Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

err posted:

me coming here for econ talk only to see 5 pages of dumb bullsjhit

The economy's in the doghouse, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

err posted:

evergreen post

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1780282360279269829

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

err posted:

this thread should focus on dogs more. cspam has a terrific record for extracting out psychos via dog discourse. lets find some more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enough barkin and yellen. I just wanna grill for gods sake.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

woof

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Gunshow Poophole posted:

five 2:1 stock splits between his start date and the invasion of Iraq lmao

it's a completely different and insane world for the wealthy.

"nobody wants to work anymore"

"negotiate your bills"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1780289139826450901?t=lra4KU-AD31lGdKkfEJmPw&s=19
https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1780287801889566896?t=kM6bk_nydRaxpoJ7dnf1tQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1780288128562970808?t=UbNZktcrYEwVYvzBNzcN0g&s=19

Spr releases lol
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1780289693155795281?t=OqU0733nlnuJc3IsyHbICw&s=19

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

fart barterer posted:

Yup. All information is stored in video format because video ads are the only thing that makes money, and Google's entire ecosystem is funneling everything into it.

Trying to get the info you need out of a video is excruciating. Even for stuff where it could be useful, like working on a car, you have to scrub back and forth endlessly on your phone. Step-by-step gifs with descriptions would be 100x better. A little harder to make, maybe, but software could help. It just wouldn't make any money and no one would be able to find it.
Using other software to transcribe youtube videos into text

"Uh yeah uh so you click over here and oops that's not oh here we're going to try this yes yes no and that's how you configure DLP in Microsoft Purview"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SirPablo posted:

Just made $200 shorting $DJT. MAGA

Well hello Mr. Krassenstein!

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1780273637095817463

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

lol now do renters

all these people scratching their heads about the state of the economy all own houses

this person owns a house and none of the rest of us can get one

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Smythe posted:

lol my first job at the theatre was working box office and house management. i still cover these duties if people are out kuz whatever. but this is For Real. my box office lady was out last week at a conference for her day job and picking up the phone / working the window it was surprising how mean & miserable people were.

senior manager: why arent you making our customers LOVE US. they need to LOVE US. make sure you smile more!!!!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Paid family leave is usually taxable by the feds. This employer likely knows this but was told not to give ~tax advice~ for liability reasons so they just let their employees flounder instead.

This is the publicly funded family leave program administered by the State of Washington

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

This is the publicly funded family leave program administered by the State of Washington

yep those are usually taxable by the IRS

we have to pay fed taxes on ours in California, but not state taxes

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

euphronius posted:

thankfully law has never used google. tho west law gets worse and worse. they keep trying to phase out Boolean searches

i have the paid subscription version of acrobat for work stuff, and they keep trying to make me use their AI assistant. even if you turn it off, it still prompts you "try me try me hey try me!! dont you want ai???"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

jfc i just wanna grab this fucker by the shoulders LINKEDIN HAS ROBBED YOU OF YOUR HUMANITY YOU SHOULD BE PISSED OFF ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!

err
Apr 11, 2005

recession soon

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1780275272354279452

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Feral Integral posted:

I just don't use software that doesn't have written docs. Most python stuff has great documentation

are you finnish? this is very finnish

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
420 use libreoffice every day

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

420 use libreoffice every day

it loads pdfs all hosed up

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

jfc i just wanna grab this fucker by the shoulders LINKEDIN HAS ROBBED YOU OF YOUR HUMANITY YOU SHOULD BE PISSED OFF ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!

it’s like you don’t even care about your career

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ahhh that timeless rule of thumb

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it loads pdfs all hosed up

that's pdfs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

getting a permanently debilitating spinal cord injury writing software. you hosed up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I was in a major American bank branch earlier today to deal with some bullshit and overheard a bizarre conversation between a customer and a clerk. The customer was there to open a new bank account, which I feel is a pretty basic function of a bank branch. The clerk said they were all booked up today and couldn't help them open an account, and they were booked for tomorrow, no openings. In fact they claimed to be booked up all the way through May. Sorry, no account for you, but you can always try doing a walk-in on some other day. There was a grand total of one other customer in the branch and a number of employees sitting around.

What the gently caress?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I imagine the US has some poor bastard at the bottom of the SPR like that old guy in the oil tanker in Waterworld

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

also the landing was so soft we didn’t even know we landed and now headed back up the inflation curve

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

getting close...milk and bananas today: $9.65

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

post hole digger posted:

getting a permanently debilitating spinal cord injury writing software. you hosed up.

he was hit in the parking lot by a tesla on autopilot

err
Apr 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I was in a major American bank branch earlier today to deal with some bullshit and overheard a bizarre conversation between a customer and a clerk. The customer was there to open a new bank account, which I feel is a pretty basic function of a bank branch. The clerk said they were all booked up today and couldn't help them open an account, and they were booked for tomorrow, no openings. In fact they claimed to be booked up all the way through May. Sorry, no account for you, but you can always try doing a walk-in on some other day. There was a grand total of one other customer in the branch and a number of employees sitting around.

What the gently caress?

classic sign of a bank run, get your money out now

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Rauros posted:

getting close...milk and bananas today: $9.65

the government at all levels, alongside leaders of industry: "wow the economy is doing great!"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Vox Nihili posted:

What the gently caress?

Banks don't need the business of little people. That person was being politely told to gently caress off. Around me, major banks are shrinking their operations to just an ATM in a parking lot.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nothus posted:

That person was being politely told to gently caress off.

Sure seemed like it. This bank has a billion brick and mortar locations, it seems nuts to rent all that space and pay all those employees and then have them turn down customers.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my dog is a class traitor not for the color of his fur or the inbreeding of his family, he is a class traitor because hes a member of the paw patrol on administrative leave for shooting up a burger baron

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Sure seemed like it. This bank has a billion brick and mortar locations, it seems nuts to rent all that space and pay all those employees and then have them turn down customers.

banks get free money from the gov't to invest in stocks and buy land

holding plebe's change isn't a profit driver

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO DIVIDENDS :unsmigghh:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

they want you to do that online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

What the gently caress?

was the customer a minority and/or poor looking?