Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

An organizational overhaul every 5 years? :lol:

:lol:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

"A complete organizational overhaul, except for C-suite" sounds a lot like a company with a crippling amount of turnover from terrible management

Blizzard do this.
2024, 2018, 2012, all massive layoff years of the low rung people, who do all the work, while most the upper management stay and ruin poo poo more for the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/FredericLambert/status/1779994712818045429

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I always heard it as seagull management

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Tom Holland has been hacked and his account is pushing "Spider Coins".

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"This one time, he got headshotted by an arrow and just kept on keepin' on. Tried to play it off like a Steve Martin bit, but he had no idea who Steve Martin is. Kept saying 'I'm Steen, Marty!'"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

happyhippy posted:

Blizzard do this.
2024, 2018, 2012, all massive layoff years of the low rung people, who do all the work, while most the upper management stay and ruin poo poo more for the company.

Valve is the best, completely flat org chart. People just do what they want and form and disband teams as it makes sense for whatever vanity project they've decided to work on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes prompt engineering.

*uses kid as a prop for a photo shoot before handing it off to THEHELP so i can get into a ket hole*

e: wait he's back to the halloween red suit avatar??

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
He thinks dressing up in that stupid costume was the coolest he's ever looked, and he's right

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

In that he pays some one else to do it and will take the credit if it turns out well.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

That explains the weird names.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"everything else is variations on a horse carriage" says the guy whose idea is to take a horseless carriage and make it driverless.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What car company did Elon own in 2003? :confused:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
https://www.theinformation.com/articles/before-tesla-layoffs-musk-cranked-up-pressure-amid-sales-slump

Article is paywalled but the non-paywalled part is pretty funny.

Construction on Tesla's Austin factory expansion is delayed because it's waiting for Musk's other company to drill a hole in the ground so they can have a Cybertruck tunnel.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
cybertrunnel

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol techbros need to get out of their god drat bubbles, the tech divide isnt even a canyon, its a massive desert.

hell there even a counter culture to big tech given all the poo poo it has caused. also iphone sales have probably reach their saturation point and dumbass loving stupid investors are going to learn you cant just keep selling a physical object forever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PhazonLink posted:

lol techbros need to get out of their god drat bubbles, the tech divide isnt even a canyon, its a massive desert.

hell there even a counter culture to big tech given all the poo poo it has caused.

It might be these forums and only these forums. Plus maybe a couple dozen crunchy granola dudes living in trees in the Sierras.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also if theres a radical cutting to labor, then how do (newly laidoff)consumers have money to bu ythings?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

also if theres a radical cutting to labor, then how do (newly laidoff)consumers have money to bu ythings?

Everyone else is going to make money buying and selling crypto currency obviously

and slaving and dying on mars.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Profound.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Vinrod sounds like a real nimrod, and Jim Fan also sounds dumb.

jesus at the nested stupidity.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Let's start with one, then maybe you can actually make some claims.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
we will have a billion bipedal (and other) robots freeing white humans from their oppression by (((undesirables)))

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

“In the next decade” is laughable. In the next century is a maybe, and that’s mostly because iPhones will be replaced by some other brand or name. No one’s going to replace a human employee with a machine which costs more than that employee’s lifetime salary and also works at a quarter of the speed

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Let's free everyone from their jobs!

Use the robots' labor to fund UBI? That's communism!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
make the robots do CEO “work”

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
You don't need a robot to be a CEO, you just need an AI that can charismatically bullshit investors into giving you another funding round.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

no! no buy! only pay!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon Musk: Nazi content rounds down to almost zero

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
My eyes glaze over every time they pretend there's even more than 150 million users. Guaranteed a majority of the 400 users I've left out are abandoned accounts and bots.

But whatever, it looks great for metrics.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

JAMOOOL posted:

comp sci poo poo is the one thing this guy's supposed to be good at

The guy has an economics degree

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

go off about how many active overall accounts there are when the real crux is that these are premium accounts and so have access to the content boosts twitter gives those accounts amplifying them way beyond a regular account's reach

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I do not believe there are 550 million active monthly users.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

go off about how many active overall accounts there are when the real crux is that these are premium accounts and so have access to the content boosts twitter gives those accounts amplifying them way beyond a regular account's reach

Also that musk just keeps on re-tweeting their posts all the time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Murdstone posted:

I do not believe there are 550 million active monthly users.

Bots are users my friend!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

kazil posted:

The correct response to this is "an external source without direct access to your backend found 150 premium accounts posting nazi content. Why didn't you, with your direct access search tools, user reports and bot protection stuff find them first?"

(the answer is, of course, that he protects the nazis, but that would make him twitch a little)

edit: NBC should, if they didn't already do it, put every single nazi account/tweet they found into Twitter's reporting system, then come with a followup article in some weeks that would probably go like "we reported 150+ nazi accounts on twitter. 130 of them are still active"

ymgve fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 17, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

0.5 gigausers can be rounded down to 0 according to the FDA.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
So… a nonzero amount then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

as would be obvious, ever check response is sucking off musk