Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zionism: destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm pretty sure the British of all people know what being polite is, they just clearly lacked the imagination to understand that maybe another culture would have a different notion of what constitutes such a thing

"There are, however, many Occidentals who could never be brought to look at the matter in this light. An acquaintance of the writer's resided for so many years in Paris that he had unconsciously adopted the manners of that capital. When at length he returned to London, he was in the habit of removing his hat, and making a courteous bow to every friend whom he met. Upon one occasion, one of the latter returned his salutations with the somewhat unsympathetic observation,

'See here, old fellow, none of your French monkey tricks here!'"

kyojin posted:

British people don't know a loving thing about being polite. They know about being obsequious spineless bootlickers and they think it's the same thing

"The Anglo-Saxon, as we are fond of reminding ourselves, has, no doubt, many virtues, and among them is to be found a very large percentage of fortiter in re (firmness in action), but a very small percentage of suaviter in modo (finesse in manner). When, therefore, we come to the Orient, and find the vast populations of the immense Asiatic continent so greatly our superiors in the art of lubricating the friction which is sure to arise in the intercourse of man with man, we are filled with that admiration which is the tribute of those who cannot do a thing to those who can do it easily and well."

Boy... a lot to unpack there...

For related reading on the British in China vis-à-vis fortier in re, suaviter in mondo, "lubricating the friction which is sure to arise in the intercourse of man with man", check out Backhouse's 'Décadence Mandchoue'.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 18:05 on Apr 16, 2024

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

What we don't see is that the floor plate is gone and he's driving it like the Flintstones car.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
we need to go back to money that can be worn on a string around your belt

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cassian of Imola posted:

maybe elon could build them some single-lane tunnels around the golan heights

Good idea, if we get him on it it might be done in about twenty years.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Ricky of Palestine

If the IDF leaves their gear on the curb that means it's free for the taking

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Good idea, if we get him on it it might be done in about twenty years.

Or all the missile interceptors will just catch fire and explode, an optimal outcome.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't really get 4chan's placement on that chart, I mean they really hate jews and it seems like they just want everyone in the middle east to die

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Rubellavator posted:

I don't really get 4chan's placement on that chart, I mean they really hate jews and it seems like they just want everyone in the middle east to die

They hate American Jews for being liberals.

Ethnostate conservatives who do ethnic cleansings for fun fit perfectly into the 4chan ethos

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

iirc there are duelling, equally awful, threads on /pol/, one pro-Israel and one pro-Palestine.

As far as rubbernecking, /b/ had epic Hamas footage (gore) on Oct 7 and 8, and has had epic IDF footage (gore) since then.

This is pretty much how the Ukraine war has gone over there as well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

They just like death and hatred for mankind

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

critical update: according to my kid the obnoxious zionist crybully kid in their 5th grade class got bullied and pressured into being pro-palestine

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah it's this, they're just a bunch of misanthropic sad sacks who rubberneck at any kind of human suffering in order to feel alive. They claim to have political beliefs but they don't actually have a coherent ideology beyond "I want everybody who's not me to suffer."

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Sydin posted:

Yeah it's this, they're just a bunch of misanthropic sad sacks who rubberneck at any kind of human suffering in order to feel alive. They claim to have political beliefs but they don't actually have a coherent ideology beyond "I want everybody who's not me to suffer."

More often than not they want themselves to suffer as well

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

"lubricating the friction which is sure to arise in the intercourse of man with man"

they make all kinds of products for that now

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Justin Tyme posted:

walpurgis!!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rubellavator posted:

p sure israel is the main ingredient in the everyone in the middle east dying cake

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

"There are, however, many Occidentals who could never be brought to look at the matter in this light. An acquaintance of the writer's resided for so many years in Paris that he had unconsciously adopted the manners of that capital. When at length he returned to London, he was in the habit of removing his hat, and making a courteous bow to every friend whom he met. Upon one occasion, one of the latter returned his salutations with the somewhat unsympathetic observation,

'See here, old fellow, none of your French monkey tricks here!'"

"The Anglo-Saxon, as we are fond of reminding ourselves, has, no doubt, many virtues, and among them is to be found a very large percentage of fortiter in re (firmness in action), but a very small percentage of suaviter in modo (finesse in manner). When, therefore, we come to the Orient, and find the vast populations of the immense Asiatic continent so greatly our superiors in the art of lubricating the friction which is sure to arise in the intercourse of man with man, we are filled with that admiration which is the tribute of those who cannot do a thing to those who can do it easily and well."

Boy... a lot to unpack there...

For related reading on the British in China vis-à-vis fortier in re, suaviter in mondo, "lubricating the friction which is sure to arise in the intercourse of man with man", check out Backhouse's 'Décadence Mandchoue'.

in the orient quality silicone lubricant is cheap

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

critical update: according to my kid the obnoxious zionist crybully kid in their 5th grade class got bullied and pressured into being pro-palestine

:nice:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Owlbear Camus posted:

hmm sounds like bullying works

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Owlbear Camus posted:

obnoxious zionist crybully

But you repeat yourself twice

Good going for the kid though

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
lmao at the wedding story I'd probably have to kill myself

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I do love bread-cake though, maybe I should go to T&T.

e: more relevant to the thread, as the rudest people on earth, how are Israelis not constantly getting filmed embarrassing themselves in China?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My experience from living in East Asia is a lot of folks there consider the face thing uniquely Asian too. It's ridiculous, you're listening to them and they're like "Well you see here in Korea/China/Japan if you deliberately make your boss insecure and belittle them it'll have consequences for you and your career."

I want to live in the version of the West these guys apparently believe in.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Justin Tyme posted:

yeah

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mr. Lobe posted:

But you repeat yourself twice

Good going for the kid though

i literally guffawed when he told me though though because this kids modus operandi is literally "start fights, throw the first punch, get my rear end kicked, and go crying to teacher." too perfect.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I do love bread-cake though, maybe I should go to T&T.

e: more relevant to the thread, as the rudest people on earth, how are Israelis not constantly getting filmed embarrassing themselves in China?

people assume from the brooklyn accent that they're americans.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

The original description for that quadrant was "Social darwinists" and that seems apt

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Justin Tyme posted:

it's poisoning their brainwashed minds

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/FT/status/1780249486322712955

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Negged

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

“Mr Netanyahu, we are proud to assist you in your fight for…”

“-Don’t need help from a black guy” (click)

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

I want to believe that this did not happen but considering what happened in the last 6 or so months: loving lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hit the road rashid sanook

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cabbages and Kings posted:

if you go to NYC I will take a train down for a day and drag another goon with me. Also suspect many of the posts here are coming from NYC metro area.

Al-Saqr Goon Meet. poo poo, I'd contribute to your airfare to make this happen.

Sure why not, quoting for a spot.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

There's that rumour he's ducking calls, because diplomatic calls are considered official in some capacity, so if they tell him to deescalate and not strike Iran, he's in a bind.

So, he's decided to just not speak to any western leaders, presumably excluding Biden, so technically he won't be asked not to strike Iran.

This is my strategy for handling emails when I'm busy: if I don't see them, they don't exist, and so I don't have to action them.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

to be fair, why would you ever want to talk to the brits?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

to be fair, why would you ever want to talk to the brits?

yeah he can always just talk to his boss, joe biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well, "always" once he's had his meth and before 5pm