Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

Non-profits are just as captured by corporate interests as for-profits. Hell, more so since the top end of staff are either supported by bougie enough circumstances to not need a high income or have funneled all overhead directly into their own pockets via a series of opaque pass throughs.

yeah this is the standard goon response when i say it but it's wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what goons are doing is confusing charities, which are scams, with nonprofits, which serve a community need

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
before this week i was the only nonconcussed goon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

before this week i was the only nonconcussed goon

welcome to the collective

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

come work for the government, we're unionized and hr is terrified of getting sued for discrimination or workplace injuries

I told the story of someone I know in HR whose project, that had a whole team, with administrative assistant and students assigned to it, was a program to promote the hiring and advancement of Inuit mathematicians within a government agency.

As in, Mathematics (MA) job code civil servants, which is usually a doctoral level training in mathematics, though they'll accept a masters. The pay's not bad, it starts at 72 a year, but... things are really bad in northern Canada. Only 48% of Inuit people complete high school, I think it's fair to guess that the rate for completing an advanced education in math is much lower. So, this is a pool of... idk, not many people.

Which is perfect for a make-work project, right? They got to speak at all of these events, and talk about their goal of making a difference to the Inuit people, connecting mathematics to "Inuit ways of knowing and being", but... the cynic in me thinks they had no intention to identify or recruit a single person.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

KirbyKhan posted:

Non-profits are just as captured by corporate interests as for-profits. Hell, more so since the top end of staff are either supported by bougie enough circumstances to not need a high income or have funneled all overhead directly into their own pockets via a series of opaque pass throughs.

Yup, mad?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the trump thread being all hr freaks would be quite funny

Them being HR and middle management computer touchers gives more context for the plinkey goonfund. that thing was their sineater.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't pfc work in health insurance lol

Just a thread of people who all woopsie doodled into monstrous jobs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think he had a job that involved denying coverage, but was able to get a different job that is just filing paperwork into spreadsheets for mid 6 figures. Him and his wife pull in over 7 figures a year lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Regarde Aduck posted:

Can someone explain the dynamics of the Trump thread?

I've never understood who those people are or why they post here, I just notice when they show up in other threads and have absolutely birdbrained opinions.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I've never understood who those people are or why they post here, I just notice when they show up in other threads and have absolutely birdbrained opinions.

some people never got over 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PFC is very funny. He was legitimately super poor, got some jobs that have given him bank, and is slowly morphing into straight three olives.

Dude loves to post about some top of the line $1k toaster oven he buys and then complain about inflation in doom econ

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I disagree with the 100k simply because the guy immediately apologized, if you can't deal with that like an adult just ignore and move on

Yep. Shows more wisdom than many posters, frankly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There are 2 trump thread hr people. Come on

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

PFC is very funny. He was legitimately super poor, got some jobs that have given him bank, and is slowly morphing into straight three olives.

Dude loves to post about some top of the line $1k toaster oven he buys and then complain about inflation in doom econ

Makes sense. The toaster oven should be $800, tops

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think that interview went well but im trying not to get my hopes up... hope to hear back with some good news soon.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
He's no where near as bad as 3 olives but you have to remember that 3 olives also didn't start off as bad as 3 olives

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

the insularity of the trump thread meant it diverged from general cspam

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
3 Olives was so bad

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"was"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol ofc it’s glumwheels

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

lumpentroll posted:

lol ofc it’s glumwheels

The person who talks about how their family owns an olive farm in Greece?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

titty_baby_ posted:

lol yeah

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's just a very large and fast-paced chat thread with a lot of posters who spend the majority of their time there. I don't get why the thread about Donald Trump related news turned into what it did but it did

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

much like this thread, it is hostile and insular

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

Yep. This is the better chat thread imo

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

move this thread to cccc

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I am personally glad there are multiple general chat threads. One for misspellings, photoshops, and the word "piss", and one for slurs and war/peace.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

aw frig aw dang it posted:

move this thread to cccc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Don't forget he was also very outspoken about his displeasure st trump's immigration policies because he is a 2nd generation immigrant, but supports biden's sensible immigration policies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

I am personally glad there are multiple general chat threads. One for misspellings, photoshops, and the word "piss", and one for slurs and war/peace.

When I still browsed the tump thread nobody photoshopped anymore. You all just used ai generated garbage.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

When I still browsed the tump thread nobody photoshopped anymore. You all just used ai generated garbage.

Adjust your glasses?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nobody wans to painstakingly edit an ar15 into ben carson’s hands anymore

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

turdwheels is also the everyone in a union is a chud guy (true)

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

titty_baby_ posted:

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hes basically blue maga

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

I think he had a job that involved denying coverage, but was able to get a different job that is just filing paperwork into spreadsheets for mid 6 figures. Him and his wife pull in over 7 figures a year lol

nah they make 6.5 figgies, to use the yospos parlance

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lin Manuel-Turtle posted:

i made you a haiku to enjoy 😊:

🍃🌊🌸❄️🗻
🌿🎍🪷🌓🍂🍁⛩️
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

thank you! 😁👍🏼🐕

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec