Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Thunderbolts*
*While supplies last. Not valid with any other offer or promotion. No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited. All Disney employees and direct family ineligible.

I see some future Netflix docu-series in the making here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

iceyman posted:

But no one on the Thunderbolts* team is really all that evil. I feel like Dark Avengers only works if they are Evil with a capital E.

It's a typo, they're the Dork Avengers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bruceski posted:

It's a typo, they're the Dork Avengers.

No Ms. Marvel tho? :confused:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe they're doing the original twist?

I don't see how unless there's some 4D chess going on, given that we have a good idea who 80% of the cast is

Now, the Thunderbolts (reformed fuckups with hearts of gold) VS the Dark Avengers (who are villains in disguise), that's a movie. But perhaps too ambitious?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Thunderbolts*

*Thunderbolt's...as in Thunderbolt Ross yes it's his team that's what we're doing....

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Thunderbolts and Captain America.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I assume their using the asterix in the Vonnegut way

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The_Doctor posted:

No Ms. Marvel tho? :confused:

Personally I was thinking Great Lakes when I typed that.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Just according to Thunderbolts*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Finally, it’s the long overdue sequel to *batteries not included.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Thunderbolts*
contents may settle in transit

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Thunderbolts*

* - Thunderbolts not included

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want to see more Yelena. Is that too much to ask? Though Pugh is very in demand I'm sure its not 100% Disney going "eh lets not use this character".

But yea, no one, except maybe US Agent and Ghost, would be on an evil black ops kill team. I'm sure the movie will be more them being sent to do dirty work against hostile powers and agents that requires killing and blowing poo poo up, but it won't be killing babies or eating sex workers like the Dark Avengers did. Probably Val at the end will send them on a mission to kill the leader of a dangerous foreign country and it turns out to be Young T'challa and they're all "what the gently caress is poo poo poo poo?" and Val sends her goons after them.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
If this is actually going to be Dark Avengers and not the Thunderbolts, they really messed up the title.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I just want to see more Yelena. Is that too much to ask? Though Pugh is very in demand I'm sure its not 100% Disney going "eh lets not use this character".

She's in this movie and is filming it right now!

Though they need more of her and Kate interacting.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Pugh's not just in it but it sounds like it's her movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I haven't heard much about the plot but it wouldn't surprise me if she was the main character. I would think her and Bucky would be the two characters you'd want to get the most focus since they're the most popular ones.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

I haven't heard much about the plot but it wouldn't surprise me if she was the main character. I would think her and Bucky would be the two characters you'd want to get the most focus since they're the most popular ones.

Bucky is supposedly not in it very much at all.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Feige would be wise to glom onto Pugh. She's the closest thing to a Downey they still have around.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

She's in this movie and is filming it right now!

Though they need more of her and Kate interacting.

Yea! Hence why I am excited for it. And the latter, very much yes.

Maybe the credits sequence is Yelena and Kate showing up at Kamala's house going "hey, you said you wanted to form a YOUNG AVENGERS, lets go".

And before someone says "uh Florence Pugh is almost 30, she can't be a young avengers movie", let me tell you about everyone in High School on TV and in movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pruitt Taylor Vince has been cast as Pa Kent in Superman, which is definitely a non-traditional casting. Also James Gunn has started filming Peacemaker s2 but apparently he's got it all figured out how he can do both at the same time.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

muscles like this! posted:

Pruitt Taylor Vince has been cast as Pa Kent in Superman, which is definitely a non-traditional casting. Also James Gunn has started filming Peacemaker s2 but apparently he's got it all figured out how he can do both at the same time.

Oh he’s great. He also looks like every farmer I’ve ever met. (Aside from the wiggly eyes)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I have seen that said so many times today so I had to look him up.

Hard to deny it's not true.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh yeah, he's definitely the most realistic farmer casting for Pa Kent.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

The face of a man who knows how to grow corn.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Joe Fisto posted:

The face of a man who knows how to grow corn.

Ma Kent makes do

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh god he's gonna be an awesome Pa Kent. Great actor.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You got Pa, so here's Ma!

Neva Howell to Play Martha Kent in ‘Superman’ | Exclusive

https://www.thewrap.com/superman-neva-howell-martha-kent-actor-james-gunn/

Neva Howell has been cast as Martha Kent, aka Ma Kent, in James Gunn’s “Superman,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Martha Kent is the wife of Jonathan Kent and adoptive mother of Superman on Earth, also known as Clark Kent. Pruitt Taylor Vince in playing Jonathan Kent, which TheWrap first reported.

Phyllis Thaxter first played Martha Kent in the 1978 film “Superman,” followed by Eva Marie Saint in 2006’s “Superman Returns,” and Diane Lane in 2013’s “Man of Steel.”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

His name goes the wrong direction.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Last Call posted:

Neva Howell has been cast as Martha Kent, aka Ma Kent, in James Gunn’s “Superman,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Martha Kent is the wife of Jonathan Kent and adoptive mother of Superman on Earth, also known as Clark Kent. Pruitt Taylor Vince in playing Jonathan Kent, which TheWrap first reported.

Phyllis Thaxter first played Martha Kent in the 1978 film “Superman,” followed by Eva Marie Saint in 2006’s “Superman Returns,” and Diane Lane in 2013’s “Man of Steel.”

MARTHAAAAA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm looking forward to seeing The Bunk as Perry White

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Soul Glo posted:

MARTHAAAAA

WHY'D YOU SAY THAT NAME

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

WOKE James Gunn is denying us a sexy Martha Kent. #SYNDERVERSE4LIFE

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

His name goes the wrong direction.

Maybe he was raised in Japan.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Last Call posted:

I just need to ask. Where was Jonathan Kent on Jan 6th, 2021?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

X-O posted:

Oh god he's gonna be an awesome Pa Kent. Great actor.

I love him so much, good casting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I just need to ask. Where was Jonathan Kent on Jan 6th, 2021?

Jonathan Kent was at home farming.

However don't ask where Perry White was.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
perry white power

is that anything

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Jonathan Kent was at home farming.

However don't ask where Perry White was.

At home, minding his own drat business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We got an early Cap 4 leak thanks to some toys intended for another country. I don't think this is a huge surprise if you know the comics, but I'm going to spoil it anyway-

A McDonald's ad for the movie in Brazil spoils the not super surprise that we are getting Red Hulk in the movie at some point.

https://www.ign.com/articles/captain-america-brave-new-world-mcdonalds-toys-thunderbolt-ross