Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Heath posted:

You joke but it will be 69 seconds.

Unless you subscribe to twatter vine plus which will give you an even 7 minutes exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

zedprime posted:

Whoa do water marks void your warranty?

Did it say that voids the warranty? Thought it was just a "caution" which is in a lot of regular car manuals to caution against washing in direct sunlight.

Most companies also advise to remove bird droppings, sap, etc as it will discolour the paint as well.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pay for Vine Premium++ you can upload up to 4 hours of AI video made by Grok

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Ehud posted:

literally any stock 4wd vehicle with 9" of ground clearance can do this

https://x.com/teslaownersSV/status/1780622853962162273

Look at how rough that ride is. That thing is so heavy it shouldn't be off-roading.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would simply drive around the stone blocks

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Ehud posted:

Go to Central America and you'll see loving Honda Accords going down mountain roads with rougher terrain than that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If that account didn't spend like $5000 or whatever getting a gold checkmark I'd say it's satirical but those people really think that's a mind blowing achievement for a large truck :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Musk pays a lot of them to post positive stuff

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

explosivo posted:

If that account didn't spend like $5000 or whatever getting a gold checkmark I'd say it's satirical but those people really think that's a mind blowing achievement for a large truck :(

Priced like a Nissan GT-R, so I'm willing to bet most of the dudes buying these are using the same kind of logic and reason that leads to tech dudes buying Camaros or Vettes and trying to blend in with the street racing crowd. I'd be real surprised if any single cybertruck owner has ever taken an interest in off-roading or muddin' before the hype about the trukkk being an offroad wizard or whatever the gently caress.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Ya know if I ran a car company and wanted to make a new truck, I'd probably just ask if we could stick a battery in a Hilux and call it a day lol

Those trucks are awesome

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Bigass battery pack that just plugs into the bed like a power drill

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I thought vine was just tik tok but bad at existing

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SilverSupernova posted:

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I think this post is being unfair to the value of NFTs.

Nazi Fail Truck

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

More or less.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Musk has just made his 3 millionth tweet bitching about this NPR woman

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

holtemon posted:

Ya know if I ran a car company and wanted to make a new truck, I'd probably just ask if we could stick a battery in a Hilux and call it a day lol

Those trucks are awesome

yes, Musk fanboys are salivating over cyberdungs being so masculine because they can carry a bunch of dirt bags while spending 10 seconds off-road while there are hiluxes carrying rocket pods and AA autocannons in deserts

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 17, 2024

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
every time a cybertruck dies, a LOL gets its wings.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I finally remembered what all these videos of Cybertrucks inching along over mild terrain remind me of, it's Power Wheels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUART1zYMA

Babby's First Off-Roader :allears:
(I think the Power Wheels might actually be more capable)

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 17, 2024

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7289563055409614085

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

gonna kidnap one?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ehud posted:

"Look how easy off-roading is in the Cybertruck!" I shout as I lightly tap the accelerator then immediately slam on the breaks, alternating this process several times while emitting distressed nerd sounds until I have put the obstacle behind me. "I feel so manly now!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I kept expecting the camera to pull back and pan right and show some big and increasingly challenging offroad course but no, it's just basically "a curb"

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/RealDanODowd/status/1778224756220940585

Tesla FSD identifies child and then mows it down 5 seconds later.

Child later identified as Little Tiffany from Men in Black.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
going to go off-roading in my cybertruk and then lose the warranty when I take it through a carwash afterward

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Well, well, well... it looks like reports of manufacturing defects and breakages on the latest model of the cybertruck have caused Tesla's share price to plunge. Maybe shareholders are starting to see the "break lights"!

Oh Elon, you're like Humpty Dumpty! on top....until you're not!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Data Graham posted:

I kept expecting the camera to pull back and pan right and show some big and increasingly challenging offroad course but no, it's just basically "a curb"

You'll recall the cybertruck did get defeated by a curb before. At least this time it was going down off the curb I guess which is why it had only medium difficulty with it.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
OMG... I go down a way nastier dirt road than that just to get to my house. In a station wagon. The cyber truck is beyond pathetic. That thing should be tearing a new track through the loving dirt not tiptoeing over it like a goddamn ballerina.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

OMG... I go down a way nastier dirt road than that just to get to my house. In a station wagon. The cyber truck is beyond pathetic. That thing should be tearing a new track through the loving dirt not tiptoeing over it like a goddamn ballerina.

Give the driver a break, he can't see anything once it points it's ugly nose up

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

lol even poo poo like this is pandering to elon ' make babies' musk

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ehud posted:

that's basically flat, an F1 car could do that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The face of premature ejaculation

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

#sports are back baby

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

oh the Olympics still exist, time feels weird since 2020

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Ehud posted:

Digital camo wrap, because it's not enough to just hide your checkmark to mask your online shame

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dwesa posted:

yes, Musk fanboys are salivating over cyberdungs being so masculine because they can carry a bunch of dirt bags while spending 10 seconds off-road while there are hiluxes carrying rocket pods and AA autocannons in deserts

The bed capacity of a cybertruck is roughly the same as the back of the Nissan rogue I used to have and substantially smaller than the back of the minivan I drive now. The cybertruck bed is so small idk what I’d even be able to use it for other than weekend gardening projects.

Someone should measure the cybertruck bed based on the largest size kallax that will fit in it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

AlmightyBob posted:

oh the Olympics still exist, time feels weird since 2020

The Olympics owns and sucks donkey balls at the same time

On one hand a bunch of athletes from smaller sports get to be broadcasted around the world. Wrestling, hockey (not ice hockey but the other type), all the cool and weird sports no one thinks about between those years

On the other hand IOC is almost as corrupt as FIFA and really love authorisation regimes trying to sportwash themselves no matter the cost in human lives

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CharlestheHammer posted:

it was better but it also had no monetisation which is primarily why it was better and why it shutdown and why resurrecting it isn't a good business move because now it'll just be shorter tik-tok without the music plus elon and twitter poo poo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1780672630305255449

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
No no, it's totally fine as long as you engage our proprietary Car Wash Mode(tm). No other car has ever needed Car Wash Mode(tm), but this is actually a good thing for Tesla because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Maybe stop polishing elons knob