Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah I was just coming to post that article. The gist of why BB lost out on the Falcons job is the Krafts bad mouthing him to Blank. And Falcons executives (who have had three winning seasons in the last 11 years) nixing BB cause they were afraid of losing control or getting pushed out.

The one constant of corporate structures is people protecting their asses. The Falcons have been run so well the last decade so that it makes perfect sense that the people who are responsible for that run of success should be the ones with the veto power over any real change to the way things are done. There is a reason poo poo franchises stay poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1780574237649973321
What say you, NFCE fans?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles should have fired sirianni regardless. Would have absolutely made that devils bargain for belichick to come in and coach till death if it meant at least 1 super bowl win.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

Eagles should have fired sirianni regardless. Would have absolutely made that devils bargain for belichick to come in and coach till death if it meant at least 1 super bowl win.
And Matt Rapist Patricia was already on the coaching staff! He would just have had to move over to the OC's office from the DC's office.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

“Belichick to the Giants” seems to be largely based on him often waxing nostalgic about his time with the team under Parcells in the 80s, and his love of guys like LT and Mark Bavaro and such.

The issue that a lot of people jump over is in those years the owner was Wellington Mara, and by several accounts, Belichick either outright hates or at minimum very much doesn’t current main owner, Wellington’s son John, who has low key become criticized for meddling in some of the stuff impacting the Giants in recent years.

In short, let Kate and Rooney run the Giants.

gently caress the Cowboys.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't get over Kraft actively trying to hurt Belichick, who won SIX SUPER BOWLS for him, job chances for an out of conference job opening. What a sack of poo poo lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fartknocker posted:

“Belichick to the Giants” seems to be largely based on him often waxing nostalgic about his time with the team under Parcells in the 80s, and his love of guys like LT and Mark Bavaro and such.

The issue that a lot of people jump over is in those years the owner was Wellington Mara, and by several accounts, Belichick either outright hates or at minimum very much doesn’t current main owner, Wellington’s son John, who has low key become criticized for meddling in some of the stuff impacting the Giants in recent years.

In short, let Kate and Rooney run the Giants, and gently caress the Cowboys.

I don't want to have any reason to hate the Giants any less so hopefully not.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Browns are going back to the gloss helmet with white facemask.

https://x.com/Browns/status/1780597355773096140

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1780598191697875312

https://x.com/fashion_nfl/status/1780601421509046503

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I vaguely remember there was some rumors of Bill going to the Cowboys after he & Jerry were seen meeting together or something.

I also remember Eagles fans souring on Siriani last season.

Daboll's record wasn't promising. Kinda surprised Mara didn't feel like bringing Bill back for one more grasp at a ring.

I guess Kraft's influence over the other owners is that powerful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mcmagic posted:

I can't get over Kraft actively trying to hurt Belichick, who won SIX SUPER BOWLS for him, job chances for an out of conference job opening. What a sack of poo poo lol

He got caught in a rub and tug sting twice and instead of just paying a piddly fine he spent tens of millions of dollars to fight all the way to the supreme court of florida on some ticky tack bullshit.

The people punished most harshly in the entire operation were the women working at the massage parlor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

He got caught in a rub and tug sting twice and instead of just paying a piddly fine he spent tens of millions of dollars to fight all the way to the supreme court of florida on some ticky tack bullshit.

The people punished most harshly in the entire operation were the women working at the massage parlor.

He also loves Israel genociding kids in Gaza, we know he's a evil piece of poo poo (like every billionaire)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jeff Lurie loves the Patriots and would probably consider him once Sirianni is fired next season. Jerry Jones is a big who knows. When their coach is fired he might hire Deion.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope Belicheck goes to the Cowboys because I think that's a glorious trainwreck waiting to happen.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think a big sticking point with anyone hiring Belichik will be his arrogance in assigning himself the GM role as well. It's hard to overstate how terribly he has been in that role recently, turning one of the most talent rich teams into nearly the most talent poor. He's also made bad hiring decisions in terms of his coaches, and I'm not sure his hardass college coach style is a good fit for the modern NFL.

I think he would be perfect for a DC role but I doubt his ego would allow that.

Anyways, some new corny mottos for this year:

The Lions’ motto: “It takes more.”

The Raiders’: “Get better.”

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He doesn't want to be GM anymore, he just wants to coach.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I vaguely remember there was some rumors of Bill going to the Cowboys after he & Jerry were seen meeting together or something.

I also remember Eagles fans souring on Siriani last season.

Daboll's record wasn't promising. Kinda surprised Mara didn't feel like bringing Bill back for one more grasp at a ring.

I guess Kraft's influence over the other owners is that powerful.

I don’t follow the Giants super closely but it seems like Daboll is doing a decent job with what he’s been given. The roster is a huge steaming turd, it’s a miracle that they made the one playoff run a couple years ago powered by Daniel Jones and zero receivers.

Which doesn’t mean an impatient owner won’t fire him anyway of course.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Future Chicago Bears coach Bill Belichick. Unlike that phony Matt Nagy he'll run the entire loving offense in the T formation

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I don’t follow the Giants super closely but it seems like Daboll is doing a decent job with what he’s been given. The roster is a huge steaming turd, it’s a miracle that they made the one playoff run a couple years ago powered by Daniel Jones and zero receivers.

Which doesn’t mean an impatient owner won’t fire him anyway of course.

Daboll is a raging rear end in a top hat whose assistant coaches hate working for him. He only had success his first year because he hired a very good DC and they got incredibly lucky in a bunch of games they deserved to lose. He has proceeded to have his luck normalize and run that DC out of town.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lost in the details, lol

https://twitter.com/wynnde13/status/1780602631578345977

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol I want to die

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

So he's AL Davis without any of the cool poo poo or swagger

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:rip:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

It sounds like he a) openly said this in interviews and b) nobody believed him lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Harlock posted:

There's something extremely funny about Robert Kraft basically telling other owners to blackball Belichick with the last remaining gasps of life in his body

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39955777/how-patriots-legend-bill-belichick-end-nfl-job

This is totally because Kraft is upset Brady left the Patriots and then won a Super Bowl, isn't it. He blames Belichick for creating the environment that led Brady to leave.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yeah i'm sure a 70+ year old coach who's had an inordinate amount of success controlling almost everything about an organization just wants to be a coach now.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Source?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The ESPN article posted upthread claims he told the Falcons that.

But the article also made it sound like everyone was worried Bill would end up de facto running everything anyway if they hired him, so

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I dont actually think Billy B ever coaches again. He's 72, a noted rear end in a top hat and control freak, and it's extremely difficult to justify hiring a guy who is absolutely losing his edge to age as your HC knowing that he's also going to get into power struggles with dudes already in the building.

jerry is the only one who might be dumb enough to try that out

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If I was an owner I would micromanage like Tepper, but I would be cool about it and also be correct in my decisions. I would build a esteemed council including some of you perhaps

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The second biggest problem with tepper is that he was incredibly successful in an industry that does not translate to anything else.

The biggest problem is that neither he nor any of the people that work in finance realize this.

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

The ESPN article posted upthread claims he told the Falcons that.

But the article also made it sound like everyone was worried Bill would end up de facto running everything anyway if they hired him, so

It's funny because in that article there was a story from one of the interviews where the Falcon executives already seemed threatened when BB asked why they didn't give players bonuses for attending optional off season workouts and their answer was basically "well that's not the way we do things."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

If I was an owner I would micromanage like Tepper, but I would be cool about it and also be correct in my decisions. I would build a esteemed council including some of you perhaps

My skillset would be making sure the team cafeteria has incredible chicken wings.

NFLPA rating for your team would be guaranteed to be A+ every season.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

The second biggest problem with tepper is that he was incredibly successful in an industry that does not translate to anything else.

The biggest problem is that neither he nor any of the people that work in finance realize this.

this is literally every successful rich person i've met. they genuinely believe not only that the lessons they learned in their one successful endeavor translates perfectly everywhere but that their prior success is 100% due to their decisions, no decision was bad or unnecessary and no luck was involved, just absolutely perfect mastery of their area. its patently insane and these people run everything

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is totally because Kraft is upset Brady left the Patriots and then won a Super Bowl, isn't it. He blames Belichick for creating the environment that led Brady to leave.
Kraft is a lecherous moron but all that is true.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also, new coach means business; removes basketball hoop.

https://twitter.com/bradyhenderson/status/1780689815018897816?s=46

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also, new coach means business; removes basketball hoop.

https://twitter.com/bradyhenderson/status/1780689815018897816?s=46

Speaking of blown up, I was hoping they'd keep this image on their stars wall:

Nov 6, 2002

We now go live to report on the status of the foosball and table tennis equipment...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

We now go live to report on the status of the foosball and table tennis equipment...

2024 Offseason hitting its stride early.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Almost certainly.

I'm sure Kraft liked Brady more on a personal level than he ever did Belichick, but Kraft made what he thought was the pragmatic choice. Whereas Brady faced a very obvious physical cliff as he aged, theoretically he could still milk many more years of THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME.

But then said coach/GM was loving pretty bad without Tom Brady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fsif posted:

Almost certainly.

I'm sure Kraft liked Brady more on a personal level than he ever did Belichick, but Kraft made what he thought was the pragmatic choice. Whereas Brady faced a very obvious physical cliff as he aged, theoretically he could still milk many more years of THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME.

But then said coach/GM was loving pretty bad without Tom Brady.

I mean realistically the Pats would also have been pretty bad if Brady stayed but grass is always greener on the other side