Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

There's a product called the splash blanket that's waterproof. The ads are practically erotica and definitely someone's fetish. They have a Facebook group called "Friends with Blankets" to push the product and most of the user contributions are of people using them with old pets and stuff in a seriously wholesome way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I just have a mattress protector because I don't want to breathe in dust mites

I have pillow cases for the same

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Oh no

oh jeez

the wrong kind of #metoo posted:

A professor was giving career advice of "Don't work for Mary Kay, sexual harassment is rampant there and it's not just the men doing it"

Are there any male goons who have been sexually harassed by their female boss? What's it like? I know a torrid work affair with a superior is an extremely bad idea in multiple ways, but I'm sadbrained enough to maybe enjoy the attention for a little bit before it comes crashing down.

oh jeez, man.

There are probably a lot of reasons not to work for Mary Kay but the best one (for you) is that even if everything were to play out precisely how you think you would want (no) your brains will only be sadder at the end (this part is for sure; all the parts are for sure.)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I don't know if "intentionally getting molested" is a good solution for being lonely.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Brb, creating a shrewd Mary Kay Boss AI sex-bot.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You know, I'd be shocked if it doesn't already exist.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

burial posted:

Oh no

oh jeez

oh jeez, man.

There are probably a lot of reasons not to work for Mary Kay but the best one (for you) is that even if everything were to play out precisely how you think you would want (no) your brains will only be sadder at the end (this part is for sure; all the parts are for sure.)

can you even work for Mary Kay? I thought it was a pyramid scheme.

Oh wait that's Avon...

but I disagree. If you're looking to get eaten then by all means wander into the lion's den.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Getting into Scentsy in hopes of getting dommed by a kinky Mormon mother of seven.

Imagine the smell

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Certainly!

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Getting into Scentsy in hopes of getting dommed by a kinky Mormon mother of seven.

Imagine the smell

Bad vanilla?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just watch anything starring Michael Douglas in the 90s.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

WE'RE DOING A MUSICAL OF THE MOVIE DISCLOOOOSUUUURE

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Forgive the double-post. A heavy one came in and I felt it deserved not to be attached to whatever that bullshit was. Anyway, here goes and good-night:

terrestrial tragedy posted:

After being together for almost a decade, my partner came out to me as transgender. As in, they want to start taking testosterone, they want their breasts surgically removed, they hope they grow facial hair, they want to use he/him pronouns and change their name, things like that.

I love this person but I am a plain boring old straight guy. I am attracted to women and that's it.

This wasn't completely out of the blue. She was never a super girly girl. She tried dropping a few hints the last couple years but I just... hoped it wasn't that. And it is.

I feel like I cannot go and I cannot stay. We're financially dependent on each other. My family loves her. They don't know about this yet. Not really sure how they'd react. My most trusted friend that I spoke to about this told me I have to protect my own happiness. I never wanted to date a man or a trans-man or however you want to look at it. This isn't something I want.

She really loves me. He, if you want. I've not yet used that pronoun for her and really I just can't. I put my penis in this person's vagina. It's good that I appreciate the absurd, because here it is.

Everything was fine. We were happy. Our plan was to spend our lives together. I don't think that will happen now. I do not want people to say, of me, "That's so-and-so, he's dating a trans-man." Despite what most women will tell you about their support for the LGBTQ+ crowd, when they find out you're not 100% straight, they put you into a different category. A category I don't want to be in. I enjoy being attractive to women. I'm told quite often that I am quite attractive to women. I wish they'd make the first move more often, but I understand that's just not generally how it goes. But I don't want them all thinking I'm on some kind of queer spectrum, to coin a phrase I wish I had a more polite way of saying, sorry.

I don't know what I'll do. Back in the day when housing costs weren't insane, I would have already been gone. And I would have still loved this person, as I still do now. But it would simply have been over.

It feels like a cosmic joke.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was with you until the "this is a problem for me because I don't want to be seen as some kinda queer" part.

It sucks that your partner has changed/is changing in a way that makes your relationship not work. Neither of you is an rear end in a top hat for wanting what you want. Lots of relationships end because people find that they drift apart in ways that can't be reconciled. It is unfortunate but it is reality.

But you got a weird fuckin thing going in the second half. I'm not even going to touch your idea that women don't want to date men in your situation. I'm just going to point out that if you stay with your partner, then it doesn't matter what random women think of you, and if you don't stay with your partner, then you are not dating a trans man and your dumb idea that this would make you unattractive to women is irrelevant.

Weirdo.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah that bit nixed my sympathy in a flash. There are a multitude of reasons as to why women don’t make the first move, but you seem to be giving them more reasons by having some bonkers hangups. That weird attitude is actually the turn off pal.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
It is a huge shock and big mixed feelings are normal, including unhealthy ones or ones that don't include some of the realities of the situation. There's obviously some not great stuff to untangle in it.

I would say that there may be a lack of appreciation of how extremely difficult dealing with gender/sexuality issues can be with the "we were happy and everything was fine" thing, or an implication that it's categorically absurd. Or more absurd than say a partner coming out as a lesbian and the relationship ending that way. Maybe you were both happy, but maybe not in a critical way for him, one that goes far beyond a thought of being something. Into something more like the reality of living with a nervous system that's a certain way.

Or maybe not at all. There's not much of anything about what he has been dealing with, or how he feels. Which might be a product of needing to process this more or might be more significant. So I'm not trying to condemn you on that point but it's something to examine.

The social thing with women is a lovely way to think, but it sounds like it mostly relates to already being checked out of at least an exclusive sexual relationship with him. And I think that a situation like you're in does open a Pandora's box about feeling about yourself and how you relate to people socially and sexually in a gendered way, regardless of how straight dude you are. So I guess focus on what's in front of you instead of getting lost in hypotheticals.

Regardless of any of that, it sounds like you're in a lot of pain and turmoil, and I'm sorry. It's good to keep in mind when navigating this stuff, and that some of it is some unhealthy baggage that is coming up. You're by default not bringing your best self to things, because it's new and hard. So there's definitely big room for improvement demonstrated in the way that you talked about things, but the important thing is being compassionate and patient with your partner and yourself.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Yep, opening paragraphs had my sympathy then it took a weird turn.

But good post from poster above me, who has more compassion than I do.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
My dude, if this is real you are at the fork in the road and things you were happy with are gone. It’s ok to grieve for the life you had, and the future you envisioned. Just don’t go any further down the angry, bitter road, it sucks there and it’s hard to come out of.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I went out a few times with a really cute girl that I was into, and when things were starting to get... heavier, she told me that I needed to know that she was a trans-woman, didn't have the surgery, and didn't plan to get it.

I shrugged and told her "then you should know that I have some learning to do at this point", and it really just progressed normally from there. The presence of a second penis (one each, the second wasn't on her somehow) really didn't impact things all that much, just a few new mechanics I had to learn.

I had always thought myself completely straight, but it turns out that I'm also into trans-women and femme guys. Some people think I'm weird for it but idgaf what they think about my dating preferences and they can all eat poo poo if they feel the need to inform me about it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

The Bible posted:

I went out a few times with a really cute girl that I was into, and when things were starting to get... heavier, she told me that I needed to know that she was a trans-woman, didn't have the surgery, and didn't plan to get it.

I shrugged and told her "then you should know that I have some learning to do at this point", and it really just progressed normally from there. The presence of a second penis (one each, the second wasn't on her somehow) really didn't impact things all that much, just a few new mechanics I had to learn.

I had always thought myself completely straight, but it turns out that I'm also into trans-women and femme guys. Some people think I'm weird for it but idgaf what they think about my dating preferences and they can all eat poo poo if they feel the need to inform me about it.

My best friend went through this exact same situation. He was straight growing up, then got into a relationship with a trans-woman in his 30s, and then was like "huh, who'd have thought it? Oh yeah I like pretty femme looking dudes now too".

He's a really cool guy and I'm glad he felt he could come out to me with something like that because there's were a ton of prejudiced idiots who gave him poo poo for it behind his back :smith:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I live in Thailand, so sometimes I forget other countries and cultures are still hung up on this stuff.

I did meet an honest to God transphobe here who was terrified that a trans woman could use any bathroom in the UK. I don't think she was ready to find out that there were trans people in the very restaurant we were at who could be in the restroom at the same time as her and that if she had already been out in Bangkok more than once, she'd shared a bathroom with at least one trans woman at some point.

She was also antivaxx and an outright COVID denier so just a whole pile of awful.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

burial posted:

Forgive the double-post. A heavy one came in and I felt it deserved not to be attached to whatever that bullshit was. Anyway, here goes and good-night:

"Everything was fine. We were happy."

:thunk:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

I did meet an honest to God transphobe here who was terrified that a trans woman could use any bathroom in the UK. I don't think she was ready to find out that there were trans people in the very restaurant we were at who could be in the restroom at the same time as her and that if she had already been out in Bangkok more than once, she'd shared a bathroom with at least one trans woman at some point.
https://youtu.be/tV3dCyVS2XE

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Bible posted:

I love love love this post. I always thought I was bisexual, but it turns out that I'm pan when I came to the same realization, though not from direct, physical interaction. It likely would've all happened the same way for me if I was in the same situation.

I'm attracted to the person and their genitals do not matter to me whatsoever (meaning, I'm totally fine with either).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

British bathroom mania is wild stuff. I dunno what people think trans women are doing in there or why they think a perverted man would have to pretend to be trans to enter a bathroom, but not knowing the exact genital status of every person in that room is apparently some people's greatest fear

Anyway anon it's fine and normal for you to be upset at the end of such a long relationship for reasons that have nothing to do with you, but (a) don't be so hung up on the imagined opinions of hypothetical women, and (b) keep in mind that this is not something your partner is doing to you. You're not under any obligation to stay with them for this or any reason, but definitely try not to be so main-character about it. It's not a healthy or constructive approach.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

loquacius posted:

British bathroom mania is wild stuff. I dunno what people think trans women are doing in there or why they think a perverted man would have to pretend to be trans to enter a bathroom, but not knowing the exact genital status of every person in that room is apparently some people's greatest fear

Spoilers: we're taking a dump

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I think Terrestrial Tragedy needs to take a good long hard look at themselves, and think about whether they love their partner, or whether they love the idea of their partner.
If you love them as a person, their gender is a lot less important than you think it is.

Maybe seek out some online queer spaces where you can talk with transmasc people, to get an idea of what kind of a life living with gender dysphoria is?
It's not the happy life that you think you two had.

The fact is that the average size of the female penis, and the average size of the male vulva, is larger than 0.
Also, please remember that lots of queer people think they're straight and/or cis until they find out they aren't - for some that happens very early on, for others it happens very late in life.

Oh, and stop loving caring about what other people (of who some, statistically speaking, have been transwomen), think of you.
They're way too busy with their own busy lives to spare you much thought.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
That last part was weird.

I get that your relationship is probably ending, and that's fine. At least yo know where you stand and I'd have to imagine that the breakup would be amicable, given that you and your wife seem to get along.

...but that last part. You got some issues to sort out my dude.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
I'm kind of surprised that people aren't encountering women who refuse to date men that aren't 100% straight. I've encountered enough that I thought it was a typical experience. Obviously not all women think that way but I've been friends with women who mentioned it as a dealbreaker and I've had bi friends express frustration with it repeatedly coming up. I would've said the majority of straight women felt that way before reading this thread.

.Edit: just looked for studies and yeah, like 63% of straight women wouldn't date a bi man. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Leviathan Song fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 17, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Leviathan Song posted:

I'm kind of surprised that people aren't encountering women who refuse to date men that aren't 100% straight. I've encountered enough that I thought it was a typical experience. Obviously not all women think that way but I've been friends with women who mentioned it as a dealbreaker and I've had bi friends express frustration with it repeatedly coming up. I would've said the majority of straight women felt that way before reading this thread.

I'd wager it's probably a bigger deal in traditional conservative-type places. I grew up in a redneck shithole and I have conservative male friends who are turned off by women with short hair. It's probably something similar to that.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

I'd wager it's probably a bigger deal in traditional conservative-type places. I grew up in a redneck shithole and I have conservative male friends who are turned off by women with short hair. It's probably something similar to that.

That's a really good point, my experience was mainly with Oklahoma. Even very liberal women there tend to have this hang up.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Leviathan Song posted:

Edit: just looked for studies and yeah, like 63% of straight women wouldn't date a bi man. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Do any of the studies touch on WHY they wouldn't?

Kinda curious what the numbers look like for men, too. On the one hand, it seems like there would have to be a number of dudes that are dumb enough to think a bisexual partner is a ticket to menage city. On the other, there are apparently men who are sure that if they properly clean their rear end in a top hat, they're suddenly gonna want a cock up it, so.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leviathan Song posted:

.Edit: just looked for studies and yeah, like 63% of straight women wouldn't date a bi man. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people.
No it’s absolutely a thing. It’s just not a thing that matters when you’re (monogamously) married to someone else

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think it's a variety of things. Some might not like the idea of being with a 'gay' man, some might not like the idea of their spouse being attracted to both men and women. Some women just don't like the idea or vision of their guy having sex with a man because it makes the 'seem weak'. I've heard various things over the years.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Masculinity is weird as a concept and men aren't the only gatekeepers of it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think "I don't want to date a man" should probably be a more important factor to whether anon stays in his relationship than whether people think he's on a queer spectrum though and it seems like everybody's in agreement there

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I think those women who don't want to date queer men probably would consider you some kind of gay just because you had a partner that was trans, even if you didn't know at the time. You're gay now, nothing else to do but embrace it and ride the wave.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

I live in Thailand, so sometimes I forget other countries and cultures are still hung up on this stuff.

She was also antivaxx and an outright COVID denier so just a whole pile of awful.

I don't know what magical warding properties people think bathroom door signs have.

If a person is bold enough to attack you in a public bathroom, a crude stick figure representation of a woman will not be the thing that stops them. That door opens for anyone. You just push on it gently with your hand.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If op really loved his partner, he'd cut his dick off and transition to a woman. Then when his partner transitions to male, they're both back in a heterosexual relationship.

Bing bong so simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Starting to date a cishet lady and I know now to make sure they’re ok with me being pan. What a world. Thankfully she was horrified at the idea I would have to ask but, friends, that is not always the case!