to the Brazilian government?
Yeah basically. The House Judiciary Committee started asking questions and Elon folded

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Linda and Grok

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
musk should get infected with something

like a brain eating amoeba or rabies

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Non Compos Mentis posted:

musk should get infected with something

like a brain eating amoeba or rabies

I'm pretty sure this has already happened

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how can the amoeba eat something that isnt there?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
elon getting the woke mind virus and freaking out like the book guy in the twilight zone

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

R.L. Stine posted:

elon getting the woke mind virus and freaking out like the book guy in the twilight zone

"Grahms, I'm wuk!"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Kit Walker posted:

Absolutely and yes plenty of them do just that. Especially for massive shows like Coachella where you don’t want to gently caress up in front of thousands of people

yeah I'm pretty sure that wildly successful Daft Punk 2007 tour was all prerecorded and the only thing that really changed from one show to the next was adjustment of the highs middles and lows. kinda lame but hey it ruled so

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

lol it looks like Elmo took a screenshot of his own mug in a photo editor instead of just using the original jpeg for the profile pic

(someone noticed this on reddit)

A shame, shrunk down that photo looks like balls are hanging off of his chin.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Tesla stock starting the day with a big drop, under 155

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Like a cyber truck near bridge

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

shyduck posted:

Yeah basically. The House Judiciary Committee started asking questions and Elon folded

Remember that the musk strategy to poker is to go all in then buy new chips so he will just have to buy more free speech in this scenario

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Sometimes I look in on the r/elonmusk reddit, and they have been doing a lot of cheerleading in the last week over Elon's fight for "free speech" in Brazil. Can't wait for them all to immediately drop the subject entirely and pretend like this never happened, while anyone else who brings this up gets an automatic ban.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

R.L. Stine posted:

Poor Elon, saw a rainbow and died.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
still bothered by Elon's use of "namespace" in that above screenshot, like anyone who's done any programming knows "namespace" is an actual term that means something. comp sci poo poo is the one thing this guy's supposed to be good at but all the evidence points to him being a huge dumbass there as well. like when he first bought Twitter and said poo poo like "oh this is easy to fix, we just need to rebuild the full stack".....ooooh sounds very smart unless you're familiar at all with what he's trying to say. people love to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's awkward and dorky, they think he's like Sheldon from Bing Bang Theory, but take it from someone who played Magic the Gathering for 15 years: those people can be absolute morons as well. sometimes they have emerald mines and government contracts though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Musk implements federated servers to fix naming uniqueness

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JAMOOOL posted:

still bothered by Elon's use of "namespace" in that above screenshot, like anyone who's done any programming knows "namespace" is an actual term that means something. comp sci poo poo is the one thing this guy's supposed to be good at but all the evidence points to him being a huge dumbass there as well. like when he first bought Twitter and said poo poo like "oh this is easy to fix, we just need to rebuild the full stack".....ooooh sounds very smart unless you're familiar at all with what he's trying to say. people love to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's awkward and dorky, they think he's like Sheldon from Bing Bang Theory, but take it from someone who played Magic the Gathering for 15 years: those people can be absolute morons as well. sometimes they have emerald mines and government contracts though

Elon also seems to think "cybernetics" means "cool robot stuff" instead of "the study of feedback systems"

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I'm probably misremembering but wasn't there something if tesla stock went under $150 the banks could force elon to sell stock

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cassette Moodcore posted:

I'm probably misremembering but wasn't there something if tesla stock went under $150 the banks could force elon to sell stock

I don't think we know the exact number but I believe the estimate was a lot lower, like under $140

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

JAMOOOL posted:

Yeah it's always a bit disconcerting when you're listening to someone who you've been deferring to as a supposed subject matter expert and then they say some word that makes you just prick up your ears, like "wait, did he just say ...?" Because to a layperson it slips right past but if you know the actual field it's an immediate marker that he has no idea what he's talking about and is just bullshitting and blowing smoke in front of the money people.

It's not even only about technical fields (though that's where I've seen it most often), but like if someone says "he's a five star chef" and you're like — wait that is not a thing, that is not how stars work

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm kind of getting buttcoin thread vibes from tsla stock, I'm waiting for the coaster to drop

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

kazil posted:

I don't think we know the exact number but I believe the estimate was a lot lower, like under $140

It was as low as around 110 in January 2023, so I dont know how this is actually supposed to work

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

that's just pure copium for folks who hate elon and his genius smdh

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Number is going back up checkmate libs

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MasterSitsu posted:

It was as low as around 110 in January 2023, so I dont know how this is actually supposed to work

Yeah this sell off isn't even anywhere near as server as that one was. Going from 303 to 113 in in three months.

But it's lost about 9% in two days so it could easily catch up!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This was the day the Model 2 news came out that Elon said was a lie

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah it's always a bit disconcerting when you're listening to someone who you've been deferring to as a supposed subject matter expert and then they say some word that makes you just prick up your ears, like "wait, did he just say ...?" Because to a layperson it slips right past but if you know the actual field it's an immediate marker that he has no idea what he's talking about and is just bullshitting and blowing smoke in front of the money people.

It's not even only about technical fields (though that's where I've seen it most often), but like if someone says "he's a five star chef" and you're like — wait that is not a thing, that is not how stars work

Someone here said it best: he’s like Malcolm gladwell where it sounds convincing if you don’t know anything about the topic, but if you do you’re like “wow this is all wrong and only superficially seems intelligent”

Imagine if a human being were the distilled thoughts of Thomas Friedman, Malcolm Gladwell, and Adolf Higler

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dr_rat posted:

Yeah this sell off isn't even anywhere near as server as that one was. Going from 303 to 113 in in three months.

But it's lost about 9% in two days so it could easily catch up!

Yeah, I don't think there's an automatic trigger, someone has to make the decision to do it. And they won't because it's related to Twitter debt, which the banks have been trying to unload for over a year now.

If they made a margin call on it, they'd be lucky to get pennies on the dollar.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Unfortunately the stock market is completely untethered from reality. Any sane business analyst would tell you Tesla's fundamentals are hosed and don't appear to be improving.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Crackbone posted:

Any sane business analyst would tell you Tesla's fundamentals are hosed and don't appear to be improving.

so what you're saying is I should invest?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's just gonna continue to be a slow bleed. Nixing the $25k car is a big blow though, and I don't think anybody outside of the usual fanboy psychopaths give a poo poo about Robotaxi

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slotducks posted:

so what you're saying is I should invest?

You haven't alread!!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should really quit swooning for the ghoulwomen of big tech but here I am.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

NOBODY CARES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!! gently caress!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So covid IS bad, Elon?

GentleReject
Jan 16, 2024
$8 for censored 4c

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

So covid IS bad, Elon?

You see they conspired to make COVID deadly, but they failed, but they still acted as though it was deadly. Also it was independently invented by Fauci personally, by China, and by Hunter Biden who each worked independently but also as part of a conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

So covid IS bad, Elon?

Nah, chuds easily navigate the "Chinese bioweapon" vs. "just the flu" contradiction through the ol' "our enemies are both masterminds and incompetent" rationalization