Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Dillbag posted:

I have a friend who had undiagnosed giardia for a number of years in his early 20s. He was 5'10" and 95 lbs.

He’s got the beaver fever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Dillbag posted:

I have a friend who had undiagnosed giardia for a number of years in his early 20s. He was 5'10" and 95 lbs.

That's the deer poo poo one, right? You drink from crystal clear creeks and something upstream nukes your small intestine.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Dillbag posted:

I knew a guy who got intestinal parasites from swimming in the Ganges river. He knew he was sick and I think he even got it diagnosed but he didn’t actually get it treated for months because he was too lazy. His parents were also loaded so it’s not like affording it was an issue

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I went two gregorian calendar years with "IDK, I guess it's IBS" knocking me on my rear end for 2 weeks at a time every two months until I found the :nms: hookworms on the way out :gonk:

Walking barefoot on dirt / creeks is common in my family. I don't do it much anymore.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm having tummy aches right now op

try pasteurization

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
...and face to bloodshed?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Walking barefoot on dirt / creeks is common in my family. I don't do it much anymore.

Barefoot is in, in certain crowds and every time I see it I think about hookworms. There are places where growing up one is taught to never ever walk around outside without shoes on.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

too soon

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Too late, Ides of March is long gone.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I was just there last week

On the other side of that section there's a similar relief of someone being thrown from the bridge to their death, and he is burnished clean by all the rubbing too

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

QR Code Geass posted:

That's the deer poo poo one, right? You drink from crystal clear creeks and something upstream nukes your small intestine.

Remembering those tech bros trying to start a "raw water" company by trespassing on private land and just putting unfiltered stream water into bottles to sell.

ScreenDoorThrillr
Jun 23, 2023

loving Moron posted:

Having poo poo sprayed at you by a wet murderous land tank is probably the best thing that can happen.

Hell yeah, brother :shrek:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Remembering those tech bros trying to start a "raw water" company by trespassing on private land and just putting unfiltered stream water into bottles to sell.

I want a link to this one if it's real, because how could anyone be so goddamn stup-

Ah, right.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I'm the people who have also been rubbing the ladies butt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want a link to this one if it's real, because how could anyone be so goddamn stup-

Ah, right.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/01/why-the-raw-water-movement-is-so-obnoxious.html

quote:

Then there’s the stupidity. Raw water enthusiasts trespass on private land, at night, to harvest from secret springs. These people are not only risking legal consequences, they’re risking contracting a bacterial infection or parasite, as physicians and public health experts have warned

Silicon Valley entrepreneurs have found a way to market drinking water up to $36.99 for a 2½-gallon bottle and refills for $14.99—that’s about 30 times the cost of regular bottled water, which itself costs between 300 and 2,000 times the cost of municipal drinking water.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Lol but also ew

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess I (mostly) lucked out. I ran around barefoot all the time as a kid, and until the summer before I started 8th grade, the worst thing that happened was I discovered what stinging nettles were. I also discovered why my aunt kept a small aloe plant on her kitchen window sill.

Near the end of the above mentioned summer, it had just rained, and we were all playing outside. There was a dirt road that cut through a small patch of woods leading to the main highway. For whatever reason, the end near our neighborhood was 2 or 3 feet lower than the wooded area on either side, and puddles had formed. We took turns jumping off of the wooded area into the puddles. I was the one who found the broken glass jar with the arch and left side of my right foot. 9 stitches that summer, crutches, and wasn't able to start school until 4 weeks in.

I still go barefoot inside, and I don't put on shoes for things like taking out the trash or checking the mail.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Something in Bolivia made me poo poo blood for about six months. The fish in Peru had me bedridden with hallucinations and fever for two weeks, and weak as gently caress for another month. Good times.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

South America sounds dangerous

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

venus de lmao posted:

South America sounds dangerous

Only the dangerous parts but the rest is awesome

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

loving Moron posted:

Having poo poo sprayed at you by a wet murderous land tank is probably the best thing that can happen.

Hippos scare the hell out of me.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Another video made worse by crops and zooms.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Best half hour of television ever made.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kdrudy posted:

What's it from? That looks like Andy Daly

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Review (US).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's best to watch the full episode, but here's the bit in particular.
https://youtu.be/uloT8V6Skgk

The full show should still be on Paramount Plus.

e:

kdrudy posted:

I sometimes feel like I'm exaggerating when I say this, but then I watch it again and am delighted every time. Andy Daly is a treasure and it's a shame he doesn't get to do more.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Apr 17, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

He spent the money on the tattoo but not removal of the... thing?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Scratch Monkey posted:

Mole removal costs way more than a tattoo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Scratch Monkey posted:

as someone who grew up in rural england, lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
English: give me all your spice
Rest of world: to use, right?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Kit Walker posted:

I'll do it for $20 no problem

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
slutty

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

This thread is becoming my medical history 'cos guess what? I've got a mole story.
I had a mole on my cheek that was getting medically interesting, due to fact that it got shaved (along with the rest of my face - I wasn't just shaving the mole) so a doctor said the best thing was to remove it. Fine, wasn't particularly attached to the mole except in the literal fact. He said that he could do it in the GP surgery - had a go. Turns out he can't, cos it's surgery and he's not a surgeon. So I get sent to an actual professional in a hospital to have this gone. No problem. Weirdly I had to be naked 'cepting for a surgical gown - the mole was on my face, and the other patients were allowed to keep their underwear on - still baffled. The procedure went fine, until towards the end when the local anesthetic wore off and I could feel what was going on. I could tolerate it, so did so. Until they cauterised it. I was a bit sweary, they were surprised and it's my fault, 'cos I should have mentioned it earlier.
Oddly, whenever i go to the doctors now, my blood pressure goes thru the roof, which is not good for health checks. As you can probably tell I try not to see doctors very often now.
I'll aim to not to mention my health experiences, 'cos I'm assuming there's a thread for that that I will endeavour to find.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

it's important to be fully nude during mole removal

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

vdarknight posted:

This thread is becoming my medical history 'cos guess what? I've got a mole story.
I had a mole on my cheek that was getting medically interesting, due to fact that it got shaved (along with the rest of my face - I wasn't just shaving the mole) so a doctor said the best thing was to remove it. Fine, wasn't particularly attached to the mole except in the literal fact. He said that he could do it in the GP surgery - had a go. Turns out he can't, cos it's surgery and he's not a surgeon. So I get sent to an actual professional in a hospital to have this gone. No problem. Weirdly I had to be naked 'cepting for a surgical gown - the mole was on my face, and the other patients were allowed to keep their underwear on - still baffled. The procedure went fine, until towards the end when the local anesthetic wore off and I could feel what was going on. I could tolerate it, so did so. Until they cauterised it. I was a bit sweary, they were surprised and it's my fault, 'cos I should have mentioned it earlier.
Oddly, whenever i go to the doctors now, my blood pressure goes thru the roof, which is not good for health checks. As you can probably tell I try not to see doctors very often now.
I'll aim to not to mention my health experiences, 'cos I'm assuming there's a thread for that that I will endeavour to find.

They sent you to the fuckin hospital OR for a mole removal? There were no skin clinics that could do it in the office?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I get naked at the doctor's whether they want me to or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti