Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gay anime poo poo for girls is the only good media that exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
All media is garbage and I'm the trash can.

Fill me up.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

No Dignity posted:

Deeply confused how someone could wander into this of all threads and start complaining about something being gay anime poo poo for girls

It feels like the "this game is too ANIME" thing comes up every couple of months.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Levantine posted:

All media is garbage and I'm the trash can.

Fill me up.

:same:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Going back on topic, Scarlet Nexus doesn't actually end with them killing god with the power of friendship, but it does end up abandoning its more interesting ideas, imo. IE: it kind of forgets about its dystopian stuff in favor of just stopping the bad guy and saving the world.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Endorph posted:

she specifically wanted to wish for the 'perfect' man, not just any guy, iirc
Well yeah, if you're getting magic involved you might as well go for the gold.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jack Trades posted:

I remember trying some Scarlet Nexus because it has some interesting designs and the intro presented some vaguely interesting ideas, reminded me a little of one of the few anime I liked called Psycho-Pass, but then it went into a mandatory slice-of-life sequence with the teenage girls talking about boyfriends, and I dropped the game because I have very low anime tolerance, but now I'm wondering if maybe I was too hasty.

Can someone tell me without spoilers if that game's plot goes somewhere interesting or does it do the formulaic anime thing of anime teenagers killing god with the power of friendship?

It's half VN and half CAG and is overall worse off for trying to straddle both genres imo. Everything about it is "okay" but no single aspect is particularly compelling enough to warrant playing, especially if you don't find the characters interesting

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think it's like a VN in any sense, actually?

...This feel like deja vu somehow.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I guess they just mean due to some of the cutscenes being essentially stills. I don't count that as a VN though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

Going back on topic, Scarlet Nexus doesn't actually end with them killing god with the power of friendship, but it does end up abandoning its more interesting ideas, imo. IE: it kind of forgets about its dystopian stuff in favor of just stopping the bad guy and saving the world.

Oh...well that certainly kills any interest I had in it. Thanks.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I platinumed Scarlet Nexus and can't remember a scene where teenage girls talk about their boyfriends?

But it was pretty fun, filled with anime bullshit, and a little too long. A very fine 7/10 game. The bad poster won't like it, but maybe you will.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I guess they just mean due to some of the cutscenes being essentially stills. I don't count that as a VN though.

Yeah, not really a VN agreed, just the weird downtime section in between missions where you go around and talk to all the other characters just felt really disjointed like it was from some other game entirely. Espcially when you go to hang out with members of the other "team" and they're all like "you're trying to kill us wtf do you want? Why did I even agree to speak to you?" Which is pretty lol tbh but the vibes of that game are all over the place.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jack Trades posted:

I remember trying some Scarlet Nexus because it has some interesting designs and the intro presented some vaguely interesting ideas, reminded me a little of one of the few anime I liked called Psycho-Pass, but then it went into a mandatory slice-of-life sequence with the teenage girls talking about boyfriends, and I dropped the game because I have very low anime tolerance, but now I'm wondering if maybe I was too hasty.

Can someone tell me without spoilers if that game's plot goes somewhere interesting or does it do the formulaic anime thing of anime teenagers killing god with the power of friendship?

Oxxidation posted:

loving store-brand delphisage

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Scarlet Nexus is Dawn of Mana-core because you throw poo poo at enemies to open them up and it's also not that good but I liked it.

Endorph posted:

grandia xtreme was the first step on the road to the destruction of palestine

grandia extremist views, joker's trick

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

No Dignity posted:

Deeply confused how someone could wander into this of all threads and start complaining about something being gay anime poo poo for girls

jack trades

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

you missed one videogames

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

9 for Kakegurui. Jesus.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Um. Just so you guys know. Im not into this poo poo. *plays video of k-on* You see this? I dont watch that. Thats what i dont watch. I only watch Psycho Pass.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you know the one thing i have to ask a question about is lain being down in the 3s. what'd lain do to you to get it placed below mirai nikki

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i wasn't even aware that people complaining that all anime was slice of life existed anymore. like i thought i had wandered into 2015 4chan or some poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Colonel posted:

you know the one thing i have to ask a question about is lain being down in the 3s. what'd lain do to you.

-not be as good as Digimon Tamers

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you missed one VG

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Not enough powerline buzzing!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what's the story with the 2007 swim club ecchi anime nobody's talked about in a decade

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
now that konaka got brought up i want to watch The Big O

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

you know the one thing i have to ask a question about is lain being down in the 3s. what'd lain do to you to get it placed below mirai nikki

Literally nothing happened in first 3 episodes, which is how far I could handle watching it.
Mirai Nikki wasn't great but at least stuff happened in it.

The Colonel posted:

what's the story with the 2007 swim club ecchi anime nobody's talked about in a decade

I watched it when I was in middle school because it was what was available on my local torrent. I hardly remember what it was about, beyond it being generic trash.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 17, 2024

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

now that konaka got brought up i want to watch The Big O

they should make an rpg about the big o

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the big o cinematic universe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hitting start game and sitting down to listen to two minutes of a guy going BIG O. BIG O BIG O, BIG O. IN THE NAME OF GOD, YE NOT GUILTY, WE HAVE CAME TO TERMS BIG O

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The Colonel posted:

What kinda battle system do you think?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Colonel posted:

It appears in a bunch of SRW at least

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I really need to play an SRW game one of these days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cumpantry posted:

9 for Kakegurui. Jesus.

Yeah should be 10

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

I really need to play an SRW game one of these days.

They are fun as hell as long as you like robot anime and don't mind a low difficulty level

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cumpantry posted:

9 for Kakegurui. Jesus.

That soundtrack is loving phenomenal and I will hear nothing else.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

cumpantry posted:

9 for Kakegurui. Jesus.

Rating goblin slayer twice as high as Lain.

I'm sorry Jack, I believe you might be dumb as heck.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sleng Teng posted:

What kinda battle system do you think?

i dunno whether i'd want ground stuff based around evasion and infiltration that builds into big robot battles, or a party based rpg where you have a meter that charges up and once it's fully charged you get to shout "BIG O, IT'S SHOWTIME"

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I would simply not give the bad poster who craves attention any attention.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
boss fight where you can't call big o because it's the episode where a guy built a fake roger torso and head on wheels to distract the big o by just rolling in one direction and shouting "BIG O. BIG O. BIG O." over and over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA93d9Hw8r4