Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Bussamove posted:

“All these disparate people just happened to meet up and things conveniently happened to make that possible” is, like, the weirdest complaint because yes that is how plots and stories happen, people meeting and doing things.

It's a solid show but people are mad at Bethesda/Todd Howard so they want to find something to complain about and that's about all you can complain about here other than "boy there's sure a lot of Fallout stuff in this show about Fallout! Shoving Nuka Colas and Sugar Bombs in our face!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
New Vegas is the one with the story everyone likes, right? (Although I think I recall lots of praise for the Far Harbor expansion for a previous title as well.)

Setting the second season in that setting is both a no-brainer and seriously risky. It's the obvious move because it already has a story that everyone likes and yet can be played with given the perspective of the new characters. Risky because I don't see how Lucy and Maximus can get involved in something that cold blooded.

Mr. House has a cameo during the meeting of the bigwigs right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wonder how weird it is to wake up and now you're pretending to be another vault dweller and your old friends are there but they are old now and you can't talk to them the same as you once did.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I wonder how weird it is to wake up and now you're pretending to be another vault dweller and your old friends are there but they are old now and you can't talk to them the same as you once did.

they're corporate management, they don't really do the whole "friend" thing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bright Bart posted:

New Vegas is the one with the story everyone likes, right? (Although I think I recall lots of praise for the Far Harbor expansion for a previous title as well.)

Setting the second season in that setting is both a no-brainer and seriously risky. It's the obvious move because it already has a story that everyone likes and yet can be played with given the perspective of the new characters. Risky because I don't see how Lucy and Maximus can get involved in something that cold blooded.

Mr. House has a cameo during the meeting of the bigwigs right?

Yep he's the Howard Hughes-looking dude from RobCo.

I hope that the show doesn't stay in the Mojave too long because the endings for New Vegas all mark a massive turning point in the Wasteland depending on who comes out on top. If House is alive then it's a robot army industrial powerhouse. If the Legion won then its a slaver state. If the NCR won then its a messy new state in the country that isn't doing so hot with its home city nuked. If Vegas went independent then it's an anarchist playground.

Or they could be big fans of the DUST mod for New Vegas where the entire mojave goes up in flames and becomes a survival horror simulator.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ending I don't think the Legion's going to be around, it'd be neat to see some but I doubt it. NCR depends on what they've done there since it's unclear. Since House was in the conspiracy meeting and Hank I guess thinks he can get help in Vegas, I think that points to the House ending as what they're going with. Probably the most interesting possibilities grow from that one anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Grand Fromage posted:

Ending I don't think the Legion's going to be around, it'd be neat to see some but I doubt it. NCR depends on what they've done there since it's unclear. Since House was in the conspiracy meeting and Hank I guess thinks he can get help in Vegas, I think that points to the House ending as what they're going with. Probably the most interesting possibilities grow from that one anyway.

They could pull the rug out again and use flashbacks to play up House being in communication with Vault-Tec on a number of points only to have Hank show up in New Vegas and find out House has been dead for years. Make Hank realize that Vault-Tec really, really shouldn't have pissed off the surface dwellers.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

most boring possible answer: everyone in the mojave actually did get killed by those burrower things from the divide

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

hawowanlawow posted:

most boring possible answer: everyone in the mojave actually did get killed by those burrower things from the divide

The Mojave has become a battleground between the Tunnelers and Gojira's army of Fire Geckos.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

they're corporate management, they don't really do the whole "friend" thing

Bud is a human slug lacking empathy with megalomaniacal tendencies, it makes sense that he would hand-select for those same traits in his Buds, yeah. Moreso than middle management already does, anyway.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Grand Fromage posted:

I actually thought there was going to be a reveal that Maximus was a child of the remnants of the legion, hence his name and being brought into the Brotherhood as an orphan. they have to factor into season 2 in some way, even if it's only a reference like most of the NCR stuff this season.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Arc Hammer posted:

They could pull the rug out again and use flashbacks to play up House being in communication with Vault-Tec on a number of points only to have Hank show up in New Vegas and find out House has been dead for years. Make Hank realize that Vault-Tec really, really shouldn't have pissed off the surface dwellers.

Could work yeah. Hopefully we get to see.

Saw rumor that tax credits for a season 2 production are already approved so combined with it being received well I guess that's making it likely.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

Most likely answer: The Kings took over. Season two is an episode and a half long when they run out of money adding a bunch of Elvis songs to the soundtrack in the first episode.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
(full season spoilers)

Arc Hammer posted:

If the NCR won then its a messy new state in the country that isn't doing so hot with its home city nuked.

This would be what I'd do, but I'd also have some Legion remnants hanging around at the edges too. Make the entire arc of the show (what, four seasons?) be them travelling from one side of the US to the other.

Do an entire season in Florida, pump in some original content and completely new settings / factions.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Yep he's the Howard Hughes-looking dude from RobCo.

I hope that the show doesn't stay in the Mojave too long because the endings for New Vegas all mark a massive turning point in the Wasteland depending on who comes out on top. If House is alive then it's a robot army industrial powerhouse. If the Legion won then its a slaver state. If the NCR won then its a messy new state in the country that isn't doing so hot with its home city nuked. If Vegas went independent then it's an anarchist playground.

Or they could be big fans of the DUST mod for New Vegas where the entire mojave goes up in flames and becomes a survival horror simulator.

NCR couldn't keep winning for "setting still needs some conflict" reasons, Legion was set to self-implode with Caesar's death, the Courier is a blank slate that would be hard to introduce as a character, so I vote for House winning, but Hoover Dam doesn't provide any energy anymore for some reason, so the Strip isn't glowing and the robot army is mostly offline.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megazver posted:

so I vote for House winning, but Hoover Dam doesn't provide any energy anymore for some reason, so the Strip isn't glowing and the robot army is mostly offline.

Hoover dam was obviously re-taken by the mirelurks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Megazver posted:

NCR couldn't keep winning for "setting still needs some conflict" reasons, Legion was set to self-implode with Caesar's death, the Courier is a blank slate that would be hard to introduce as a character, so I vote for House winning, but Hoover Dam doesn't provide any energy anymore for some reason, so the Strip isn't glowing and the robot army is mostly offline.

The Strip doesn't actually need Hoover Dam to function. Part of the House/Independent ending involves activating a power substation that makes New Vegas entirely self sufficient, removing Hoover Dam as a bargaining chip for the outside factions. It doesn't stop Hoover Dam from being one of the most important strategic locations in postwar America for just how much electricity it can generate, but it is also simultaneously useless for anyone who wants to use it to threaten the Strip's independence.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megazver posted:

The Boomers did the funniest thing they could

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Anyone know if there are downloads of the vault posters from Vault 33? I have access to my university plotter for free prints, and want to print some out.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the seal of approval

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1780079361431113747

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So in the big meeting of all the heads of industry, who was the shadowy figure that seemed to send Barb a message? Bud was losing control and Barb looked down at her pipboy then up at the figure then took over the meeting.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Red Rox posted:

So in the big meeting of all the heads of industry, who was the shadowy figure that seemed to send Barb a message? Bud was losing control and Barb looked down at her pipboy then up at the figure then took over the meeting.

Thats the iconic character John Fallout, hes big trouble.

Really though I'm guessing thats going to be the mystery box character we inevitably learn later is someone connected to the Enclave.

I mean yeah, for all the complaints I've had, hes genuinely the no-notes character who hits it out of the park. Unironically love Norm.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I actually thought there was going to be a reveal that Maximus was a child of the remnants of the legion, hence his name and being brought into the Brotherhood as an orphan. they have to factor into season 2 in some way, even if it's only a reference like most of the NCR stuff this season.

I mean I think with the multiple latin names we've seen and wanting to do Vegas next, wouldn't surprise me if the completely wiped out BoS absorbed whats left of Ceaser Legion too (or the NCR did first).

kingcom fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 17, 2024

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

ropekid is a longtime supporter of weird little guys.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

so if that was the Prydwen, that likely implies quite a bit.

Mostly I like how it indicates some impatience- "the gently caress are these dudes doing hiding in bunkers still? Get them recruiting wastelanders and smashing poo poo up!" sorta thing

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

My complaint about norm is that he does not look in any way like Lucy's younger brother. The guy looks like he's 30+. Apparently the actor is 30 years old as well. He does not look like a 18-25 year old.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Frances Turner really killed it as Barb, especially in ep 6.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

My complaint about norm is that he does not look in any way like Lucy's younger brother. The guy looks like he's 30+. Apparently the actor is 30 years old as well. He does not look like a 18-25 year old.

Hes just a little guy mate.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

no particular reason to assume he is her brother

BlackIronHeart posted:

Frances Turner really killed it as Barb, especially in ep 6.

that fuckin eyepatch is smoking hot

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

(full season spoilers)

This would be what I'd do, but I'd also have some Legion remnants hanging around at the edges too. Make the entire arc of the show (what, four seasons?) be them travelling from one side of the US to the other.

Do an entire season in Florida, pump in some original content and completely new settings / factions.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but y'all realize that this isn't going to deal with Legion or NCR remnants or some unseen faction, it's going to be Brotherhood vs Enclave, right?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Flesh Forge posted:

no particular reason to assume he is her brother

Except for the times when the show tells you he is her brother? Including in Lucy's opening narration in episode 1?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Back Hack posted:

Not to be a stick in the mud, but y'all realize that this isn't going to deal with Legion or NCR remnants or some unseen faction, it's going to be Brotherhood vs Enclave, right?

Bookmarking this.

Either you're wrong and it'll be awesome, or you're right and it'll br awesome

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope every place they go to in season 2 is either empty because everyone already died there, or they kill everyone there when they arrive.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I went to high school with a guy who looked like he was in his thirties. Dude had the fullest beard I've ever seen on a teenager.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

I hope every place they go to in season 2 is either empty because everyone already died there, or they kill everyone there when they arrive.

Every NPC A-poses and then ragdolls when the main characters enter an area

Two bodies explode into giblets, triggering a series of mines and trip wires as shotguns go off and grenade bundles drop

"What happened here?" says Lucy through the tinnitus while "The ghoul is unconcious!" pops up in the corner of the screen

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Except for the times when the show tells you he is her brother? Including in Lucy's opening narration in episode 1?

Yeah there's no way she could be wrong about something like THAT

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
brain on a roomba says "you only have half of Hank MacLean's DNA" after scanning him, so yeah he is at least Hank's son so we can kinda assume he's Lucy's brother unless her parentage is a lie for some reason

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah there's no way she'd be wrong about THAT either

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why would the show lie about that? That is terrible storytelling and there's nothing to indicate the writers are that level of awful hack.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's a lot of rationalization for why a 30 year old actor looks like he's 30 playing a 19 year old.

Next you'll be telling me that Thaddeus isn't actually 20 because his actor is 43.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He looks like he is 30 but the size of like a 12 year old. So maybe they just wanted to split the difference.