Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

how dumb are these people feeling right now?

I just loaded up my next million into DJT! It may be a heloc but I'm gonna be rich!

million of lols, that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely don't grasp the point of a week limit period. If you think abortion is murder then it isn't like you're going to be placated by "just a bit murder" and if not then abortion should be legal as long as it is medically necessary, not some arbitrary week count. Who does it make happy?

Because we as a country for so long treated capitulation with the GOP as "compromise", that now they think "women having no biological rights at arbitrary period we control" is a compromise

In their minds, they will be in power forever, and "they could just ban all of it, instead of letting you have any, you ungrateful cows!"

It's the problem of letting a party of old white mysoginists determine what is "fair" for the biological rights of women. It's also because many of them are fanatical lunatics to an extremely skewed and warped version of Christianity that reinforces white male supremacy, and they are all the Big Man down here enforcing the Big Sky Daddy's will.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A 6 week limit effectively bans all abortions, as most women won’t even know they’re pregnant by then or at least it will be too late to do anything about it in time. But they can also say “Oh no, we haven’t banned abortion at all, there’s a very reasonable six week limit, we’re not monsters you know.”

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely don't grasp the point of a week limit period. If you think abortion is murder then it isn't like you're going to be placated by "just a bit murder" and if not then abortion should be legal as long as it is medically necessary, not some arbitrary week count. Who does it make happy?

The only consistent explanation I can sort of understand is IF you think abortion is murder, but you DON'T think that a fertilized egg or zygote is a "human" then you oppose abortion after fetal viability.

Except that's closer to 25 weeks. So ya, it's just hypocritical pandering by a party that finally caught the car and can't find a way off.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ImpAtom posted:

It sounds superficially reasonable (by implying that late term abortions are common and used as birth control) and lets them get their foot in the door.

A total ban was always the goal. At most they might occasionally permit it to save the mother’s life — but I think that they have left that behind now.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I think the GOP realizes they accidentally let the nutcases on the plane with explosive vests, and now they’re trying to placate them by offering to let them blow up just the cargo bay. It won’t do poo poo for anyone but they’re desperate to keep the crazies from indiscriminately harming everyone, GOP included.

With how dumb your average anti-choice woman-hating bigot is, it might actually have a chance at working on all but the most insane and hate-filled freaks.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nessus posted:

It sounds superficially reasonable (by implying that late term abortions are common and used as birth control) and lets them get their foot in the door.

A total ban was always the goal. At most they might occasionally permit it to save the mother’s life — but I think that they have left that behind now.

It's just about mysoginists now

Like all the incels posting on 4chan weren't teenagers, they were wierd evangelical fuckwads in their late 30s-early 40s

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

The endgame is binary, either abortion is outlawed or it isn't. But the GOP knows that one end of the spectrum is political suicide so they keep trying to find some way to placate both crowds and just angering everyone.

I truly believe the pro-life crowd won't be appeased until raped women experiencing health complications are told to go down with the ship.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

funeral home DJ posted:

Honestly I think the GOP realizes they accidentally let the nutcases on the plane with explosive vests, and now they’re trying to placate them by offering to let them blow up just the cargo bay. It won’t do poo poo for anyone but they’re desperate to keep the crazies from indiscriminately harming everyone, GOP included.

With how dumb your average anti-choice woman-hating bigot is, it might actually have a chance at working on all but the most insane and hate-filled freaks.
Oh I imagine they’d try and if Bidens numbers get good the Chud community might even bend a little, but I suspect the campaign is going to be broadcasting on the topic

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Three Olives posted:

Wait, the bacon is served with 1 dill pickle spear and a lime wedge? I'm dying.

And I just noticed to plastic bottle of Fiji water in a case lol

I've seen this before. Zombies drop it when you kill them in Minecraft.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

They're all so loving stupid.

TEXANS CAN'T SERVE? REPUBLICANS CAN'T SERVE? PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WILL HAVE BIAS CAN'T SERVE? WHAT IS THIS

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I'm behind, but since I haven't heard of dump being in jail I'll post. There is no way in which trump wouldn't end up in jail from contempt in any court as a normal person. If his bullshit is allowed in criminal court then I absolutely will act like the hugest piece of poo poo the next time I got a misdemeanor and cite the case as to why I can do any unhinged poo poo I want while in court. gently caress... I really want to see him go to jail for running his mouth and, obviously he will, I hope the judge hits him for it.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
"Juror 76 it shows here you have exactly one social media account...on Myspace. Kinda weird. Also, it appears that you've only posted one picture every day for the past 9 years - a picture of one Donald J. Trump backhanding a tennis ball. What's that all about?"

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yes but why are the clothespins burnt? Why is the rack they came on burnt?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Corn Glizzy posted:

Yes but why are the clothespins burnt? Why is the rack they came on burnt?

Because it was underdone, and it sat plated under a lamp until they decided to torch it right before it went out the swinging doors.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 16, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just sat juror #7

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:five:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

With 7 of 18 seated by day two, is this going faster than expected?

Also why is it 18 in NY? 12 seems like it would be plenty

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

12 + 6 alternatives

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

New York courts require a 12 person jury and a team of 6 elite shitposters

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

The jury is 12, plus alternates.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

nesamdoom posted:

I'm behind, but since I haven't heard of dump being in jail I'll post. There is no way in which trump wouldn't end up in jail from contempt in any court as a normal person. If his bullshit is allowed in criminal court then I absolutely will act like the hugest piece of poo poo the next time I got a misdemeanor and cite the case as to why I can do any unhinged poo poo I want while in court. gently caress... I really want to see him go to jail for running his mouth and, obviously he will, I hope the judge hits him for it.

Well I mean not to doomer up the thread but there's also the liability that he'll be convicted and get :decorum: probation for being an active prez nominee of a major party.

Then there's also the possibility that the Supreme Court in July is going to 5-4 rule that the DOJ overreached on their interpretation of "otherwise" and gently caress up the whole GA trial, so there's a lot riding on this case instead.

I'll show myself out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Presumably they want backups in case one of the first 12 has to quit or gets booted off.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

you know, i've said some DUMB poo poo online, but at least i can sleep at night knowing that i never typed out 'i wish batman was real'.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're calling for Batman now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Honestly, it feels like it's going fast.

Also, twelve jurors, six alternates who will have to be there the whole time as well but won't vote unless one of the twelve has to be dismissed. This is a near guarantee during this trial.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

They spent a large portion of yesterday on other stuff, but there is also no court tomorrow. 11 more jurors in 2 days doesn't seem impossible.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

"Robin, someone has robbed the Gotham playing card museum stealing the jack of diamonds statue. It can only the work of one villainous miscreant: the Trump!"

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

kazil posted:

lmao Trump has to be so pissed right now

Please tell me this was played in court:

https://youtu.be/pIFnhSrz0Ic?si=ZqZ-yLEsOx_cgWvq

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Catastrophe posted:

I wish I could remember my family's original last name. They moved to the States long, long ago from what was then Czechoslovakia. After moving here, they decided to shorten their surname to be more palatable for Americans. It basically went from something like "Janimekzewski" to "Janim" or whatever (that is nowhere near my name but you get the point).

-wski is a common ending in Poland and maybe parts of Lithuania, but not in Czech or Slovakian. It would be more Janáček or Jánošík

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Random Stranger posted:

"Robin, someone has robbed the Gotham playing card museum stealing the jack of diamonds statue. It can only the work of one villainous miscreant: the Trump!"

He’d be more of a Hamburgler man.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

what are the odds on Donald Trump being mad as gently caress about AI at his next Nazi rally

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

trump supporters begging for a gun-hating new york elitist billionaire to save them is certainly a thing i guess

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol @ anyone thinking that the vicious attacks on abortion from the Right right now have anything to do with anything other than hatred for women and a need to inflict harm and cruelty onto others.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

This whole system you have of trying to puzzle out some theoretical perfectly neutral jury seems weird to me.

Here in the UK, you gather at the court till you're selected at random to hear a trial.

The judge gives brief details of the case and asks if you happen to know anyone involved or have some personal connection with the case.

Failing that you're good to go.

It's also way harder to be excused from jury service in the first place as well. You can get one deferment without too much trouble, but apart from that you need a really good reason.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Deptfordx posted:

This whole system you have of trying to puzzle out some theoretical perfectly neutral jury seems weird to me.

Here in the UK, you gather at the court till you're selected at random to hear a trial.

The judge gives brief details of the case and asks if you happen to know anyone involved or have some personal connection with the case.

Failing that you're good to go.

It's also way harder to be excused from jury service in the first place as well. You can get one deferment without too much trouble, but apart from that you need a really good reason.

This is the trial of the former President of the United States and current Republican nominee for President of the United States.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Is it true that Turmp has an assistant that follows him around with a printer to print off Truths and whatnot that praise him? I like to think that person has been working overtime after today.