Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

pro starcraft loser posted:

I don't understand how premarket works. Do certain people/companies get to trade before everyone else? Are these people buying and won't get them until 930? Because if its the later than lol.

Overnight and premarket trading exists but it's generally reserved for large corporations and traders who have special access. The vast majority of retail traders and day traders don't have access to it. Like, you can't get access to it if you just sign up for a Robinhood account or something and ask nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Trying to picture the undecided voter whose vote is swayed by "trump" stepping into a bodega for a few seconds. There may not be a lot but this is a person who 100% exists.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

big nipples big life posted:

Trying to picture the undecided voter whose vote is swayed by "trump" stepping into a bodega for a few seconds. There may not be a lot but this is a person who 100% exists.

That person thinks Bodega is a foreign country and Trump is doing some foreign diplomacy or setting up another guaranteed-successful business enterprise there

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

No way... is that real...?

==

Someone bought the dip

The strain of them trying to keep it above $23 is almost tangible

==

That's not 5th Avenue...?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Give me a well done steak with ketchup, THE OCKY WAY

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Overnight and premarket trading exists but it's generally reserved for large corporations and traders who have special access. The vast majority of retail traders and day traders don't have access to it. Like, you can't get access to it if you just sign up for a Robinhood account or something and ask nicely.

I don't know about Robinhood in particular, but my broker (which is nothing special) definitely lets me do it just fine. As was posted before, the big thing is that you have to make limit orders. In other words, there's no no notion of buying and selling at "current price". Combine that with a low volume of trading, and it's just rarely worth the effort.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 17, 2024

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

worst “Choke Job” in history, Dernald?

I think it was the dude who never expected to be president but won, who then could have lived the rest of his life comfortably grifting after losing reelection, but instead will spend the rest of it in court.

Weeks and months in court, falling asleep due to low energy, waking up only to post ridiculous, error-filled screeds on social media that provoke ridicule from millions. SAD!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

This is beautiful but it'd be even better if it was one of those tiny bottles of ketchup that he'd pulled from his nussy pocket and thrown at the judge.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Civil posted:

Give me a well done steak with ketchup, THE OCKY WAY

*grabs fruity pebbles*

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

lol at rittenhouse next to 2nd Trump

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

:eyepop:

You gotta shitter in this dump?

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

It's also very heavily monitored for insider trading and market manipulation (general capitalist theory says that the live market corrects price anomalies outside of certain schemes in unhealthy stocks) spiking the price like that right before opening is going to get you some very unpleasant conversations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hmm, no trial today, number go up

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

kazil posted:

Not enough lols today. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!!!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

kazil posted:

Stop buying you maniacs...!!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

kazil posted:

NOOOOOOOOOO

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

beerinator posted:

Not enough lols today. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!!!

Don’t forget we have the motion to vacate hanging over Weird Mike’s head, and he’s currently battling an inbred CrossFit Neanderthal and a strange gun pervert to keep his job.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

think of the number going up as maga boats being launched into lake travis. the good part is coming.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Wow, yeah just look at that clotheshorse! What fascism fashion sense!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

pull over, i'm about to sPHWAAHHHHH

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

Trump absolutely got brain damage back when he caught covid and has been on a massive downhill slide cognitively ever since.

This poo poo is wild, imagine one of your elderly relatives posting this. You'd take them to the ER immediately, thinking they had a brain bleed or something.

When he was hospitalized at Walter Reed didn’t he start tweeting out, “No, i did not have a series of mini strokes. Please stop saying i had a series of mini strokes” but absolutely no one had even suggested it at the time? :lol:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

funeral home DJ posted:

Don’t forget we have the motion to vacate hanging over Weird Mike’s head, and he’s currently battling an inbred CrossFit Neanderthal and a strange gun pervert to keep his job.
This doesn't narrow it down at all.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

funeral home DJ posted:

Mike is super screwed. Moderate Republicans are pissed at him for not moving on Ukraine. Extremists Republicans are threatening him if he moves on Ukraine.

This week was supposed to be foreign aid week. They still haven't released the text of the bills. Saturday vote would be the earliest.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

morningdrew posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone that had to climb over their own gut to get out of a vehicle.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Are Trump flying back and forth from Florida for the trial? Because that could explain why he's so tired

If that's the case, lol because that's a stupid idea

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Barometer posted:

Wow, yeah just look at that clotheshorse! What fascism fashion sense!

A tie that long and wide with a raty looking four in hand. A big tie demands a big full Windsor.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

morningdrew posted:

What is with the weird strong man face of the guy holding the door..

Also why do you need two hands to hold open a door..

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Anders posted:

Are Trump flying back and forth from Florida for the trial? Because that could explain why he's so tired

If that's the case, lol because that's a stupid idea

What does your heart tell you.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tai posted:

He's holding his breath as the various pungent aromas waft out of the car.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Dang lookit all that pineapple soda

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tai posted:

That's the face of someone trying not to react to a terrible smell. He's gripping the door with both hands to steady himself after the "trump" wafted out.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tai posted:

He has tears in his eyes from seeing what a great job Trump is doing leaving the car

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

top scores in the Secret Service Academy scowling class

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly,unrelated Trump based question:

Did anyone here actually watch "the apprentice"? What was it like? What was Trumps performance like?

The best thing to come out of The Apprentice was Operation Kitten Calendar.

https://youtu.be/dOVZL3dGw9Q?si=xVPuY_fGj--RYd7Q

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Getting some “it’s Goofy time” vibes from this.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

steinrokkan posted:

He has tears in his eyes from seeing what a great job Trump is doing leaving the car

"Sir, sir, exiting a vehicle as powerfully as that has never been seen before, from the standpoint of getting out of cars."

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/meidastouch/status/1780599830651568385?s=46&t=0hs33BGIDTDY2j_qH8YRBg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tai posted:

Bulletproof doors are heavy as gently caress I think

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

'Wreak the GOP'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ooooooo someone's getting fired