Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hope that the new expansion UI changes are actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Frenzy is like really good most of the time imo

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Everyone talks about weapons and perks and such and Im sitting here with my sunshot, auto-loading sniper, an auto-loading solar rocket launcher like its 2018 just mindlessly rolling through content by taking the artifact perks with the icons that match my guns/element without even reading them.

I've been doing this for years now I feel like I miss out on a lot of what Destiny is, because I have hundreds of hours in this game and I had to actually look up what Frenzy is.

Like, the guns this season look super cool and have great looking perks. But can they play the game for me by having an enemy explode into another enemy which explodes into another enemy? Maybe a little bit but not like Sunshot

What also sucks is that I feel compelled to use Starfire Protocol because its just a bonkers exotic armor. But it's so goddamn ugly that I dont even wanna play barbie fashion dressup

The game makes me try other guns, and I do try and even make builds around them but I feel so weak like why are exotics so goddamn good?

My other build revolves around Thunderlord and its the same problem. 100% uptime in easy content, and still viable in raids. I'm a one gun chump!

sure okay fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 17, 2024

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sure okay posted:

What also sucks is that I feel compelled to use Starfire Protocol because its just a bonkers exotic armor. But it's so goddamn ugly that I dont even wanna play barbie fashion dressup
There is an absolutely stunning ornament for starfire protocol, but unfortunately it costs real world money which nobody is allowed any more.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I don't know if anyone can even know this, but are shiny weapons more likely to drop from the Legend onslaught rewards? Or is Legend just more chests?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got a mountain top with ambitious and rampage. No spike nades, but I am happy with this regardless.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The rate is so low it's hard to tell, but I don't think there are different drop rates from different sources. I checked my vault and activity history

104 onslaught chests - 3 shinies
30 trophy token chests - 2 shinies
16 shaxx engrams - 0 shinies

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There is an absolutely stunning ornament for starfire protocol, but unfortunately it costs real world money which nobody is allowed any more.

New ornaments are usually up for dust the season they come out or the season after. This one was the season they nerfed Starfire.

it's actually still really good

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you really wanna get Passionate about Mountaintop, look for these combos on barrel & mag

Best - Hard Launch & Spike Grenade*
Good - Hard Launch & Implosion Rounds
Adequate - Linear & Spike*
Mediocre - Linear & Implosion Rounds
Garbage - everything else is going to have over a 10% damage penalty compared to the above

I'll make one last case for Impulse Amplifier, since it increases velocity and reduces reload time by more than 20%. I strongly recommend that everyone take an IA Mountaintop for a quick joyride at least once, regardless of the rest of the perks, just to get a sense of how transformative it is.

If you get a shiny with Overflow though, that will be Enhanceable next season to hold 3 in the mag. Overflow + Harmony is a really strong combo

*Did you get a Blast Radius masterwork? Technically you don't want to level it up as each point of BR on these rolls will reduce your damage. That said, the lack of gold border is painful, so... no judgment

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Best - Hard Launch & Spike Grenade*
Good - Hard Launch & Implosion Rounds
Adequate - Linear & Spike*
Mediocre - Linear & Implosion Rounds
Garbage - everything else is going to have over a 10% damage penalty compared to the above

This isn't correct anymore after they reworked spike/impact damage, it's way less of a difference now. Like probably 5% or less from best to worst?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

This isn't correct anymore after they reworked spike/impact damage, it's way less of a difference now. Like probably 5% or less from best to worst?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are talking about the recent change to HEAVY grenade launchers.

The four that I tested had a range of 61,000 to 67,000, for reference.

EDIT - Every point of Blast Radius Masterwork that I applied reduced damage by almost 1% :psyduck: In theory that means it should have a wider AoE explosion but I can't tell any benefit from it at all.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 17, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1780709251050258475

Quoting the thread for non tweeters.

quote:

We've been following feedback that there should be better incentives to stay in Onslaught for the full 50 waves, so teammates don't dip out after wave 10. We're adding two additional weapon rewards to Onslaught and buffing Trophies of Bravery drops to help address this. (1 of 8)
Change 1: A chance for one additional weapon to drop when you complete a wave. The drop chance will increase per wave until you get your weapon, and the drop will be guaranteed on wave 50. (2 of 8)
Change 2: A bonus weapon will also drop after you complete wave 50 in either difficulty. This change along with the first means that completing 50 waves will guarantee two additional weapons. (3 of 8)
We will also be increasing the number of Trophies of Bravery you receive from completing waves 40 and 50 of Onslaught and waves 30, 40, and 50 on Legend Difficulty. (4 of 8)
Our goal with these changes is to make sticking it out into the later waves feel more rewarding. (5 of 8)
We've also seen people ask if Shaxx's vendor reputation will be able to be reset. Lord Shaxx's vendor in the Hall of Champions was not meant to be reset and any text stating a reset is available is a bug. We investigated adding resets, but it wasn't feasible at this time.(6 of 8)
One of our goals with adding the additional chance for a weapon to drop when completing an Onslaught wave (as detailed above) is to increase the total rewards earned, as you can no longer earn BRAVE engrams from Shaxx after you hit his reputation cap. (7 of 8)
We are targeting an update next week to get these changes live in the game. (7 of 8)

I'm very happy they didn't buff the drop rate of shinies.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't see how 2 extra weapon drops makes the extra time/effort to do 50 waves somehow worth it compared to doing quick legend 10 wave runs. Maybe with the extra trophies? Idk

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I call bologna that they Never Intended for shaxx to reset. The weapon quests and bounties are like 200 to 400 rep :laugh:

Technical troubles may have made it impossible, but c'mon now, don't just lie for no reason lol

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The devs that knew how to do vendor resets probably got laid off :(

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
For gun rolls I go to light.gg and click on "most popular." Other than Drang, it's worked great! (Zen moment > incandescent)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just remembered that they said you can rocket jump with mountaintop. It pushes you super high

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They're probably not as afraid that people are going to use it to get places they shouldn't, given you can just go anywhere with grapple now.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are talking about the recent change to HEAVY grenade launchers.

The four that I tested had a range of 61,000 to 67,000, for reference.

EDIT - Every point of Blast Radius Masterwork that I applied reduced damage by almost 1% :psyduck: In theory that means it should have a wider AoE explosion but I can't tell any benefit from it at all.

I think some of it trickled down to breech, but I didn't realize the big number on mountaintop was the impact and not the explosion. Spike is still only 12% on breech too though.

Checking on Carl with what I had, if a 100 blast radius non spike is the standard, adding spike gave a 7% total increase. I also had a 98 BR with spike and that was a 9% total increase. The minimum BR with spikes is 95 so not that much better. Imo yeah if you're doing damage get spikes, but don't go crazy for the 95 BR.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Titan mains, if you haven't tried pairing Mountaintop with Lion Rampant yet, you really should!

https://i.imgur.com/DU0Kn9X.mp4
It lets you do some REAL silly things.

Combined with Strand grapple I managed to get to the top of the Cistern on Nessus, even!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Game would be better if they just put the percentages in the tooltip instead of vague 'increases reload speed' or "moderately increase damage"

I mean i had no idea the "font of" armor mods gave 30 fuckin stat points! I thought it was like 10 at the most.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Come on Bungie more rounds means more loot, that is horde mode 101. An extra drop or two isn’t going to get people to play to 50. You have a good game mode here this isn’t the time to be stingy with the loot.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They are eternally afraid of what happens if people actually get the rolls they want.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Come on Bungie more rounds means more loot, that is horde mode 101. An extra drop or two isn’t going to get people to play to 50. You have a good game mode here this isn’t the time to be stingy with the loot.

Technically they’re also upping the trophies you get (at later waves) and those are another gun roll for every 10 I think? I have no idea how many trophies you get now but that’ll probably be a couple more guns per run I hope.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I just don’t think the rewards are enough to stick out an activity for that long, if you hit 50 it should guarantee a lot more loot than two pieces for how long it is even with these changes.

The whole mode kinda feels half baked, it feels like none of the buildables even do anything except the decoy. Barely any loot drops and every quest is a long grind.

Why be so stingy about these guns if you want people to get hyped for the next expansion.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just don't like how a 50 wave run takes almost an hour.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Drop a guaranteed shiny for wave 50 and turn off extinguish for non-legendary

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

haveblue posted:

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Yep

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Drop a guaranteed shiny

*sprays you with water*

No! Bad! Cut it out!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Or make a Legend Version of Onslaught Playlist for people who just want to run 10 waves

I wonder if the worry about “shower of loot” is the possibility of your inventory and post master being too cluttered and gun start getting deleted

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

But like, the Horde mode is fun, just play the game

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

MJeff posted:

*sprays you with water*

No! Bad! Cut it out!

Why is that bad? Isn’t that the whole point of playing now?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lord Packinham posted:

The chase is the whole point

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lord Packinham posted:

The whole point of the shiny versions is that they're cool and rare and unique. They stop being that if you make them guaranteed, they just becomes another piece of loot that isn't special.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1 per 50 with no attunement preference would actually be pretty nice. That’s still a long rear end commitment for just one roll out of what 10 guns once they’re all out?

But that’s mostly a grievance of just simply not having the time to do more than 1 full run a night at best.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
No one wants to play games anymore and the destiny community is never happy

Onslaught feels great and I think its an over-delivery for an minimally viable new game mode. The made level selection and all 3 maps available at the start which is great. two enemy types super cool.

Farming 1-10 Legend gives two drops and you're in and out in 10mins plus you can use the fireteam finder to LFG it. 2 drops and a few trophies for 10-12 mins is great and faster than a strike.

I think the extinguish in normal is great and a happy middle ground, you get 2 or 3 rounds of drops before extinguish goes on and if you want to complete 50, you need the fireteam to stay up. I don't think thats a crazy requirement and if that's difficult for you....in normal content.......get good? Like you have so many tools and player power is so high.....get over yourself and use a "meta" build if you absolutely need the triumph or cosmetic or whatever it gives you. You have 30 waves or whatever to dick around, its nice to have an "aspirational" (lmao) goal in normal content that the lower/low-mid tier of players can chase and feel some accomplishment for.

I think they've got a nice thing going with the ramping difficulty and light disadvantage. the 30-50 space is great for just working on your combat proficiency and Legend will help those of us interested in doing the legendary campaign and day one raid get back in the grove, while normal is a nice on ramp into Legendary campaign from a difficulty and consequences perspective.

They've got the same situation going with Pantheon. The lower/mid skill players can get exposed to raid encounters and DPS mechanics so they feel better dropping the normal raid after opening weekend or doing the older raids while the end game regulars have a space to really hone their performance in an environment that's as close to contest as we're going to get.

The shiny thing is a fun chase that ultimately doesn't matter and 99% of those guns are going to be vault queens that get deleted during TFS season one when all the other new loot drops and people are dithering over 10 of some other new gun. I think they should be very rare since it helps make them feel special and cool.

It would be nice to get some more juice from the 30-50 section of onslaught but its a bit of a rich get richer thing since you're regularly already clearing that high, you just get more for doing it. The # of trophies rewarded will probably have some influence over how this feels.

Game mode is like a 9/10 imo they hit it out of the fuckin park

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It sucks to spend ~35 waves discovering that your randomly chosen team can handle waves 1-30 but not waves 31-50. It makes the activity you just got kicked out of feel like a waste of time

Normal mode is supposed to be the mode almost everyone can muddle through and suddenly raising the stakes 20 minutes in is a weird choice that works against that. Legend is supposed to be the mode where you have invest effort in skill and build and team cohesion because you might crash out

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

It sucks to spend ~35 waves discovering that your randomly chosen team can handle waves 1-30 but not waves 31-50. It makes the activity you just got kicked out of feel like a waste of time

Normal mode is supposed to be the mode almost everyone finishes. Legend is supposed to be the mode where you have invest effort in skill and build and team cohesion

You still got 3 Brave guns and probably enough tokens for one more so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I just want the game to give me a recluse with the loving perks I want. I've had that gun selected since last week and can't buy a repulsor/ destabilizing to save my life. I haven't even seen the funnel web roll which I also wouldn't mind. I get some people love the grind for God rolls but I hate it after a while. I'm not looking for 5/5 just give me the 3rd and 4th columns being right and ill live with everything else.