Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Holy cannoli, they're actually making a Star Control 3:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pistolshrimp/free-stars-children-of-infinity

God I hope this becomes a crowdfunding success story.

They actually *did* make a Star Control 3. My little brother played it and said it was pretty forgettable.

Or am I being McBained here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rappaport posted:

They got a few hundred bucks pledged while I watched their pitch video, it doesn't look like an impossible goal. I wonder if the Steam release of the Ur-Quan Masters brought any fresh eyeballs to the original game

They’ve hit their goal now. Hopefully that’s actually enough to make the game and they aren’t banking on “stretch goal” funding to actually be viable.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Memnaelar posted:

They actually *did* make a Star Control 3. My little brother played it and said it was pretty forgettable.

Stardock made a dull one without most of the IP for some reason.

Oh and an Accolade one in the 90s.

Neither involved Toys for Bob.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
They said they were going to make the game no matter what, so the funding hopefully isn't an issue. They're also well on their way to the second stretch goal, so it may not matter anyway.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145350/Hades_II/

you can register for the hades 2 beta now if you're so inclined

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It is I, the person who is incredibly hype for Manor Lords

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

More like manure lords

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Manure Turds.

I'll keep an eye on it, I normally don't care for city builders, but if there is an element of army building involved it might pique my interest.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Help step family the download is stuck

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m seeing a lot of coverage for Manor Lords some people are incredibly hyped for it

Didn't this come out years ago? The mount and blade sequel right?

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're thinking Bannerlord

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Hammerlord? Isn't that a metal band?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

It's pretty cool to see nerdy city builders having a renaissance. Farthest Frontier is also looking excellent.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Leal posted:

Help step family the download is stuck

:lmao:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Mantis Lords? Pretty good boss.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Mordja posted:

Any notable demos out of this FPS fest thing?

Deadlink and Turbo Overkill both have demos.

Turbo Overkill is a cyberpunk FPS where you have a chainsaw for a leg and can slide into enemies to slice them up. It seemed like there were some interesting guns and alt fire modes, but at least in the demo, it seemed most effective to just chainsaw slide into everyone. Pretty cool visuals and level design that made good use of your mobility stuff (double jump/air dash/wall running). Kinda felt like dropping into the Nar Shadda level of Jedi Knight, but with Titanfall movement.

Deadlink is basically cyberpunk Doom Eternal with a Hades/Dead Cells style roguelike setup. Each run takes you through four biomes made up of a series of rooms/arenas. Clearing a room prompts you to choose from a selection of doors that each give you rewards like perks, weapon mods, implants, a shop, etc. The flow of combat is extremely Doom Eternal-esque. The movement is very comparable and there's a glory kill type system where your grenades and cooldown abilities mark enemies, who then drop armor and ammo on death. There are four classes with different abilities, and currency you collect during runs and use to buy permanent upgrades in the base between runs. I did like two runs of the demo (which is just the first biome) and was counting down for the sale to start so I could snag the full game. It rules.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Ooh Manor Lords of early access? Game pass early access? Weird

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
What the hell is manor lords. Sounds like a landlord simulator.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Memnaelar posted:

Yeah, there was one in the 90s and it wasn't good.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it should be called "manored lords." that's a clever title

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Manor Lords 2: Mind Your Manors

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

kazil posted:

Manor Lords 2: Mind Your Manors

The most 1998 UK-developed-rear end game title

I can picture the bulbous cartoon character models on the box right now

Orv
May 4, 2011
It'd just be a reskin of Mob Rule.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Ill-mannered Oafs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

People are saying its like the best settlers game but a lot of the videos are of a dude running around in third person so :shrug:

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

MarcusSA posted:

People are saying its like the best settlers game but a lot of the videos are of a dude running around in third person so :shrug:

That is just a feature to run around your town from what I have seen. I don't think there is actually much of the gameplay that takes place in the 3rd person mode.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Dark souls: I got to the fog gate under the choking excess, it said i needed a key. The other way were big angries.

Dream tactics: this is a game that came out today. I liked the demo. I had the other games in the bundle so it was :10bux:

Doctor mario: also a great game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

That is just a feature to run around your town from what I have seen. I don't think there is actually much of the gameplay that takes place in the 3rd person mode.

Yeah every builder game should let you rollercoaster tycoon that poo poo on the ground

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

FrickenMoron posted:

King of the castle

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mescal posted:

Dream tactics: this is a game that came out today. I liked the demo. I had the other games in the bundle so it was :10bux:

I'm liking this game too; closest thing I can compare it to are the Mario + Rabbid games but your actions are cards. I also appreciate a deckbuilder that doesn't have roguelite elements

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

manor lords is basically a Banished style city builder, but with Total War combat. people went crazy for Banished, and this is Banished with cool fights

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I was a little hesitant on Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom because I wasn't sure if the humor would land. While indeed it has its hits and misses it is a really really drat good platformer. Very unique movement system that lets you pull off some super cool tricks once you get used to it, great level variety, tons of poo poo to collect. And it has actually gotten a few laughs from me. Checked it out this evening and 2 hours passed like they were nothing, seems to be a ton of content too

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

goferchan posted:

Man I was a little hesitant on Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom because I wasn't sure if the humor would land. While indeed it has its hits and misses it is a really really drat good platformer. Very unique movement system that lets you pull off some super cool tricks once you get used to it, great level variety, tons of poo poo to collect. And it has actually gotten a few laughs from me. Checked it out this evening and 2 hours passed like they were nothing, seems to be a ton of content too

is there a term yet for this and Pizza Tower's kind of hyperkinetic, 90s stylings? Nickelodeoncore or something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mordja posted:

is there a term yet for this and Pizza Tower's kind of hyperkinetic, 90s stylings? Nickelodeoncore or something?

I'd nominate Spumcore if not for...basically everything about Jon Kricfalusi

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I don't own a deck but manor lords is probably gonna be epic on it

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Hwurmp posted:

schneidercore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mordja posted:

I know what you mean and I can definitely see the relation but Yellow Taxi wears a really particular 3D influence on its sleeve beyond the obvious N64 collectathon comparisons. Like it took me a while to realize, but all the characters are basically Miis in terms of body proportion

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

manor lords is basically a Banished style city builder, but with Total War combat. people went crazy for Banished, and this is Banished with cool fights

I hope it isn't like Banished where its insanely easy and becomes uninteresting in like ten hours.

But thats like virtually every builder game released these days

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hwurmp posted:

Gamescore then! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Memnaelar posted:

It was very bad and used bad puppets.

I'd still play it.

Also dumped into that Kickstarter baby