Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahahahhahaha love you Ether

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Are you gonna mulch that tree now you've removed the natural mulch? If you just leave the dirt bare, it's more likely to dry quickly and get hotter and damage the tree's roots as well as harbor less microbiota.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Are you gonna mulch that tree now you've removed the natural mulch? If you just leave the dirt bare, it's more likely to dry quickly and get hotter and damage the tree's roots as well as harbor less microbiota.

I left all the….pine skin chips I guess? Just pulled a lot of the needles off, only bare soil is about 2.5-3 feet away from the trunk. There’s a lot of gravel street side but what I read poppies don’t give a gently caress

I didn’t think about that so I’ll rake what’s left closer to the trunk tomorrow

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 17, 2024

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh yeah poppies don't, for sure. We have a friend who is getting an advanced degree in horticulture come by our place and she had us peel some compacted turf/sod back from too close to the big tree out front (out to 18" from the trunk), and then mulch it with 2 inches of mulch, and we got a little lecture on why and how. Your pine tree is different from my sycamore but the same principle applies: the roots need to breathe, stay cool int he hot summer, retain some moisture, and be a good playground for worms and little buggies and mycorrhizal symbiosis. The natural duff in a forest does that, and so does mulch.

Course it may be totally fine anyway but at least a fair whack of its roots are already compacted underneath the cinder block wall so I was just wondering what you were planning to do there

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ordered some Owl Clover to border the inside area of the rocks, nitrate the soil a bit and reinforce the rocks, the front area near the street gets hammered in hard rain from the neighbors drive way

Oh no idea what I’m doing, lived in apartments all my life, so playing around with a good chunk of land has been a little research then gently caress around and find out. Worked with building the yard creek

Bummed it stopped flowing today, but had a good 6 week flow

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 17, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

Wonder how pissed the neighbor would be if I painted a mural on the side of this big rear end concrete slab

Like either a black Silhouette of a lake, pine trees and mountain peaks or a continuation of the garden painting poppies with the right colors

Or both black silhouette mountain skyline with bright poppies painted over that for contrast

If you're not doing g the equivalent of this I don't know what else to tell you:

Beaten by a better page start.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:vince:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Spent some time this afternoon with a friend in a park by a river. We read together while a record played on my portable record player.

Life was damned good today.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you're not doing g the equivalent of this I don't know what else to tell you:

Beaten by a better page start.

So all my CHUD neighbors don’t murder me

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Just compromise and put taco truck Goku on there

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

oh yeah poppies don't, for sure. We have a friend who is getting an advanced degree in horticulture come by our place and she had us peel some compacted turf/sod back from too close to the big tree out front (out to 18" from the trunk), and then mulch it with 2 inches of mulch, and we got a little lecture on why and how. Your pine tree is different from my sycamore but the same principle applies: the roots need to breathe, stay cool int he hot summer, retain some moisture, and be a good playground for worms and little buggies and mycorrhizal symbiosis. The natural duff in a forest does that, and so does mulch.

Course it may be totally fine anyway but at least a fair whack of its roots are already compacted underneath the cinder block wall so I was just wondering what you were planning to do there

Also recently watched a video about conifers and their evolution and tricks to survive, I’d always been into animal stuff but plants are so much more interesting

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Just compromise and put taco truck Goku on there

Just the whole gangs pants, waist down :goku:

Why should the neighbor care they can’t see it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 17, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
put shirtless jason kelce

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m curious what those wire/tubes are. The original owner sold the place right when we moved in and that driveway wasn’t in any Zillow pics. So they had a half finished driveway and sold the house. All I can think of is they wanted a lighted fence?

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 17, 2024

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Also recently watched a video about conifers and their evolution and tricks to survive, I’d always been into animal stuff but plants are so much more interesting

if you don't already watch Crime Pays but Botany Doesn't, add that guy to your youtube bookmarks. He's hilarious, this very working-class sounding chicago dude who is also incredibly super-knowledgable about plants and all plant-adjacent poo poo

here's a good start, all his "kill your lawn" videos are more or less relevant: https://www.youtube.com/@CrimePaysButBotanyDoesnt/search?query=kill%20your%20lawn

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
those are speed tubes

they make your house go faster

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Will do, loving around with my yard is the peak of my day, smoking out and stabbing it with a rake or blocking the creek to saturate the soil

Know I posted it other day but man the yard used to be a lovely runoff

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 17, 2024

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I love me some residential culverts

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a sexual elk posted:

Wonder how pissed the neighbor would be if I painted a mural on the side of this big rear end concrete slab

Like either a black Silhouette of a lake, pine trees and mountain peaks or a continuation of the garden painting poppies with the right colors

Or both black silhouette mountain skyline with bright poppies painted over that for contrast

Put a cool-rear end 1970s wizard van mural on that thing.

Also did I already ask everyone to think about what we would look like if our hair grew where our teeth are and vice versa? I checked with my family and my wife said if I previously mentioned it, she had blocked it out. My daughter just screamed "OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU SO WEIRD!"

Anyway I gotta go brush my teeth.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
W….with a tooth brush or hair brush

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I know we have some KC folks itt. I’m gonna be there late June/early July for the USA-Uruguay soccer game. What should I check out while I’m in town? The Negro Leagues Baseball museum is on the list. Any other must-sees?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

The voice acting from that NBA game where dudes were obviously reading from a script and could barely read was hilarious like 2 years ago.

Those were the good takes, you should have seen the ones we couldn't use

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Finally got my water heater replaced, went hybrid electric with a recirculation pump (WA state is implementing laws to remove natural gas so I played it safe). Took a shower this morning and was greeted with very hot water that didn't take long to show up at the faucet. Luxury!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

Finally got my water heater replaced, went hybrid electric with a recirculation pump (WA state is implementing laws to remove natural gas so I played it safe). Took a shower this morning and was greeted with very hot water that didn't take long to show up at the faucet. Luxury!

We have a circulation pump for hot water in our house and it's great. Instant hot water. Weird side effect is that sometimes I have to wait for cold water.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
We just got a similar one in January. I think gas was still slightly nicer when it comes to actually using it, but CA is also pushing to get things off of gas and it had a ton of rebates. Not that it is bad or anything, just need to wait a bit longer for hot water if it runs out. That happens so rarely that I will gladly take the energy efficiency.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Another side effect - I basically have a defacto AC in my garage now as it pumps out cold air. This is not bad during the summer as my garage is also my workout room but man it's gonna be real chilly in the winter.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NBA dropping the banhammer.

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1780632995721777408

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I know we have some KC folks itt. I’m gonna be there late June/early July for the USA-Uruguay soccer game. What should I check out while I’m in town? The Negro Leagues Baseball museum is on the list. Any other must-sees?

Kansas City Joes Barbecue, formerly Oklahoma Joes. Life changing meal.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm having a "I have repeatedly told you all this was going to happen, why are you surprised?" moment at work today and it's very satisfying. Maybe people will listen to me and take me seriously going forward (lmao no they won't and they'll get mad at me the next time this pops up).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah that’s too bad, by the way don’t forget to log into the FanDuel app for a free $200 bet!!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Yeah that’s too bad, by the way don’t forget to log into the FanDuel app for a free $200 bet!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD GAMBLE ON SPORTS CONSTANTLY!

*five minutes later*

NOT LIKE THAT!!!!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Don't forget to use coupon code JONTAY for 5% off!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I read a few things that said people in the league were trying really hard to make it not a lifetime ban, but the fact that he bet on the Raptors to lose was a bridge too far.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Gonna start trying to trap players with “I’ll bet you $100,000 you’re the next person who gets banned for gambling” and see who bites

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

I read a few things that said people in the league were trying really hard to make it not a lifetime ban, but the fact that he bet on the Raptors to lose was a bridge too far.

Wow how dare he say that about the World Champions from a year they don't even remember. So rude.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Coco13 posted:

Kansas City Joes Barbecue, formerly Oklahoma Joes. Life changing meal.

I assume this is unaffiliated with the Oklahoma Joe’s chain that we have in Tulsa. I hit Jack Stack and Q39 last time I was in town, both v good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol this guy wanted to host jeopardy

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1780274399439933631

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Which is weird, usually he’s the one who’s just asking questions