Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

99pct of germs posted:

https://community.creative-assembly.com/total-war/total-war-warhammer/blogs/14-thrones-of-decay-introducing-elspeth-von-draken

Blog on the Empire DLC + updates to base lords and mechanics.

This is some seriously excellent stuff!

this looks sick. never done an empire playthrough and now im really tempted to try Elspeth and gun down every living thing that stands against the Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The fact that we will have this no-name bearded idiot and we don't have Schwarzhelm-- despite Franz's voice line-- is deeply troubling. Or Helborg, mr. mustache himself.

jokes fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 16, 2024

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
As gelt, you can return all the land to cathay and be teleported directly to altdorf, or you can stay friends, or war with the iron dragon

if you go to altdorf, you have no cities and can just instantly declare war and take altdorf

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
This might be the biggest facelift in TW history, even beating the WoC one lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

jokes posted:

The fact that we will have this no-name bearded idiot and we don't have Schwarzhelm-- despite Franz's voice line-- is deeply troubling.

Still hoping we get Helborg and Schwarzhelm at some point, yeah

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Things to note,

top left has 4 roman numerals
lol mortar snipe

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this all loving owns. alive game

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

gently caress I was planning on doing Elspeth as my first Thrones campaign but Gelt sounds loving cool as hell

WELCOME TO CATHAY GENTLEMEN

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 16, 2024

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Azran posted:

Still hoping we get Helborg and Schwarzhelm at some point, yeah

Yeah, I'm not going to get my hopes up because there's only so much they could still add, but I'd love a Helborg/Schwarzhelm add.

Bruckner is tied to the book, but he's a character that makes zero sense serving Franz, Volkmar in the Southlands, Gelt in Cathay, or Markus in Lustria.

Schwarzhelm makes sense for all of them to a degree. And Helborg could have been made a LH and would have made sense in every army also.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Gotrek and Felix are now Legendary Heroes
Gold Wizard is FLC

Heres a reddit post showing the new dwarf stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c5h0c9/new_dwarf_stuff/

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ad090 posted:

Gold Wizard is FLC

Heres a reddit post showing the new dwarf stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1c5h0c9/new_dwarf_stuff/

Good holy gently caress the Gotrek/Felix situation was stupid.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am tired of hearing about ogres and gotrek and felix popping up in my territory, harassing any armies that just want to WALK PAST

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

lol someone at the CA influencer relations department got their dates wrong, all the TW youtubers are showing Dwarf stuff today

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hell yeah was just considering another dwarf run.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I am a dwarf and empire lover so I'm going to be very torn on which campaign I play first. I guarantee I'll go to select one of the new lords then smash Karl or Ungrim though...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ad090 posted:

Oh, thank god. Finally.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

who do you think this unique dwarf lord is

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Third World Reagan posted:

I am tired of hearing about ogres and gotrek and felix popping up in my territory, harassing any armies that just want to WALK PAST

I'm a big fan of ogre mercenaries actually. Gotrek and Felix sucks because you get them for 30 turns, but you don't get any of the benefits that a normal lord would bring that are hugely important, especially as certain factions likely to get Gotrek/Felix such as Empire. Without the red line from Empire generals, Empire units loving suck.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i was always confused why ppl were hyped about Gotrek and Felix in the game since actually using them was pretty terrible

good to know theyre being changed to legendary heroes. hopefully they get rid of the stupid time-limit

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i was always confused why ppl were hyped about Gotrek and Felix in the game since actually using them was pretty terrible

good to know theyre being changed to legendary heroes. hopefully they get rid of the stupid time-limit

One of the, I think human of the pair, is amazing in mp

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Thinking more about Gelt, it's super cool how the game isn't forcing him to establish a huge sprawling empire in territory he normally wouldn't care about. Can't wait to give all my conquests to Zhao Ming and then come back home to the Empire like the Rohirrim at Minas Tirith, with a bunch of mixed Empire/Cathay stacks to kick Festus and Vlad's asses with

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Both Gelt and Volkmar would have been excellent Horde-based LLs for the Empire. Gelt is on a treasure hunt, Volkmar is on a pilgrimage to holy sites, both are more than willing to raze settlements along their path.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
gotrek and Felix are iconic, but also having early duelist options owns for some order factions since they can be hard-pressed to field dudes that can counter even a basic chaos lord, much less an LL like vlad

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this is grudgebringer erasure

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
Dwarf stuff all looks cool

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is my prediction for a bug

ghost dad can teleport to karak 8 peaks turn 1 via the new underway system

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dorfs in depth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2sRvIYc-8Q

I love the idea that dwarves have an actual direction for their campaign instead of just painting the map.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

toasterwarrior posted:

gotrek and Felix are iconic, but also having early duelist options owns for some order factions since they can be hard-pressed to field dudes that can counter even a basic chaos lord, much less an LL like vlad

That’s a good thing, though. For Empire at least, outside of Franz, you need to get your boys to work together to kill the superheroes and monsters and dragons and whatever the gently caress.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
or i could hire two idiots to do the job

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gotrek/felix are ONLY good for that purpose and get no experience, etc., and actively disincentivize the entire point of the Empire roster.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Dorfs in depth

I love the idea that dwarves have an actual direction for their campaign instead of just painting the map.

yeah this rules

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

E:NVM

was a mod on stream

Non karl franz empire factions will get the imperial authority stuff if they make land fall and claim an empire city in the old world

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Dorfs in depth

Oak of Ages lumber camp lmao. This rules

jokes posted:

Gotrek/felix are ONLY good for that purpose and get no experience, etc., and actively disincentivize the entire point of the Empire roster.

Yup for sure and I don't care because they are cool

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Epidemius and Malakai starting postions:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
New landmark for dwarfs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
As said above it’s wild that YouTubers are talking dwarf stuff but GW is focusing on Empire. Both look like good changes but dwarves are going to get the first play I think.